Wow-a few grocery stores are not allowing customers in

gnr4ever

Rookie
Apr 20, 2020
they are talking about how a KROGER store a few weeks ago has become a pickup only store and i just found out someone told me they will never reopen for customers again and this isn't just due to the virus--they were going to do this anyway--supposedly other Kroger stores will eventually do this-not all but some--probably smaller ones--also--2 GIANT EAGLE stores have shut off customers coming in as well.
Giant Eagle to open 2nd pickup and delivery-only store
Kroger pilots pickup-only store in Cincinnati area

The Kroger store hired 250 more people to do this-now how are they going to maintain paying all of those workers, this is getting absurd
Maybe they'll jack their prices way up like they are disposable masks, apparently. I just went online and looked for some masks (checked last week, all out or not delivering 'til June) and 50 masks are selling for 70 bucks, some for $150.

Whatever the market will bear, huh?

PS I just got into Amazon (computer's giving me some trouble) and they've got some cheaper.

Last edited:
This virus is simply speeding up what was going to eventually happen anyway. The end of brick and mortar shopping.
lol brick and mortar is never going away--pick up/delivery only grocery will never ever be a mainstream thing--millions would protest and the backlash and customer complaints would be insane

plus most people like to shop--you really think millions will just never shop in grocery stores---never gonna happen--people will riot

This virus is simply speeding up what was going to eventually happen anyway. The end of brick and mortar shopping.
lol brick and mortar is never going away--pick up/delivery only grocery will never ever be a mainstream thing--millions would protest and the backlash and customer complaints would be insane
No one would protest. They will simply go to the store that lets them make their own selections.

No it won't. But the drudgery of hauling bag after bag of stuff you don't need to see, feel, sniff or try on in order to pick is no longer necessary. Shopping will never go away. In some elite communities, they've always had delivery of their groceries. But I'll bet the housekeeper is keeping the delivery boy right there while she checks all the produce and the cuts of meat. I would.

yea but if they tried to pull the rug out from people and made every store to where you can't come in or most than they would

when will we be going into stores and everywhere else without needing masks etc--the media keeps dragging it on like it'll be for 50 years!!

The two grocery stores we frequent are open.

One recently started, prior to Corona, a pickup service. Shop/pay on line, special up front parking, and your order’s ready for pickup right inside the door.

I've called in and picked up every several days, for years. Grocery store crap, meat market , Sonyas vegetable stand,farmacia. I just ride by and they hand it to me. I pay them every 15 th of the month or so. They tell me if there are "specials" over the phone. Normal stuff for me.

"The end" was a bit much I agree, but it's no secret we are seeing a wholesale change in the way much of the population will be shopping going forward. This virus will speed that evolution up. The longer people are kept from brick and mortar shopping, the more people will develop new habits for their shopping, and the more they will become comfortable with it.

It I cannot look at it and read the label in person when it comes to my groceries I'm not sure I want it. I ordered a large bag of dates online and they are all dried up and crappy.

it's so easy for people to say it'll never go back to normal shopping--i think it will once the virus is dying out--easy to say now but people will be shopping like crazy--so many are tired of not being able to go out, etc.

when will we be going into stores and everywhere else without needing masks etc--the media keeps dragging it on like it'll be for 50 years!!
As soon as there's a vaccine or good treatments for it . Until then, we'll probably be wearing them.

No it won't. But the drudgery of hauling bag after bag of stuff you don't need to see, feel, sniff or try on in order to pick is no longer necessary. Shopping will never go away. In some elite communities, they've always had delivery of their groceries. But I'll bet the housekeeper is keeping the delivery boy right there while she checks all the produce and the cuts of meat. I would.
I don't want someone else picking out my tomatoes.

This will not last. Stores decorate and place product to entice the hungry impulsive shopper. The way to save money is make a list and stick to it. Will stores survive with people just getting the basics without picking out something that just looked good? Probably not.

The Kroger store hired 250 more people to do this-now how are they going to maintain paying all of those workers, this is getting absurd
Maybe they'll jack their prices way up like they are disposable masks, apparently. I just went online and looked for some masks (checked last week, all out or not delivering 'til June) and 50 masks are selling for 70 bucks, some for $150.

Whatever the market will bear, huh?

PS I just got into Amazon (computer's giving me some trouble) and they've got some cheaper.

And what kind of masks?

Forum List

Back