🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women Giving up Seats on American Airliners for Religious Accomodation?

Guys.....it is a democrat journalist reporting the story....they don't understand Islam any better than they understand any other issue....he probably called them monks because he was too lazy to look up Imam......

United Airlines made that declaration. Not a "democrat journalist".. :lmao:

Why was the woman moved? The men could have just as easily been moved. This is wrong and part of the problem of lack of or refusal to assimilate

Assimilation really isn't the issue - these aren't immigrants, they're foreign travelers. They don't have to "assimilate" per se. The onus is on the airlines to make it right for all parties.

Why Most Buddhist Nuns and Monks Are Celibate

In Theravada Buddhism monks are not permitted to so much as shake hands with a woman; nor may a nun touch a man. The revered Thai monk Ajaan Fuang (1915-1986) said, "The reason the Buddha didn't allow monks to touch women is not that there's anything wrong with women. It's because there's something wrong with the monks: They still have mental defilements, which is why they have to be kept under control." Mahayana celibate orders generally are not quite so strict about not touching.

Good God of Abraham people, stop seeing Muslims in every thread...

I had no idea that Buddhists were strict about that.

Ajaan Fuang got that part right about men having "mental defilements'. Which I suppose is a nice Buddhist way of saying we can file crap unless it's about sex or sports or power tools. Great phrase isn't it?

In Theravada Buddhism monks are not permitted to so much as shake hands with a woman; nor may a nun touch a man. The revered Thai monk Ajaan Fuang (1915-1986) said, "The reason the Buddha didn't allow monks to touch women is not that there's anything wrong with women. It's because there's something wrong with the monks: They still have mental defilements, which is why they have to be kept under control." Mahayana celibate orders generally are not quite so strict about not touching.

I'm very familiar with Buddhist monks and nuns as well as Buddhism in general and I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in their doctrine that inspires or commands violence against the unbeliever. Unlike Muhammad, Buddha was not a terrorist.

Buddhists can be just as violent and intolerant as any other religion. Look at Myanmar.

Ajaan Fuang got that part right about men having "mental defilements'. Which I suppose is a nice Buddhist way of saying we can file crap unless it's about sex or sports or power tools. Great phrase isn't it?

You know what is interesting? The position of women in all this. Whether it's Christians, Muslims, Jews or Buddhists. Women are covered up or seperated or not to be touched because men can't possibly be expected to "not defile" themselves or control their urges. It touches upon the issue of rape too, where women are blamed for being to scantily dressed.

That poor woman losing her airline seat to some third world Islamic shithole people for religious purposes, versus the possible loss of her reproductive rights to Christians over here suggests that women have a long ways to go before they can claim some kind of equality with that of a man. Or corporate America.
What reproductive rights do they have the possibility of losing exactly?

Do you really want to have a discussion on the modern day eugenics movement?

Guys.....it is a democrat journalist reporting the story....they don't understand Islam any better than they understand any other issue....he probably called them monks because he was too lazy to look up Imam......

United Airlines made that declaration. Not a "democrat journalist".. :lmao:

The journalist should have followed up.....

Too many people under the impression that this is EXCLUSIVELY a "Muslim Issue". Read the damned OP -- BOTH LINKS...

Yeah I saw you carefully placed the Orthodox Jews in the same boat. Nice attempt to cover up for the Muslims.

We all can deal with little issues from Orthodox Jews from time to time because they don't bother anyone. Nor do they oppress, kill, or rape women and children. And yell from the roof tops about their blood lust for anyone not in their religion.

Hmmmm....so...a couple of Muslims (that aren't bothering anyone) must be treated differently than a couple of Buddhists (who aren't bothering anyone) or a couple of Orthodox Jews (that aren't bothering anyone)...

You know what is interesting? The position of women in all this. Whether it's Christians, Muslims, Jews or Buddhists. Women are covered up or seperated or not to be touched because men can't possibly be expected to "not defile" themselves or control their urges. It touches upon the issue of rape too, where women are blamed for being to scantily dressed.

Yeah...what freakin century are you talking about....muslims think that, a tiny number of jews do, and a tiny group of christians.....muslims still stone women to death......

you ass clowns are constantly making excuses for muslims.....what is with that....?

[...]

Your utter lack of knowledge of Islam is readily apparent, you didn't need to advertise it.
I know all I need and wish to know about Islam and those who adhere to that fanatical faith. Those people represent a lethal threat to all whom they regard as "infidels," which is why I believe the Christian world should be preparing for what amounts to the Tenth Crusade.

Yeah...what freakin century are you talking about....muslims think that, a tiny number of jews do, and a tiny group of christians.....muslims still stone women to death......

you ass clowns are constantly making excuses for muslims.....what is with that....?

A small group of Muslims think that, as do a small group of Jews, as do a small group of Buddhists (monks) as do a small group of Christians.

What's your point here?

A small group of Muslims think that, as do a small group of Jews, as do a small group of Buddhists (monks) as do a small group of Christians.

What's your point here?

Far more muslims believe it than do the tiny number of Jews and Christian sects...the issue is with muslims, not Christians and Jews....

[...]

Your utter lack of knowledge of Islam is readily apparent, you didn't need to advertise it.
I know all I need and wish to know about Islam and those who adhere to that fanatical faith. Those people represent a lethal threat to all whom they regard as "infidels," which is why I believe the Christian world should be preparing for what amounts to the Tenth Crusade.

Your are proving my point for me. You know absolutely nothing about Islam other than hatred and vitriol.

The scary part is that you almost seem proud of your ignorance.

What's your point here?

Far more muslims believe it than do the tiny number of Jews and Christian sects...the issue is with muslims, not Christians and Jews....

Really?

Have you done a survey?

Leftist don't care about rape unless a white christian male is the raper.

There are a lot of women's issues being swept under the rug because people are afraid of being called an islamaphobe.

I'm very familiar with Buddhist monks and nuns as well as Buddhism in general and I assure you there is absolutely NOTHING in their doctrine that inspires or commands violence against the unbeliever. Unlike Muhammad, Buddha was not a terrorist.

Are we talking about VIOLENCE here? And what makes you think I didn't know the difference? And why is that relevant to being in the PROXIMITY of a woman stranger?

You brought up the bull shit equivalence argument so no, you obviously don't know the difference.

Absolutely. I believe there are women Buddhist and Hindu nuns (or some kind of equivalent) and they don't ever seem to be the problems in situations like this. The Muslim women cashiers/baggers/clerks at the stores in my area don't ever have an issue of interacting with men.

Religious men are just too dangerous to let loose in public with their "mental defilements". :rolleyes: And of course, the cure for that is celibacy?

Forum List

Back