Workers in UK could get right to request four-day compressed week

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

My friend used to do this in his job. Traffic was so bad in his city that he started doing an extra hour every night and finishing at lunch on Friday.
Then he worked out if he started an hour early every day he could have Friday off.
He worked in property development so he could be flexible.

Of course it wouldnt work in many places but that doesnt mean everybody should miss out.

Employers would welcome this because their staff would become more motivated at no extra cost.Staff retention - up, staff recruitment - up. There is no downside.

My friend used to do this in his job. Traffic was so bad in his city that he started doing an extra hour every night and finishing at lunch on Friday.
Then he worked out if he started an hour early every day he could have Friday off.
He worked in property development so he could be flexible.

Of course it wouldnt work in many places but that doesnt mean everybody should miss out.

Employers would welcome this because their staff would become more motivated at no extra cost.Staff retention - up, staff recruitment - up. There is no downside.

I agree with this notion. It has to be viable for the workplace needs though, which smart businesses would embrace anyways.

Keep workers happier and help the economy with an additional day to go shopping.

Forum List

Back