Would/do you trust pro-abortion people around your children?

Thread title

• Yes, absolutely - and I'll explain why in my post

• Yes, probably

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's not a simple yes/no question becauase there are other factors, besides view on abortion that would make me decide whether I would want them around children. I could care less if they were pro choice or pro life - that really doesn't enter in to any decision.
I just saw your comment here. What does enter your decision making process? How do you define those two terms btw?

Stop packaging pro-life ideology in pro-death verbage. I've yet to meet a pro-life person who wasn't a staunch supporter, of time and money, of programs that support mothers and children. I don't feel like we have to *justify* our pro-life belief by dancing to their tune.
That's not pro-death. You haven't met a pro-life person who wasn't a staunch supporter of those kinds of programs because we are supportive of them by definition. You can certainly be anti-abortion and oppose sex ed in schools or providing healthcare to the needy but you can't really be pro-life. That's the difference.
Bullshit. See the definition of pro-life. You're just making up your own nonsense.
A pro-life person is supportive of policies that promote life and opposed to policies that casually destroy it. True or false?

Which is what I'm saying. Anti-abortion is anti-abortion. Pro-life is pro-life. They aren't synonymous terms.

No, what you said was this:

Capture1.png

What I am saying is this:

Capture2.png

It's not a simple yes/no question becauase there are other factors, besides view on abortion that would make me decide whether I would want them around children. I could care less if they were pro choice or pro life - that really doesn't enter in to any decision.
I just saw your comment here. What does enter your decision making process? How do you define those two terms btw?

What would affect my decision on who to allow around my children would be issues of character. I would not want someone who is physically or psychologically violent or abusive or demeaning to them or to others around them.

Pro-Life: those who believe the fetus' rights outweigh the mother's rights in all but the most extreme circumstances (mother is in danger of death)
Pro-Choice: those that believe that the mother has the right to choose whether or not to carry the pregnancy to term.

Stop packaging pro-life ideology in pro-death verbage. I've yet to meet a pro-life person who wasn't a staunch supporter, of time and money, of programs that support mothers and children. I don't feel like we have to *justify* our pro-life belief by dancing to their tune.
That's not pro-death. You haven't met a pro-life person who wasn't a staunch supporter of those kinds of programs because we are supportive of them by definition. You can certainly be anti-abortion and oppose sex ed in schools or providing healthcare to the needy but you can't really be pro-life. That's the difference.
Bullshit. See the definition of pro-life. You're just making up your own nonsense.
A pro-life person is supportive of policies that promote life and opposed to policies that casually destroy it. True or false?
See the definition I posted. That's the definition of "pro-life". Your alternate definition is the definition the left has forced upon us.

What would affect my decision on who to allow around my children would be issues of character. I would not want someone who is physically or psychologically violent or abusive or demeaning to them or to others around them.
I see.
Pro-Life: those who believe the fetus' rights outweigh the mother's rights in all but the most extreme circumstances (mother is in danger of death)
Pro-Choice: those that believe that the mother has the right to choose whether or not to carry the pregnancy to term.
It's a tangent, but where do you stand on parenthood itself? Is it an inalienable right? A responsibility? A privilege for those capable? Tbh talking to the ex brought me from one extreme to the other on that regard.

See the definition I posted. That's the definition of "pro-life". Your alternate definition is the definition the left has forced upon us.
The "left" forced promoting life on us?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It's a tangent, but where do you stand on parenthood itself? Is it an inalienable right? A responsibility? A privilege for those capable? Tbh talking to the ex brought me from one extreme to the other on that regard.

That's a tough question to answer, especially when you have parents that abuse and neglect their children - should they be allowed to have more children? I would like to say no but I can't. It is an inalienable right - a core biological directive. Once you decide who is allowed to have that right, you begin dividing people into groups based on prevailing atitudes of the time in order to deny them that right. Who has the right to make that determination?

It IS a responsibility.

It was actually about how comfortable you personally would feel allowing someone who sees babies/children as fair game to be around your babies/children.

You do realize that "Christian" and "pro-life" are two different things, right? One doesn't imply the other because they're separate ideologies. "Pro-life" and "anti-abortion" are also separate, though much more closely related. The latter falls under the umbrella of the former, but the former is much larger than just the latter.

The reason I put Christian and Pro-Life together is because of the big movement where many of the churches took on the anti-abortion views.
I have friends who still feel that they are not a Christian unless if they vote a certain way.
The younger generation is moving away from that a little at a time.
I am also making a point to say: Many of the people that you meet wears a face mask ( it is human) , and shows you what they want you to see.
Someone could have the front as the most beautiful loving person , yet inside they are cruel and hurt people or animals, so we really can not judge someone buy just saying they are pro-choice, pro-life. Unless if they showed you the ugly under the mask like your girlfriend did.

That's a tough question to answer, especially when you have parents that abuse and neglect their children - should they be allowed to have more children? I would like to say no but I can't. It is an inalienable right - a core biological directive. Once you decide who is allowed to have that right, you begin dividing people into groups based on prevailing atitudes of the time in order to deny them that right. Who has the right to make that determination?

It IS a responsibility.
That's pretty much how I saw it before meeting her. Why does the fact that it's a biological directive entitle abusive parents to continue having children? I'm actually curious here. Humans have many innate desires that aren't always condoned by society.

I just got out of a pretty fucked up relationship that left me wondering that. Would you actually knowingly let someone like that be around your kids? If so, then under what circumstances? As long as you were present? Or someone you trusted? Is it totally unconditional?

That's a very ridiculous question.

Of course I would allow my child around pro choice people. In fact I don't know anyone who isn't pro choice so as far as I know my child has never been exposed to an anti choice crazy person like you.

Pro choice people aren't the ones running around with high power weapons murdering people. That would be people like you. They bomb clinics, they murder people, they harass and abuse people who work there or go there for health care. They break the law.

The people I want to keep away from my child are those anti choice people who lie and murder people.

That would be people like you.
Firearms are harmless... now go hide dumba$$

It should be none of the governments business on abortion, they do not have the credibility, the morality or the ethics to be telling anyone to do anything in anyway.
It should not matter to the federal government if someone want to abortion for any reason and at any time.

It's a states issue

It should be none of the governments business on abortion, they do not have the credibility, the morality or the ethics to be telling anyone to do anything in anyway.
It should not matter to the federal government if someone want to abortion for any reason and at any time.

It's a states issue
Okay. Now that we have your opinion on whether the government should regulate it out of the way would you like to answer the question in the thread title?

It's a states issue

It really should not be the state's business, either. State government seeking broad powers over individuals' lives is just as much big government as when the federal government does it. State governments are inherently equally incapable of determining morality over the people.

And to clarify, this should not be taken to deny reasonable regulation of abortion.

It's a states issue

It really should not be the state's business, either. State government seeking broad powers over individuals' lives is just as much big government as when the federal government does it. State governments are inherently equally incapable of determining morality over the people.

And to clarify, this should not be taken to deny reasonable regulation of abortion.
I'm still waiting on you to contribute as well. What is your answer to the question in the thread title?

Depends on what you mean by trust.

I trust them that they won't harm my children physically.
If they tell them it's okay to kill a human life before they are born, no.

I guess there is always that risk, but, you can't keep your kids away from people that are pro-choice.

Depends on what you mean by trust.

I trust them that they won't harm my children physically.
If they tell them it's okay to kill a human life before they are born, no.
Thank you for your viewpoint.

I guess there is always that risk, but, you can't keep your kids away from people that are pro-choice.
You at least can until they see them as full human beings and recognize their moral right not to be hurt or killed at a whim. That's what I intend to do. The only hard part would be explaining to all of my pro-abortion family that, yes, I really do see them as serious threats and they will not be allowed around any kids I have unsupervised.

Knowing somebody that is pro abortion is like knowing somebody whose job was manning the furnaces at a Nazi extermination camp.

Forum List

Back