Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

This story seems a little odd. There's a lot of relevant information missing from it. What was his motive? His criminal history? Why would he go to the attic if he was merely a burglar since most valuables would be in the living quarters? Why wouldn't he just want to get in and get out? Did he hear noises? Why would she need to shoot him five times if she had a gun and he didn't? The story is extremely short on any kind of details.

??? Are you paying attention? His motive was to rob the place. His criminal history is that he's been arrested several times for various crimes, including assault. Why did she need to shoot him five times? HELLLLOOOOO!! Those five shots failed to disable him. You think one shot would have done the trick? Anyone who knows the first thing about defending one's self with a gun knows that you don't just shoot once. You unload. Shooting only once can get you killed.

All I'm saying is that the story seems odd and strangely incomplete in terms of the information presented. For example, the alleged thief surely didn't need a crowbar to break a window, did he? It's almost as if he was expecting to find something valuable (like drugs or drug money, perhaps) locked up somewhere.

Every time you post you look dumber.

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

Bingo!! You don't even realize that a double action revolver has the same basic effect as a semiautomatic pistol. Nothing is worse than a person who doesn't know the first thing he's talking about telling the rest of us that we can't defend ourselves.

I didn't tell you that you can't defend yourself, did I? The purpose of the op was to make a point that automatic weapons are better for defense than non-auto weapons. As I have stated over and over, the non-auto weapon that was used in this case was sufficient. Zooom right over your head.

I read the OP and didn't see anything like that. I did, however, see a need for more cartridges.

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

She emptied the revolver hitting him all 6 times and he did not go down, getting the point yet pinhead?

He is just pissy because didn't get the results he was hoping for. He was hoping the intruder had a gun and the intruder shot the mother and child, so he could claim we need to confiscate all guns in the name of the mother and child.

This is a sad day for him.

Bingo!! You don't even realize that a double action revolver has the same basic effect as a semiautomatic pistol. Nothing is worse than a person who doesn't know the first thing he's talking about telling the rest of us that we can't defend ourselves.

I didn't tell you that you can't defend yourself, did I? The purpose of the op was to make a point that automatic weapons are better for defense than non-auto weapons. As I have stated over and over, the non-auto weapon that was used in this case was sufficient. Zooom right over your head.

I read the OP and didn't see anything like that. I did, however, see a need for more cartridges.

Yet, if she had taken the time to reload and was able to leave instead, she probably would have been charged with murder.

Not 30 miles from here... and a perfect example of why larger magazines are a good thing.

6 shots, 6 hits and the sonofabitch STILL didn't die!!

Yeah she was a great shot....with her REVOLVER.

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh .

You were saying something about large magazines? :lol:

Thanks for showing the brain power of the progressive fascists.

She emptied the revolver hitting him all 6 times and he did not go down, getting the point yet pinhead?

He's in the hospital with holes in his stomach and lungs. The lady and her children are alive. The revolver did its job. Get the point, asshole?

Let me see if I can use small enough words so you have a chance to understand.. She fired all 6 rounds from her revolver. She hit him 5 times. He was in good enough shape that he was able to leave the house.
If he had had a weapon, he could have elected to stay in the house and kill the woman and her children. 30 rounds instead of 6 and he would have most likely, been dead hence zero threat.

A revolver already did the trick

AGAINST A CROWBAR!! This woman got lucky.

Are you seriously telling me that a crowbar is a deadlier weapon than a revolver? :confused:

Sure, in the right hands anything can be a deadly weapon. But in this case, the revolver won. What in the fuck are you nuts bitching about?

Have you ever heard of the 21 foot rule? The crowbar could have been more deadly than a gun, the same way a knife can be too.

Not 30 miles from here... and a perfect example of why larger magazines are a good thing.

6 shots, 6 hits and the sonofabitch STILL didn't die!!

"The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he's staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver," Chapman told Channel 2’s Kerry Kavanaugh .

Bigger magazine means more wounds with a bigger chance the piece of shit would be dead. But that would make bleeding heart libtards angry that a woman protected herself and her children.

Your point pointless?

The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

You did read the article, right?

The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said.

9 more slugs and this wouldn't have happened. What if he'd run over a couple kids while "attempting to flee"?

Would you still have the same opinion?

So, everybody should have autos with extended clips in case the 6 slugs from a revolver doesn't kill a criminal on the spot?

You keep showing how retarded you are.....Do you even know what Auto and semi auto means?

Last edited:

He is just pissy because didn't get the results he was hoping for. He was hoping the intruder had a gun and the intruder shot the mother and child, so he could claim we need to confiscate all guns in the name of the mother and child.

It's a sad day for you, dumb ass, if you truly believe that's what I was hoping for.

Do you not understand English you stupid racist son of a bitch???

He did NOT go down and die from the 6 shots from the revolver.. A higher capacity magazine would have ensured she had MORE shots to pump into the criminal asshole

spin spin spin :lol:

Ok pal. Clearly, you lost this argument.
You would lose an argument with yourself dumbass.

If we allowed physical harm as a form of punishment, how many shots from a .38 would be sufficient punishment for the crime of trespassing with intent to commit grand larceny?

Before you assholes get your panties in a wad....know that I have a loaded .38 stored in a convenient place in my home and would use it if someone broke into my house.

But to say that the firearm was ineffective because the idiot is still breathing is simply warped thinking.

Not true. Any weapons training class in America will tell you that unless you intend to 'shoot to kill', you shouldn't be shooting at all.
And any self defense classes (Krav maga, specifically) will train you to to totally incapacitate your attacker before you stop fighting back. If the attacker happens to die, well....

Dead works, especially if he is a man and you are a woman. He will get back up if you leave him alive.

It's a sad day for you, dumb ass, if you truly believe that's what I was hoping for.
It is a sad day that we have to listen to your dumbass.

Not true. Any weapons training class in America will tell you that unless you intend to 'shoot to kill', you shouldn't be shooting at all.
And any self defense classes (Krav maga, specifically) will train you to to totally incapacitate your attacker before you stop fighting back. If the attacker happens to die, well....

Dead works, especially if he is a man and you are a woman. He will get back up if you leave him alive.
We are taught to make sure they are down for the count, whatever "down" entails.

What if he were wearing body armor? Should she then be allowed to possess armor-piercing bullets? How about grenades? Where does it stop?

It stops when the woman and children are alive to talk about it.

They are alive. She is talking about it. Next.

You are the one with the issue here, I would have preferred she have a Bushmaster with a 30 round magazine.

In fact, I bet the next time someone breaks into her house she will have one.

Forum List

Back