Woman who miscarried charged with a crime.

then why is the law going after her?? and shes not the first women to be charged like this for dumping their dead child in the trash,,

and your oak tree comparison failed the laugh test years ago,,
That's what I wanna know - why is the law going after her.
I never heard of anything like that before. Give me a link or something that says that other women were charged like this in Ohio

I never heard of anything like that before. Give me a link or something that says that other women were charged like this in Ohio
we get stories all the time of mothers dumping their children in the trash,, being from ohio is irrelevant,,

To you, but not to the law. It's like charging someone with chopping down an oak tree when the step on an acorn.
OBVIOUSLY it is a corpse to the law as THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE WOMAN IS CHARGED WITH..

While stepping on an acorn isn't chopping down an oak tree, if you remove that acorn or that pine cone from a publicly owned forest it is a violation of federal law exactly as if you had chopped down an oak tree. All of it are forest products. A private landowner can charge the person taking that acorn with theft of forest products.

The only intelligent thing you have said is "I don't know".

The law is going after her because she broke the law. Just like these women.

The law is going after her because she broke the law. Just like these women.

They did something to a newborn baby. This case doesn't even allege that she cause any injury to her fetus.

I asked for the legal way to dispose of a miscarriage. There must be a section of the Ohio penal code that deals with improper disposal of fetal material in order to charge her. To my knowledge no state in the nation recognizes fetal personhood.

The problem is, the law does not define a corpse. That's up to the individual jury.

Forum List

Back