Would you support REAL term limits?

Would you support REAL term limits and age restrictions?

• Yes to both

• No to both

• Yes to term but not age

• Yes to age but not term

• We also need to cut congresses pay and cap it. It's supposed to be public service not a lottery tick

Results are only viewable after voting.
There was no need.

The 22nd Amendment was a partisan effort by Republicans fearful of another FDR.

After, 1960 the 22nd Amendment didn’t come into force again until 1988; it’s also an example of unintended consequences where Republicans shot themselves in the foot – Reagan would have easily been reelected for a third term.

And term limits have never had the desired effect – one partisan hack is simply replaced by another partisan hack – the same failed, wrongheaded policies with a different name, and with no actual changes realized.

Again, top-down ‘reforms’ never work.

What I don't like about the 22nd Amendment was how that sleazeball Clinton tried to get around it by putting his old lady up as a proxy, just like Liberal George C. Wallace did when the Alabama constitution prohibited him from succeeding himself.

This has nothing to do with separation of powers.
The fuck it doesn't.
You are sitting here claiming the executive holds the largest power.
Jesus Christ, are you that daft?
Even the Trump presidency proved that a president can't get shit done without approval by the other branches.

The fuck it doesn't.
You are sitting here claiming the executive holds the largest power.
Jesus Christ, are you that daft?
Even the Trump presidency proved that a president can't get shit done without approval by the other branches.
I never claimed the executive holds the largest power. I’m claiming the president holds the larger power than a single legislator and given the fact that there’s hundreds of legislators and ONE president, that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

I never claimed the executive holds the largest power. I’m claiming the president holds the larger power than a single legislator and given the fact that there’s hundreds of legislators and ONE president, that should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Funny in that a single legislator can stop a presidential bill right in its tracks if the President can't get enough congressional votes.

We already have term limits – they’re called elections.

And term limits are fundamentally anti-democratic; the people have the right to elect whomever they want for as long as they want.

True political reform starts at the very local level – top-down efforts such as term limits are no solution.
Typical servile minion.

I'd like to see a cap on all political service.

Possibly 10 years.

Former governor is now a senator.

Professional politicians?

time to stop them.
I term for Senators and 3 for representatives. Judges can serve for 12 years.

Obviously that hasn't worked for decades.
Low voter turnout with only half the country even bothering reflects that. Apathy gets more votes than any candidate.
Most folks have simply given up as political critters from both sides of the aisle have enriched themselves and made a lifetime career as a protected political class.
Clayton knows it doesn't work, but he's a bootlicker.

Funny in that a single legislator can stop a presidential bill right in its tracks if the President can't get enough congressional votes.
Takes a lot more than a single legislator to stop an entire bill.

Spot on.

Indeed, lobbyists in many cases actually write the laws rubberstamped by Republican ‘lawmakers.’

And to stop that from happening the Constitution would need to amended to repeal the First Amendment.
You're a vast fountain of bad ideas. You literally want to keep corrupt politicians in office.

And that’s solely the fault of the American people – the consequence of their laziness, stupidity, and willful ignorance.

For the people to abdicate their right to election whomever they wish with ‘term limits’ is an example of that laziness and stupidity.

Citizens must get involved at the local level to bring about comprehensive, fundamental change in the political process and ‘career politicians’ will no longer be an issue.

The American people have only themselves to blame; the American people are alone responsible for the bad government they get.
Why should I suffer because of dumbass Americans like you? Punishing people for irresponsibility is not a sound basis for laws.

Apparently, we have turds like you to blame for defending these insane laws.

And that’s solely the fault of the American people – the consequence of their laziness, stupidity, and willful ignorance.

For the people to abdicate their right to election whomever they wish with ‘term limits’ is an example of that laziness and stupidity.

Citizens must get involved at the local level to bring about comprehensive, fundamental change in the political process and ‘career politicians’ will no longer be an issue.

The American people have only themselves to blame; the American people are alone responsible for the bad government they get.
In every way, Elder is a better candidate then Newsom. He will be a better Governor if Newsom is removed. We will see how good the electorate is.

Forum List

Back