Wondering what Trump's post-COVID strategy might be

In one of his videos from the hospital, Trump talked about how the virus has been a very educational experience for him, and he said "I get it".

So, with the clock ticking on the election, does anyone have any guesses as to how he'll approach the issue once he's feeling better?

It's difficult to imagine that he'll take this crisis more seriously, as that might damage his standing with his "Chinese Flu" supporters.

Does he really "get it" now? And if so, what does that mean for the next month? Would the few remaining undecided voters really believe he "gets it"?

No one should believe he "gets it". He says that about everything he knows nothing about and has royally f'd up. Nope, assuming if he survives, he'll thump his chest and pull his badass routine. Nothing changes with Rump - EVER.
If he survives......hahahahahahahahaha. He is still in better condition than Biden.

In one of his videos from the hospital, Trump talked about how the virus has been a very educational experience for him, and he said "I get it".

So, with the clock ticking on the election, does anyone have any guesses as to how he'll approach the issue once he's feeling better?

It's difficult to imagine that he'll take this crisis more seriously, as that might damage his standing with his "Chinese Flu" supporters.

Does he really "get it" now? And if so, what does that mean for the next month? Would the few remaining undecided voters really believe he "gets it"?

No one should believe he "gets it". He says that about everything he knows nothing about and has royally f'd up. Nope, assuming if he survives, he'll thump his chest and pull his badass routine. Nothing changes with Rump - EVER.
That's my guess. It was just interesting to see him go out of his way to say, "I get it", as if we'll see something different.

Hard to imagine, though.

Guy's taken from WH before he needs a wheelchair or stretcher and flown to Walter Reed where he's placed in the President's Permanent hospital room to be given oxygen, steroids, anti-malarial and experimental anti-body treatment …. and it's a common cold.

Hint: WEAR A FUCKING MASK AND STAND SIX FEET PLUS APART
Riiiigght.....since nobody who wears a mask EVER gets Covid...
IT'S A MYTH THAT MASKS AND SOCILA DISTANCING REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID. A MYTH. DEMOCRAT MYTY. BIDEN WEAK. TRUMP MAGA STRONG. AND IT'S JUST A COLD. ONLY THE WEAK ARE REALLY MADE SICK. PRESIDENT TRUMP WAS ONLY TAKING MAGA PROTECTIONS TO PROTECT US ALL IN CASE HE WAS AN ANNOMALY
It's a virus, it catches you......until a vaccine comes along you can try to hide from it but it still might get to you....but a good chance you won't even know if it does.
IT'S TRUE. THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST A VIRUS. THERE'S NO SENSE IN PERSONAL HYGIENE OR AVOIDING CLOSE CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INFECTED, OR EVEN THOUSE WHO HAVE COUGHS OR FEVERS. IT'S PURLY GOD'S WILL AND THE RANDOM DICE ROLLS THAT DETERMINE YUR CHANCE OF DYING FROM THIS VIRUS, OR ANYOTHER VIRUS, LIKE THE FLU OR AIDS

Yeah, he could provide a great example for all those who must go to work by sitting in his basement in a hazemat suit despite being 74 years old and kicking the virus in a few days.

Lefties are the biggest morons on the planet. This virus will magically become much less of a big deal after Nov. 3rd. You haven’t figured that out yet? BTW, we all know it spreads easily, what we question is just how deadly or not it really is.

200,000 deaths in less than 9 months....and you're questioning how deadly it is? No, sir. YOU are the biggest moron on the planet.

You're a fucking liar. The vast majority (87%) of Covid-"related" deaths are largely attributable to other causes. As well, it's not Trump's fault that dumbfucks like you forced Covid patients into fucking leukemia wards, etc. Yea, you're a moron AND a fucking LIAR.
Fuck off.

200,000 deaths in 9 months means nothing to you because it makes your blob look bad. Nothing else.

Really when you think about it - In the US it's been 6 or 7 months is all.

Guy's taken from WH before he needs a wheelchair or stretcher and flown to Walter Reed where he's placed in the President's Permanent hospital room to be given oxygen, steroids, anti-malarial and experimental anti-body treatment …. and it's a common cold.

Hint: WEAR A FUCKING MASK AND STAND SIX FEET PLUS APART
Riiiigght.....since nobody who wears a mask EVER gets Covid...
IT'S A MYTH THAT MASKS AND SOCILA DISTANCING REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID. A MYTH. DEMOCRAT MYTY. BIDEN WEAK. TRUMP MAGA STRONG. AND IT'S JUST A COLD. ONLY THE WEAK ARE REALLY MADE SICK. PRESIDENT TRUMP WAS ONLY TAKING MAGA PROTECTIONS TO PROTECT US ALL IN CASE HE WAS AN ANNOMALY
It's a virus, it catches you......until a vaccine comes along you can try to hide from it but it still might get to you....but a good chance you won't even know if it does.
IT'S TRUE. THERE'S NO DEFENSE AGAINST A VIRUS. THERE'S NO SENSE IN PERSONAL HYGIENE OR AVOIDING CLOSE CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO MIGHT BE INFECTED, OR EVEN THOUSE WHO HAVE COUGHS OR FEVERS. IT'S PURLY GOD'S WILL AND THE RANDOM DICE ROLLS THAT DETERMINE YUR CHANCE OF DYING FROM THIS VIRUS, OR ANYOTHER VIRUS, LIKE THE FLU OR AIDS
Again, we all wash our hands, dont cough on each other, and social distance.....all the time.....but it doesnt mean you wont get infected anyway

Yeah, he could provide a great example for all those who must go to work by sitting in his basement in a hazemat suit despite being 74 years old and kicking the virus in a few days.

Lefties are the biggest morons on the planet. This virus will magically become much less of a big deal after Nov. 3rd. You haven’t figured that out yet? BTW, we all know it spreads easily, what we question is just how deadly or not it really is.

200,000 deaths in less than 9 months....and you're questioning how deadly it is? No, sir. YOU are the biggest moron on the planet.

You're a fucking liar. The vast majority (87%) of Covid-"related" deaths are largely attributable to other causes. As well, it's not Trump's fault that dumbfucks like you forced Covid patients into fucking leukemia wards, etc. Yea, you're a moron AND a fucking LIAR.

They say even more than 210,000 people died from covid. Its probably around 300,000.
Didn’t the CDC confirm deaths purely by Covid are less than 10% of that number? They’re the experts right? They know shit.
“Deaths purely by COVID” is not something the CDC would say is a relevant statistic and drastically distorts reality.
So, you calling me a liar?
I think you may be misrepresenting what the CDC has said and why.
What does this say?
CDC Says Only 6% Of COVID Deaths Cited COVID Alone. Here’s What That Means. | The Daily Wire

That doesn't mean a damn thing. Many people live decades with their underlying conditions such as diabetes. If COVID is the straw that broke the camel's back, then COVID is the cause of death.

Again, we all wash our hands, dont cough on each other, and social distance.....all the time.....but it doesnt mean you wont get infected anyway
Man, if we all actually did wash our hands, wear masks, social distance, all the time, we'd be in so much better shape.

That's my guess. It was just interesting to see him go out of his way to say, "I get it", as if we'll see something different.

Hard to imagine, though.
I don't think it's so much whether "he gets it" or not. There are just people's personal accounts of his odd views on germs and illness. And then there was just how much of the 80s and random sex he partook of. I mean he outed himself with birtherism front page ads on the Central Park 5. But there's no way to really know Trump's true views on things like viruses and personal contacts … who knows.

It's clear from his own actions (or inactions) and the Woodward interviews that he sought to downplay the potential seriousness of covid. It may be that he chose his path, and his only path to reelection is sticking to the path even though is should be obvious to any rational person that its a path into a forest fire. Unless we suddenly start social distancing now, we will probably be seeing 3K deaths a day by the depth of winter if not sooner. Trump may just be kicking the proverbial can down the road.

Man, if we all actually did wash our hands, wear masks, social distance, all the time, we'd be in so much better shape.
No, the "shape" you are in has more to do with a healthy immune system than wearing a mask.

It was reported in several non-right wing outlets. Does that mean anything to you?
It would mean a lot more if you provided one.
It shouldn’t. If you weren’t a left winger, you’d know what I posted was directly from the CDC. Do you think the CDC is right wing?

Do you only accept information provided by left wing sources? If so, how can you claim to be “very informed?”

Hard to imagine, though.

Standard M.O. for the Rump Dumpster. Remember when he visited the CDC and claimed that the doctors and scientists "couldn't believe how much I knew about COVIDS"? Donnie fancies himself an expert on just about everything.

Hard to imagine, though.
I don't think it's so much whether "he gets it" or not. There are just people's personal accounts of his odd views on germs and illness. And then there was just how much of the 80s and random sex he partook of. I mean he outed himself with birtherism front page ads on the Central Park 5. But there's no way to really know Trump's true views on things like viruses and personal contacts … who knows.

It's clear from his own actions (or inactions) and the Woodward interviews that he sought to downplay the potential seriousness of covid. It may be that he chose his path, and his only path to reelection is sticking to the path even though is should be obvious to any rational person that its a path into a forest fire. Unless we suddenly start social distancing now, we will probably be seeing 3K deaths a day by the depth of winter if not sooner. Trump may just be kicking the proverbial can down the road.
I'm guessing he was tossing a bone to the undecideds, but this is not a mind that we can make guesses about.

Hard to imagine, though.

Uh oh another "expert" forecast on deaths we must adhere to.....since none have come to pass yet except in NY and NJ.

They say even more than 210,000 people died from covid. Its probably around 300,000.
Didn’t the CDC confirm deaths purely by Covid are less than 10% of that number? They’re the experts right? They know shit.
“Deaths purely by COVID” is not something the CDC would say is a relevant statistic and drastically distorts reality.
So, you calling me a liar?
I think you may be misrepresenting what the CDC has said and why.
What does this say?
CDC Says Only 6% Of COVID Deaths Cited COVID Alone. Here’s What That Means. | The Daily Wire

That doesn't mean a damn thing. Many people live decades with their underlying conditions such as diabetes. If COVID is the straw that broke the camel's back, then COVID is the cause of death.
It means what it says it means. The uninformed poster contested my statement. I merely proved him wrong.

It was reported in several non-right wing outlets. Does that mean anything to you?
It shouldn’t. If you weren’t a left winger, you’d know what I posted was directly from the CDC. Do you think the CDC is right wing?

Do you only accept information provided by left wing sources? If so, how can you claim to be “very informed?”
Don’t bring up reports if you aren’t willing to provide them.

I know what the CDC has been reporting and I know how it’s being distorted in the right wing media which you’ve proven that you’ve fallen victim to.

So explain to me the significance that 6% of the deaths from COVID do not list comorbidities. Let’s see how well informed you actually are or if you’re just another puppet.

I know what the CDC has been reporting and I know how it’s being distorted in the right wing media which you’ve proven that you’ve fallen victim to.

So explain to me the significance that 6% of the deaths from COVID do not list comorbidities. Let’s see how well informed you actually are or if you’re just another puppet.
I did provide the reports.

My son it goes both ways. The media you consume claims 200,000 died of Coivd. This is a blatant lie. Do you not see the fallacy in this? The right may be disingenuous about the 6% number, but the left is even worse.

No? Yes?

My son it goes both ways. The media you consume claims 200,000 died of Coivd. This is a blatant lie. Do you not see the fallacy in this? The right may be disengenuios about the 6% number, but the left is even worse.

No? Yes?
Still waiting for you to explain in your own words the significance of this 6% number, guess I’ll keep waiting.

Where did you determine that 200,000 deaths is a blatant lie? It’s not 100% accurate, and when talking about 200,000 data points nothing every will be, but it’s not far off. People quibble about a few instances of people being hit by a bus and classified as a COVID death, which clearly is an incorrect classification, but represent a tiny fraction of the data.

So if the right claims there’s only 12,000 deaths from COVID and the left claims 200,000, it’s pretty easy for me to identify who is more disingenuous.

My son it goes both ways. The media you consume claims 200,000 died of Coivd. This is a blatant lie. Do you not see the fallacy in this? The right may be disengenuios about the 6% number, but the left is even worse.

No? Yes?
Still waiting for you to explain in your own words the significance of this 6% number, guess I’ll keep waiting.

Where did you determine that 200,000 deaths is a blatant lie? It’s not 100% accurate, and when talking about 200,000 data points nothing every will be, but it’s not far off. People quibble about a few instances of people being hit by a bus and classified as a COVID death, which clearly is an incorrect classification, but represent a tiny fraction of the data.

So if the right claims there’s only 12,000 deaths from COVID and the left claims 200,000, it’s pretty easy for me to identify who is more disingenuous.
Do we know how much or how little of the data is misrepresented?

It sounds like you think “I get it” meant “I’ll personally lead everyone around by the nose and decide what freedom and liberty our citizens are entitled to with regard to the Kung Flu.”

Am I right?

n

It sounds like you think “I get it” meant “I’ll personally lead everyone around by the nose and decide what freedom and liberty our citizens are entitled to with regard to the Kung Flu.”

Am I right?
No.

Forum List

Back