Women, gun control, and the GOP

Your "would be" "what if" scenarios are nothing but silly hyperbole. What makes you think that women are less capable of using a firearm than men anyways?

He's a misogynist. He thinks women are stupid.

It sure seems like it. Just read that load up there! The woman would be ambushed, the woman would end up dead, women don't have the nerve, blah, blah, blah. As if he knows anything about women to begin with. :D

He sees plenty of them on Craigslist.

If the woman had a gun, she would have had no further troubles from the dead ex. This group exemplifies the stupidity of the gun grabbers.

As long as the state determines it was self defense.....they have to cross fingers on that one.

I'd like to see the prosecutor bring that case before the grand jury: estranged husband violates restraining order, brings gun, breaks into house and threatens wife and children. Never happen. Except in Democrat controlled areas that hate women, like CA, NJ, and NY.

It seems like he is saying that women are too weak and stupid to use a firearm to defend themselves.
yahoo_rolling_eyes.png
All you need is one hand and a 2-5 pound trigger pull.

In the state of Massachusetts, it is left up to the judgment of the chiefs of police in the various towns/cities on who can have a hand gun permit. They seem to be able to be as discriminatory as they want to about it.

How often have you thought to yourself: "I should get a gun permit"? Especially now, before the laws become more stringent?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all applicants to complete an approved firearms safety course before submitting an application for an LTC (License to Carry). The LTC is more often referred to as a "gun permit." Massachusetts has several categories of firearm permits — an FID, a Class B LTC and a Class A LTC. Both the Class A and Class B licenses require a prerequisite course, in addition to a very detailed application, a thorough criminal background check and getting fingerprinted.

How long before the Commonwealth again increases the cost of applying for a permit to buy or carry a gun?

Just a few years ago the application fee was $25; today, the fee is $100. Given the current economy what do you expect the cost to be next year?

How much longer will you wait before applying for your permit?

LTC applications in Massachusetts are approved or rejected solely by your local Chief of Police. In some communities approval is relatively common while in others it's nearly impossible. Some police chiefs are lenient in granting approvals. One day, though, that more-lenient chief might be replaced by a new chief who might be far more restrictive. As citizens we can appeal a decision but we have absolutely no control over the outcome. And appealing can become a costly endeavor.

Firearm prices are going up and the variety of handguns, rifles and shotguns legal to purchase in Massachusetts is more limited here than in any other state. Today, for many reasons, the availability of ammunition is rapidly shrinking and the cost of what is available continues to rise. On any day the Attorney General can suddenly and arbitrarily remove another firearm from the infamous Approved Firearms Roster list and the Legislature may one day put a tax on ammunition to make it too expensive to buy.

If you want to buy a handgun in the future for any reason you must have either a Class A or a Class B License to Carry issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. But you can't submit your application until you've taken one of the approved prerequisite classes.

So, as you can see, I've been really giving it some thought.

Last edited:
It seems like he is saying that women are too weak and stupid to use a firearm to defend themselves.
yahoo_rolling_eyes.png

In the state of Massachusetts, it is left up to the judgment of the chiefs of police in the various towns/cities on who can have a hand gun permit. They seem to be able to be as discriminatory as they want to about it.

How often have you thought to yourself: "I should get a gun permit"? Especially now, before the laws become more stringent?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires all applicants to complete an approved firearms safety course before submitting an application for an LTC (License to Carry). The LTC is more often referred to as a "gun permit." Massachusetts has several categories of firearm permits — an FID, a Class B LTC and a Class A LTC. Both the Class A and Class B licenses require a prerequisite course, in addition to a very detailed application, a thorough criminal background check and getting fingerprinted.

How long before the Commonwealth again increases the cost of applying for a permit to buy or carry a gun?

Just a few years ago the application fee was $25; today, the fee is $100. Given the current economy what do you expect the cost to be next year?

LTC applications in Massachusetts are approved or rejected solely by your local Chief of Police. In some communities approval is relatively common while in others it's nearly impossible. Some police chiefs are lenient in granting approvals. One day, though, that more-lenient chief might be replaced by a new chief who might be far more restrictive. As citizens we can appeal a decision but we have absolutely no control over the outcome. And appealing can become a costly endeavor.

Firearm prices are going up and the variety of handguns, rifles and shotguns legal to purchase in Massachusetts is more limited here than in any other state. Today, for many reasons, the availability of ammunition is rapidly shrinking and the cost of what is available continues to rise. On any day the Attorney General can suddenly and arbitrarily remove another firearm from the infamous Approved Firearms Roster list and the Legislature may one day put a tax on ammunition to make it too expensive to buy.

If you want to buy a handgun in the future for any reason you must have either a Class A or a Class B License to Carry issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. But you can't submit your application until you've taken one of the approved prerequisite classes.

And why do you all put up with that?

Well you must know that Massachusetts is a state that is overrun with liberals. :D

So, using your logic (is that what this sort of thinking is called???) ALL cops should immediately be disarmed based on the fact that a high percentage are shot by their own weapons.

Is that what you're saying?

yahoo_rolling_eyes.png

That is exactly what he is saying.

I'm talking about soft, cuddly, feminine, innocent, beautiful females... not the Annie Oakley dykes you guys picture/fantasize about when cleaning/lubricating your gun barrels.

Last edited:
yahoo_rolling_eyes.png

I'm talking about soft, cuddly, feminine, innocent, beautiful females... not the Annie Oakley dykes you guys picture/fantasize about when cleaning/lubricating your gun barrels.

You think only dykes can shoot a gun? Women (even little ones like myself) are NOT helpless and are quite capable of aiming and pulling a trigger. We only need you guys around to kill spiders. :D

Well you must know that Massachusetts is a state that is overrun with liberals. :D

I do understand that. I just don't get how people let it get that way. I keep hoping liberals aren't this stupid but so far it keeps proving out that they are. I'm sorry you have to live in such a place.

I do understand that. I just don't get how people let it get that way. I keep hoping liberals aren't this stupid but so far it keeps proving out that they are. I'm sorry you have to live in such a place.

Well, we can't just round them all up like cattle, unfortunately. :lol:

Thanks though.

Typical of the left's war on women it seems that CNN doesn't think women have as much right to armed self defense than men to.

I just love how liberals are solidly convinced that women are weak, dumb, and helpless and can't take care of themselves or their families without the nanny state. Maybe liberal women are, but conservative women, now that's a completely different story. Think mamma bear.

Now that's sexy.

yahoo_rolling_eyes.png

And you think we're mysoginist. A conservative woman is all those things, plus a lot of independence and self worth. A woman that can be a lady any time and a board member of a corporation at the same time.

Not the type of woman that needs to primp, preen and cower at your idea of what a defenseless woman should look like. But one that does the primping as well as having the ability to put a hollow point in your sorry ass if you cross her.

Strong women frighten you. I think I understand why. Once they step outside of your vision for them they challenge your manhood. And win. We both like women who are primped and preened for the occasion but I also like one that can do that and still shove a gun up your ass if needed. You seem to be afraid of that part and need to make sure it's not a possibilty. What is it about women defending themselves that scares you?

And you think we're mysoginist. A conservative woman is all those things, plus a lot of independence and self worth. A woman that can be a lady any time and a board member of a corporation at the same time.

Not the type of woman that needs to primp, preen and cower at your idea of what a defenseless woman should look like. But one that does the primping as well as having the ability to put a hollow point in your sorry ass if you cross her.

Strong women frighten you. I think I understand why. Once they step outside of your vision for them they challenge your manhood. And win. We both like women who are primped and preened for the occasion but I also like one that can do that and still shove a gun up your ass if needed. You seem to be afraid of that part and need to make sure it's not a possibilty. What is it about women defending themselves that scares you?

Can you blame him? He doesn't want to get beat up! :lol:

Your "would be" "what if" scenarios are nothing but silly hyperbole. What makes you think that women are less capable of using a firearm than men anyways?

It sure seems like it. Just read that load up there! The woman would be ambushed, the woman would end up dead, women don't have the nerve, blah, blah, blah. As if he knows anything about women to begin with. :D

:lol::lol::lol: So very true! I met my wife at a fencing club. She's hell on wheels with a knife, sword, or gun!:D

This "violent domestic scenario" is exactly why a person should own a gun. I've seen the video. If the woman had a gun, the guy would be dead before he got past the door's threshold. He was a clear and present danger and it would've been a clear case of self-defense if the woman fragged him.

But Liberals would rather this woman be murdered and the kid abducted then have the bad guy dead.

The ad is a MAJOR FAIL!!

If the women had a gun the perp would probably wait and ambush her somewhere along the way.

If the women had a gun there would probably be a shoot-out in which the women and the kid would end up dead.

If the women had a gun she'd have to keep it nearby, ready in a moments notice and that's a big risk (accidental shooting) to put her kid in harms way like that.

If the women had a gun she'd have to have the nerve... most women wouldn't.

In my opinion those are the facts Jack. Consider them all.

Yours is always a perfect scenario, (women shoots, kills perp, end of story). In the real world all of the above actually come into play.

You really are a dumb ass, a woman protecting her child will react, she won't even think about blowing a bad guy away. You really need to grow up.

:lol::lol::lol: So very true! I met my wife at a fencing club. She's hell on wheels with a knife, sword, or gun!:D

That's really cool. I can't really do those things, but I could certainly learn and just because I'm a small female doesn't mean that I'm handicapped or something, as Mr. Rocks would have everyone believe. :D

Someday the NRA will be toppled.

Domestic violence: The next front in gun-control fight - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- The scene is intense: A man is ferociously knocking on a door while a woman inside the house calls 911, saying that her ex is trying to break in. A child sits on the couch.

The man bursts in and grabs the child, and the woman yells not to take the toddler. The man pulls out a gun. A shot rings out, and the screen goes black. A child cries out.

The violent domestic scenario is only a television ad from a gun control group, but it attempts to portray what some women face. It also depicts the next front in the gun control debate.

awwwww ! isn't that terrible ?

see my tag line please. :up:

Forum List

Back