Worst Car

There's several nominations in my worst car category:

• 1971 Ford Galaxy 500
This thing was painted shit beige IIRC. And the frame was so FUBARed out of square it would dog track so bad that it would scare people in the oncoming lanes because it looked like you were going to hit them in a head-on collision.

The paint was obviously never waxed, so it was so oxidized grimy greasy and dirty that you wouldn't dare wash it. because there might be nothing left when you get done.

It's only saving grace was that I found some treasure in it. There was a case of 8-track tapes stuffed under the seat. Bad Company Straight Shooter, Frampton Comes Alive, Humble Pie, Aerosmith's Toys In The Attic, AC/DC Highway To Hell. And the 8-track player worked. There was also a pack of Zig Zags in there too.
Just those tapes were worth more than the car.

Last edited:
Frammie.

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon.

She got nicknamed "Frammie" because I was the head mechanic for an ARCA stock car racing team. The guy from FRAM gave me a bunch of FRAM stickers, like this image below.

fram-decal.jpg

We covered the entire car with them.

The air conditioner failed. To replace it you would have to practically disassemble the entire vehicle. It met a cruel end in a sledgehammer festival for an elementary school softball team.

A 74 Mustang hatch back.
It'd chirp in second if the tires were bald.
I found to my consternation that the thermostat was behind the fucken water pump.
That thing was the biggest piece of shit I ever encountered.
View attachment 494425
I had that car. A crappy ford pinto wearing mustang clothing. What a piece of shit.
0 to 60 eventually..

A 74 Mustang hatch back.
I found to my consternation that the thermostat was behind the fucken water pump.
View attachment 494425
I had that car. A crappy ford pinto wearing mustang clothing. What a piece of shit.
0 to 60 eventually..

The best thing I can say about that car was the "No Fat Chicks" sticker on the bumper.

A 74 Mustang hatch back.
View attachment 494425
0 to 60 eventually..

The best thing I can say about that car was the "No Fat Chicks" sticker on the bumper.
Well, they would kill the suspension.
The sticker was for safety.

What was the worst car that you ever had?
Mine was a 1977 Chevy Vega.
I replaced the engine and 2 clutches.
The plastic inside was all sun rotted.
The door handle broke off in my hand....
That car was so cheap that the passenger seat was not adjustable.

View attachment 494421
77 Malibu, bought new with that 305 engine with soft cams and valves, total pos. I got no help the the manufacturer and it made me by Japanese for 20 years.

My folks bought me a car for my 17th birthday, it was a VW super beetle with the retarded electric clutch. It handled like a furniture dolly on wet roads. Exhaust fumes built up if I rolled the windows up and I never solved the constant vapor lock problem. I seriously considered torching the damned thing. I hated that car and it hated me.
We had a vw beetle when I was really little. That was possibly the dumbest car for a family of 4 ever invented but my Dad thought it would be worth it for the money we would save in gas. That car was gone in a year.

My folks bought me a car for my 17th birthday, it was a VW super beetle with the retarded electric clutch. that car and it hated me.
This is the first time I have ever heard of an electric clutch, let alone a retarded one.

I don't think it is even possible for any car to suck as bad as that.

I think you had the suckiest car ever invented.

A 74 Mustang hatch back.
View attachment 494425
That was a Pinto with a sheet metal makeover.

Sorry! I've not had a bad car yet. To me, cars are sort of like sex...the worst I ever had was good.

Vehicles and ratings:
1958 Volkswagen Beetle A+
1964 Pontiac GTO A++
1964 Volkswagen Beetle B+ (used)
1969 Ford LTD 429 cid Country Squire A-
1978 Ford F-250 400 cid 4WD A+
1982 Cougar LS A-
1987 Honda Accord (used) C+
2003 Dodge Ram A+
2007 Honda CR-V (used) A+

I suppose the worst of the lot was the '87 Honda...but it was a good car.

What was the worst car that you ever had?
Mine was a 1977 Chevy Vega.
I replaced the engine and 2 clutches.
The plastic inside was all sun rotted.
The door handle broke off in my hand....
That car was so cheap that the passenger seat was not adjustable.

View attachment 494421
Terrible engine design.

The water pump served as the timing belt tensioner....When the bearing in the water pump went bad, you lost everything.

No shit Sherlock, but the video was mocking a real scenario. Rear mounted gas tanks led to fires.

Yes but THOSE videos were faked as well, Sherlock. They put bombs in the gas tank.

Last edited:
I bought a 1994 Ford Explorer so I could tow my boat. Biggest POS I have ever owned, In the few years I owned it I had to replace the motor, transmission and ever 6 months the brakes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back