Worst Car

1974 Ford Thunderbird. Bought the piece of crap practically new, with only 4500 miles. By the time that it had reached 65000 miles, the transmission had to be replaced, the sunroof leaked, the vinyl top started to crack and fade, the drivers side power seat worked sporadically, the trunk was not properly sealed, so when it rained, water got in the trunk. Just to name a few of its problems. Finally sold the POS before it was even 5 years old, and never bought another Ford again.
images.jpeg

Allie snackbar!

A friend of mine was gifted a Ford Pinto. The rear end was sitting really low and it reeked. One of my friends speculated that there might be some dead bodies in the trunk. :lol:

There was no dead bodies in there, the car was just so rusty that the leaf springs busted through the trunk.

Last edited:
No shit Sherlock, but the video was mocking a real scenario. Rear mounted gas tanks led to fires.

Yes but THOSE videos were faked as well, Sherlock. They put bombs in the gas tank.

You dumbass, if course it was a fake.
You ever hear of a fucking joke? Lighten up tightass.
Regardless, the fuel tank was a problem and the reason for that comedy MOVIE footage ...
Jeeps had the same issue for a while because of the position of tank on rear end impact.

No shit Sherlock, but the video was mocking a real scenario. Rear mounted gas tanks led to fires.

Yes but THOSE videos were faked as well, Sherlock. They put bombs in the gas tank.

You dumbass, if course it was a fake.
You ever hear of a fucking joke? Lighten up tightass.
Regardless, the fuel tank was a problem and the reason for that comedy MOVIE footage ...
Jeeps had the same issue for a while because of the position of tank on rear end impact.
Hey kids,

Don't get drunk while smoking dope and you won't ram cars in the rear end at a stoplight and have them explode in your face and catch you on fire.

What was the worst car that you ever had?
Mine was a 1977 Chevy Vega.
I replaced the engine and 2 clutches.
The plastic inside was all sun rotted.
The door handle broke off in my hand....
That car was so cheap that the passenger seat was not adjustable.

View attachment 494421

1990 Geo Prizm Hatchback. An enclosed golf cart. put put put put......
th

I wholeheartedly disagree with this one. My sister received a 1991 geo prism as a graduation gift. That car NEVER gave one lick of trouble. It was a Toyota corolla. It died ONLY when her husband took it through high water and cracked the engine block. And it was fun to drive, plenty of zip.

View attachment 494421

th

I wholeheartedly disagree with this one. My sister received a 1991 geo prism as a graduation gift. That car NEVER gave one lick of trouble. It was a Toyota corolla. It died ONLY when her husband took it through high water and cracked the engine block. And it was fun to drive, plenty of zip.

I got it in 2002, so it was long in the tooth by then. My cars in order:

1971 Skylark (in 1995)
1977 Camaro
1988 Blazer
1990 Prizm
1997 Malibu
2007 Sentra (my first new car)
2019 Altima

View attachment 494421

th

1971 Skylark (in 1995)
1977 Camaro
1988 Blazer
1990 Prizm
1997 Malibu
2019 Altima

The Malibu was the first year it came back and it was a POS. Nissan hasn't made a quality automobile since the late 90's.

1974 Ford Thunderbird. Bought the piece of crap practically new, with only 4500 miles. By the time that it had reached 65000 miles, the transmission had to be replaced, the sunroof leaked, the vinyl top started to crack and fade, the drivers side power seat worked sporadically, the trunk was not properly sealed, so when it rained, water got in the trunk. Just to name a few of its problems. Finally sold the POS before it was even 5 years old, and never bought another Ford again.
View attachment 494567
That's funny...I had a 77 Cougar XR7... that T- Birds younger kissing cousin...one of the best cars I ever owned.

Worst...1981 Ford Fairmont 4dr.

First and last four cylinder I owned.

Called it the Gutless Wonder.

Identical to this one...

Screenshot_2021-05-29-20-55-09(1).png

View attachment 494567
That's funny...I had a 77 Cougar XR7... that T- Birds younger kissing cousin...one of the best cars I ever owned.
I've never heard anything bad about the Mercury line. I had an uncle that swore by them.

Thunderbird really went downhill when it departed from its earlier sporty image in an attempt to become a mid sized luxury car that was actually seen as a step down Lincoln.

The best thing that they did was to put it out of its misery and preserve the memory of the classic T-Birds.

The first brand new car I ever bought was a 1985 Chrysler Laser. What an absolute piece of shit. It was supposed to compete with the Camaro but, trust me, the Camaro had nothing to worry about.

This is the turbo version. I had the standard:

kebEeFzR4DJSOwkSKZ9ox8uyF4L5kLue0KiKrNBDddTtpUK4WG_uJx13pnC_G4Egzt9utbLm7lcBZWBGczuavFVhXDDTpQjVh6ghHQLZpZeB52l7aA

View attachment 494421
All American cars in the 1970's were junk. That's why Honda, Toyota, and other foreign cars are so prevalent today.

View attachment 494421

th

1971 Skylark (in 1995)
1977 Camaro
1988 Blazer
1990 Prizm
1997 Malibu
2019 Altima

The Malibu was the first year it came back and it was a POS. Nissan hasn't made a quality automobile since the late 90's.

I got 12 solid years of hard use out of my Sentra. The mechanical stuff didn't die, it was the connections between the frame and body that rotted out because I park on a main street that gets salted heavily in the winter.

Forum List

Back