Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

the law says a human corpse,,

what do you think a corpse is??

Merriam-Webster is not "the law", you stupid dumbass. It's a dictionary with ZERO legal substance behind it. You really are one stupid mother fucker, aren't you?

but the law uses the dictionary,,

laws dont define words,,

Yes they do. You continue to show your stupidity.

Many states have different definitions of a trespasser. They define it in each statute for clarity.

"It is often the case that am particular law defines a particular term for the purposes of that law. For example, US copyright law defines "derivative work", and the US ADA defines "disability". US federal and Maryland state law both define "debt collector" and the definitions differ significantly. "Employment" is defined differently in the law of agency, and in tax law (copyright law follows the law of agency here). Fire and building codes often define a host of technical terms. The same is true in laws of other nations."

When it says "abuse of a corpse" the law MUST define a corpse, especially when it can be something vague like "a dead human" and yet some can think a 22 week old baby is not a human.

Last edited:
The law in Ohio does NOT define a corpse with regards to the "abuse of a corpse" statute.

Did you even read the fucking OP? From the fucking OP:

"Timko said the case is now about defining the term “corpse.” Ohio’s laws do not define corpse, and without a definition, the public is left to argue the issue, she said."
The lawyer for the defendant. That might be the only argument they have. But, the word is subject to ordinary definition. The argument will fail. The law does not define woman, man, mother or father.

The lawyer for the defendant. That might be the only argument they have. But, the word is subject to ordinary definition. The argument will fail. The law does not define woman, man, mother or father.

I don't know if it will fail or not. Since there is no law to fall back on either way, I really don't know where this will go.

This is only a misdemeanor anyway.

Yes they do. You continue to show your stupidity.

Many states have different definitions of a trespasser. They define it in each statute for clarity.

"It is often the case that am particular law defines a particular term for the purposes of that law. For example, US copyright law defines "derivative work", and the US ADA defines "disability". US federal and Maryland state law both define "debt collector" and the definitions differ significantly. "Employment" is defined differently in the law of agency, and in tax law (copyright law follows the law of agency here). Fire and building codes often define a host of technical terms. The same is true in laws of other nations."

When it says "abuse of a corpse" the law MUST define a corpse, especially when it can be something vague like "a dead human" and yet some can think a 22 week old baby is not a human.
Anyone who thinks a 22 week old fetus is not human is just wrong. If it's not human what is the species.

Despite the gasping at definitions the Ohio statute is clear on the treatment of human remains.

As the word CORPSE has never been used to describe something not deceased it is unlikely that the result of the miscarriage will be subject to being not a corpse or not remains.

I don't know if it will fail or not. Since there is no law to fall back on either way, I really don't know where this will go.

This is only a misdemeanor anyway.
There is no way a corpse can be described as anything other than dead, the only thing the defense can fall back on is the corpse describes human remains and a dead fetus is not human.

If not, what is it?

words and their meanings have been around a lot longer tha laws,,

your insults are better said in the mirror,,

Irrelevant. Laws have legal meanings, and legal consequences. Words don't. So laws will define words that the law pertains to. It HAS to, to prevent things JUST LIKE THIS from happening.

Each state that has a castle doctrine defines "castle." The webster dictionary defines castle as : A castle is a type of fortified structure built during the Middle Ages predominantly by the nobility or royalty and by military orders. Scholars usually consider a castle to be the private fortified residence of a lord or noble."

But when it comes to the castle doctrine, castle means ones home, ones car and some say your property. Some say its your car in public, some say its not. Some say it's anywhere you have a right to be, like a hotel room, BnB, apartment you rent. Some might say you must own the property in order for it to be considered your castle. So that's why dictionaries aren't used to define legal terms in laws like that. Each state has their own definition of what a "castle" is IN REGARDS TO THIS LAW. After all, does ANY dictionary define "castle" as "ones personal vehicle?" No, of course not.

I don't write these laws, I just read them.

My insults are said to the stupid, which are abundant on this forum.

Last edited:
Irrelevant. Laws have legal meanings, and legal consequences. Words don't. So laws will define words that the law pertains to. It HAS to, to prevent things JUST LIKE THIS from happening.

My insults are said to the stupid, which are abundant on this forum.
of course you can back that up with something from the law books??

dont worry I can wait,,

There is prosecutorial discretion. WHY is this being prosecuted. I am sure its a man DA.
There are ghouls sitting around in right wing think tanks just waiting for a case like this to test the limits of the law in their endless pursuit to strip women of their agency.

I don't know. I don't understand the whole thing. The only thing that makes sense is harassment of this woman.
Any woman in Texas, Ohio or other Red States that passed these barbaric anti abortion laws is taking her life into her hands. What happened to that woman in Texas who had to leave the state can happen to ANY woman who gets pregnant.

But this is what happens when deranged Republican Hacks like Abbott are elected to high office.

Forum List

Back