Would You Have Been Delighted? Would Any Child? A Poll...

Describe feelings as an 8 year old how you would have felt with 2 dads or 2 moms?

• Delighted: all children should be so lucky!

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Ambivalent: children should just adapt.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Upset: children notice when something is just plain wrong.

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Shocked: children would suffer mentally in that situation.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I was adopted. Until my early teens I didn't udnerstand what that meant. My Mom was always up front with me about it, but relative to 'normal' families it never occured to me it was anything unusual. I don't think at 8, kids are going to have any appreciation of a homosexual parenting situation. But they will notice and respond to other people's feelings in that even children notice things when they're out of the ordinary routine. If people get hushed and quiet talking about ttheir two fathers/mothers, they'll notice that. But in their heads it wont likely be that they have any prejudicial feelings about gay parents and parenting.

When I was 8 we had seen puppies born and kittens. Also rabbits and other animals. We went to the zoo, farms and we saw where babies came from: males and females mating.

You ain't gonna fool any kid that two dudes are "mom and dad" or two chicks are "mom and dad" at age 8. And if you think you are, you either cannot access your own memories of what you were thinking and observing at 8 [in which case I suggest regressive therapy] or you're daft.

Kids minds are incredibly sharp and questioning. Much moreso than any adult you'll meet who generally by age 25 is essentially shut down and on their way to senility already. There are those rare adults who have never stopped individual thought and questioning but overwhelmingly, children are the keen observers, learners and questioners...

You're only going to mind fuck them with "gay parents". That's a fact.

That's why I started this thread: to force people back into their mind when they were 8 and all the things they were watching, seeing and learning from. From THAT perspective, vote in the poll... What child hasn't seen or learned of kittens or puppies being born and where they came from? A "mommy and daddy" cat! Not from "two daddy" or "two mommy" cats!

"mind fuck them"? really? So being raised by your grandma is a mind fuck since she wasn't involved in the actual mating process either. So is a single mother raising an infant who's father died at war. Those children are surely going to be "mind fucked" when they find out...

Pfft, that argument is absolutely ridiculous.

I was raised by my step-father. Whether he actually had sex with my mother and created me with his sperm, never once entered my mind, much less mattered to me. I knew that he loved me and I loved him, and 'that' was all that mattered. Yep, was a real mind fuck... *rolls eyes*

"mind fuck them"? really? So being raised by your grandma is a mind fuck since she wasn't involved in the actual mating process either. So is a single mother raising an infant who's father died at war. Those children are surely going to be "mind fucked" when they find out...

I was raised by my step-father. Whether he actually had sex with my mother and created me with his sperm, never once entered my mind, much less mattered to me. I knew that he loved me and I loved him, and 'that' was all that mattered. Yep, was a real mind fuck... *rolls eyes*

Nope, in all those instances, the natural process of male/female parenting is not negated. Grandmother is the womb from which "mother" or "father" sprung. "Single mother" is the womb which bore the natural child of "father" who died at war. All perfectly natural and normal events.

Two dudes playing "mother and father" or two women playing "mother and father" isn't natural and never could be. There is no natural "Lesbian grandfather" of a child. Nor is there a natural "lesbian father" of a child and likewise no natural "gay man grandmother" of a child nor ever a "gay guy mother" of a child.

They will know and learn who are natural parents and who aren't and could never be. The game of pretend mother/father by same gendered people is a mind fuck because it could never ever be in any conceivable universe.

Nope, in all those instances, the natural process of male/female parenting is not negated. Grandmother is the womb from which "mother" or "father" sprung. "Single mother" is the womb which bore the natural child of "father" who died at war. All perfectly natural and normal events.

Two dudes playing "mother and father" or two women playing "mother and father" isn't natural and never could be. There is no natural "Lesbian grandfather" of a child. Nor is there a natural "lesbian father" of a child and likewise no natural "gay man grandmother" of a child nor ever a "gay guy mother" of a child.

They will know and learn who are natural parents and who aren't and could never be. The game of pretend mother/father by same gendered people is a mind fuck because it could never ever be in any conceivable universe.

So you've been in or have evidence of homosexual or lesbian families and know that one of them plays mommy and one plays daddy then? I'd like to see your sources on that please. Every homosexual or lesbian couple I have met do not set anything like that up, though I will admit that none of them have kids. I will be researching this myself, but your source link would certainly assist.

I was adopted. Until my early teens I didn't udnerstand what that meant. My Mom was always up front with me about it, but relative to 'normal' families it never occured to me it was anything unusual. I don't think at 8, kids are going to have any appreciation of a homosexual parenting situation. But they will notice and respond to other people's feelings in that even children notice things when they're out of the ordinary routine. If people get hushed and quiet talking about ttheir two fathers/mothers, they'll notice that. But in their heads it wont likely be that they have any prejudicial feelings about gay parents and parenting.

When I was 8 we had seen puppies born and kittens. Also rabbits and other animals. We went to the zoo, farms and we saw where babies came from: males and females mating.

You ain't gonna fool any kid that two dudes are "mom and dad" or two chicks are "mom and dad" at age 8. And if you think you are, you either cannot access your own memories of what you were thinking and observing at 8 [in which case I suggest regressive therapy] or you're daft.

Kids minds are incredibly sharp and questioning. Much moreso than any adult you'll meet who generally by age 25 is essentially shut down and on their way to senility already. There are those rare adults who have never stopped individual thought and questioning but overwhelmingly, children are the keen observers, learners and questioners...

You're only going to mind fuck them with "gay parents". That's a fact.

That's why I started this thread: to force people back into their mind when they were 8 and all the things they were watching, seeing and learning from. From THAT perspective, vote in the poll... What child hasn't seen or learned of kittens or puppies being born and where they came from? A "mommy and daddy" cat! Not from "two daddy" or "two mommy" cats!

You know Cher and Sonny's daughter was unhappy with her female identity, so she got a sex change. She came from heterosexual parents.

So you've been in or have evidence of homosexual or lesbian families and know that one of them plays mommy and one plays daddy then? I'd like to see your sources on that please. Every homosexual or lesbian couple I have met do not set anything like that up, though I will admit that none of them have kids. I will be researching this myself, but your source link would certainly assist.

Yes! All of them! They call themselves "the child's parents". Ergo, they call themselves "mommy and daddy". When the child learns natural biology, this mind-fuck will become evident. Are you now insisting that in addition to changing the fundamental definition of "marriage", we now change the fundamental definition of "parents" as well?

Next easy question?

You know Cher and Sonny's daughter was unhappy with her female identity, so she got a sex change. She came from heterosexual parents.

Thank you. Without realizing it, you just exposed the underlying mental issues present in a "transsexual". "She was unhappy with her female identity". Not: "She knew she was a male".

Thank you for that moment of rare honesty from the LGBT fold.

I'm sure Chastity Bono felt like next to her radiant, bombasitcally-popular and stunning mother who was a great star, she could never let her "female" shine. Perhaps she even hated her mother [herself by extension]. But that doesn't mean doctors assisting her to amputate her breasts, pump testosterone into her body and sew on a fake penis was the proper medical procedure to help that poor woman with her hatred of her gender...

And if that situation would have been unthinkable for you then as it might be for you now; would you require that another child at that young point of awareness have to come to the realization that he has two dads or two moms?
Most children would just think their parents are different perhaps, but their minds aren't developed enough to fully comprehend that they are existing in a situation that is not very common.

Maybe by the age of 10-11 they would start to comprehend. But if they suffer violence, trauma, or some other event personally or see it inflicted by/upon their parents - then it would be understood obviously a lot sooner.

Of the studies done, at the very least heterosexual or homosexual couples have no differences in how children are brought up, for insistence a child that is heterosexual doesn't 'become gay' or suffer any more than one would in a household with heterosexual parents. So the main issue with same-sex couples caring for kids isn't supported by any actual evidence, and is more just speculation and hearsay.

It's really a simple question and a simple poll.

But first it requires that you enter a meditative state and go back in your memory to when you were a child in the early years of elementary school.. As a child coming into awareness of his or her world at say between the age of 6-8, would you have been delighted [or would you be delighted] to have come to the awareness that instead of a mom and dad, you had two dads or two moms instead?

And if that situation would have been unthinkable for you then as it might be for you now; would you require that another child at that young point of awareness have to come to the realization that he has two dads or two moms?

gaydaddys_zps908384a9.jpg

The child would know the difference the moment they figured out that males and females make babies together. Or when a child watched how male and female animals [all but homo sapiens] abided by that rule overwhelmingly. At that point, a child's mind would begin a downward spiral when told to shut up when asking why just humans upheld homosexuality as a norm when all other mammals do not? As a child kept asking, what else would his or her gay parents have as an option besides just telling them to shut up? Because the end point of that questioning would have to be denial of reality. Or at the very least an extremely uncomfortable conversation about the mental stability of a person who rejects the opposite gender but embraces parenting... As the child ages to the teen years, this questioning and probing of an obvious mental issue would reach new heights and would be predicted to have devastating consequences in the adolescent's mind. They typically struggle as it is to make sense of the world and glaring inconsistencies they notice within it.. This struggle sometimes leads them to hurt themselves or others.

You are such a retard. I wouldn't care if I had two mums or two dads. Who cares? All a child wants is to be loved.

Your poll is also impossible to answer. Which I don't think kids should adapt, they already adapt from the moment they are born. I also don't think everyone should be raised by a same sex family.

Yes! All of them! They call themselves "the child's parents". Ergo, they call themselves "mommy and daddy". When the child learns natural biology, this mind-fuck will become evident. Are you now insisting that in addition to changing the fundamental definition of "marriage", we now change the fundamental definition of "parents" as well?

Next easy question?

You seem to be having trouble to me.

It is a very weak argument to pick only a single definition for the word "parents"; even more so when another definition includes things like 'guardian' 'caretaker' 'one who nurtures' 'one who raises a child' etc.

Parent - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
a : one that begets or brings forth offspring
b : a person who brings up and cares for another
Parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A parent is a caretaker of the
offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is of a child (where "child" refers to offspring, not necessarily age). A biological parent consists of a person whose gamete resulted in a child, a male through his sperm, and a woman through her ovum. Parents are first-degree relatives and have 50% genetic overlap. A woman can also become a parent through surrogacy. However, some parents may not be biologically related to their children. An adoptive parent is one who nurtures and raises the offspring of the biological parents but is not actually biologically related to the child. Children without adoptive parents can be raised by their grandparents or other family members.
Parent | Define Parent at Dictionary.com

noun 1. a father or a mother.
2. an ancestor, precursor, or progenitor.
3. a source, origin, or cause.
4. a protector or guardian.

Your argument regarding changing the meaning of the term "parent" is thus invalid. To note, one has said they wanted to change the meaning of the term "biological parent" nor "natural parent" which would be the only two terms that fit the narrow definition used in that argument.

Secondly, do not assume to know what I think. I never mentioned a desire to change the meaning of the term "marriage" anywhere. If you'd like to know, I believe that the church invented the word so it is therefore the church's decision as to what it may be used to mean. That said, a new legal term should be created to describe the relationship of couples and used in place of the term "marriage." This way religious folks can have their word back, and will no longer have the power to dictate their religious definitions upon the rest of the free nation.

Anyway, lets give you the next question:

Are you also against the heterosexual adoption and the concept of step-parents as well then? The adoptees/step-parent would not be the biological mother/father of the child either.

And what about a lesbian mother or a homosexual father who are indeed the child's biological mother/father and their same-sex partner is playing a step-parent role? That does satisfy your "natural" aka "biological" parent criteria.

Again, your assumption of how homosexual or lesbian couples refer to themselves in front of their children is not good enough for me. Please provide your source that states they tell their children they are mommy and daddy.

Regardless, most of the research I'm finding indicates that same sex parents are making it clear to their kids that they are homosexual or lesbian therefore your concern about their discovery of "natural biology" is irrelevant.

In addition, numerous studies have shown that the children of homosexual and lesbian families are not having difficulty with "Gender Identity" nor "Gender Role Behavior," nor have they found any noticeable psychological development differences between the children of a homosexual or lesbian couple, and children of a heterosexual couple.

What effect does having LGBT parents have on children?
Sometimes people are concerned that children being raised by a gay parent will need extra emotional support or face unique social stressors.Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:

• Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
  • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
  • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
  • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior).
Children with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents

Throughout many years of working with families, I've studied the lives of gay parents raising sons and daughters. In general, gay parents tend to be more motivated, more committed, and more thoughtful parents than heterosexual couples. That's because they usually have to work very hard, and plan very far in advance, to become parents, and so rarely do so by accident.

The children, meanwhile, show few differences in achievement. They perform as well in school, at sports, and in extracurriculars as peers with heterosexual parents. At the same time, they are more self-aware, more adept at communicating their feelings, and exhibit more empathy for people different from themselves. They learn early how to negotiate the outside environment, gauge other people's motives, and assess how open they dare to be in specific situations. They are strong. In my work, I routinely saw how, with enough support from their families, children of gay parents developed skills at thinking independently and standing up for what they believed which distinguished them from many children with straight parents. In my study boys of two-moms families spent more time with a parent than the boys of mom and dad couples who more readily relegated childcare responsibilities to babysitters.
Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Kids Are All Right: Gay Parents Raising Children

Gender Identity.

In studies of children ranging in age from 5 to 14, results of projective testing and related interview procedures have revealed that development of gender identity among children of lesbian mothers follows the expected pattern (Green, 1978; Green,Mandel, Hotvedt, Gray, & Smith, 1986; Kirkpatrick, Smith & Roy, 1981). More direct assessment techniques to assess gender identity have been used by Golombok, Spencer, & Rutter (1983) with the same result: All children in this study reported that they were happy with their gender and that they had no wish to be a member of the opposite sex. There was no evidence in any of the studies of gender identity of any difficulties among children of lesbian mothers. No data have been reported in this area for children of gay fathers.

Gender-Role Behavior.
A number of studies have reported that gender-role behavior among children of lesbian mothers fell within typical limits for conventional sex roles (Brewaeys et al., 1997; Golombok et al., 1983; Gottman, 1990; Green, 1978; Green et al., 1986; Hoeffer, 1981; Kirkpatrick et al., 1981; Kweskin & Cook, 1982; Patterson, 1994a). For instance, Kirkpatrick and her colleagues (1981)

found no differences between children of lesbian versus heterosexual mothers in toy preferences,
activities, interests, or occupational choices.

Gender-role behavior of children was also assessed by Green and his colleagues (1986). In interviews with the children, no differences between the 56 children of lesbian and 48 children of heterosexual mothers were found with respect to favorite television programs, favorite television characters, or favorite games or toys. There was some indication in interviews with children themselves that the offspring of lesbian mothers had less sex-typed preferences for activities at school and in their neighborhoods than did children of heterosexual mothers. Consistent with this result, lesbian mothers were also more likely than heterosexual mothers to report that their daughters often participated in rough-and-tumble play or occasionally played with "masculine" toys such as trucks or guns, but they reported no differences in these areas for sons. Lesbian mothers were no more and no less likely than heterosexual mothers to report that their children
often played with "feminine" toys such as dolls. In both family types, however, children's sex-role behavior was seen as falling within the expected range.

More recently, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) assessed gender-role behavior among 30, 4- to 8-year-old children who had been conceived via donor insemination by lesbian couples, and compared it to that of 30 same-aged children who had been conceived via donor insemination by heterosexual couples, and to that of 30 same-aged children who had been naturally conceived by heterosexual couples. They used the Pre-School Activities Inventory (Golombok & Rust, 1993), a maternal report questionnaire designed to identify “masculine” and “feminine” behavior among boys and girls within unselected samples of schoolchildren. They found no significant differences between children of lesbian and children of heterosexual parents on preferences for gendered toys, games, and activities (Brewaeys et al., 1997). In summary, the research suggests that children of lesbian mothers develop patterns of gender-role behavior that are much like those of other children.

Sexual Orientation.

A number of investigators have also studied a third component of sexual identity, sexual orientation (Bailey, Bobrow,Wolfe, & Mickach, 1995; Bozett, 1980, 1987, 1989; Gottman,

1990; Golombok & Tasker, 1996; Green, 1978; Huggins, 1989; Miller, 1979; Paul, 1986; Rees, 1979; Tasker & Golombok, 1997). In all studies, the great majority of offspring of both lesbian mothers and gay fathers described themselves as heterosexual. Taken together, the data do not suggest elevated rates of homosexuality among the offspring of lesbian or gay parents. For instance, Huggins (1989) interviewed 36 adolescents, half of whom had lesbian mothers and half of whom had heterosexual mothers. No children of lesbian mothers identified themselves as lesbian or gay, but one child of a heterosexual mother did; this difference was not statistically
significant. In another study, Bailey and his colleagues (1995) studied adult sons of gay fathers and found more than 90% of the sons to be heterosexual.

Take it from a gay parent, nobody "plays mommy or daddy". Our kids, the children of my partner and I, know they have two mothers and a donor. The children I was a surrogate for know they have two fathers, a donor AND a surrogate.

Children don't need a mother and a father, they need parents who love and cherish them.

Take it from a gay parent, nobody "plays mommy or daddy". Our kids, the children of my partner and I, know they have two mothers and a donor. The children I was a surrogate for know they have two fathers, a donor AND a surrogate.

Children don't need a mother and a father, they need parents who love and cherish them.

Ah good someone in the know. I'd not had much luck pulling this specific information up on the web, only implications of it.

Forum List

Back