Wow! An insightful and comprehensive look at Trump v. H. of Rep. coming soon!

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
Trump Is Counting on the Supreme Court to Save Him

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

Keep in mind the rules in effect in this forum.

the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years

A crisis you say. Can we assume this is a dire situation with the gravest of potential damage? Akin to an asteroid strike? :icon_rolleyes:

From the link:

Sometime before June 29, 2020, the U.S. Supreme Court will either plunge the United States into the severest constitutional crisis of the Trump years—or save Americans from that crisis.

"Three different committees of Congress, as well as New York State prosecutors, have issued subpoenas to President Donald Trump’s accountants and bankers for his tax and business records. Trump has sued to stop the accountants and bankers from complying. He has lost twice at the district-court level and twice at the appeals-court level. Now he is looking to the conservative majority on the Supreme Court to rescue him."

Please don't comment on this thread without, 1) Reading the Link, and 2) whining that Trump is above the law and this is a witch hunt.

The Supreme Court is well aware of precedents with their decisions

If they want to rule that a President has no obligation to respond to Congressional inquiries and throw out Constitutional checks and balances....the same ruling will apply to all future presidents.

Be careful what you wish for Republicans

Dang, which law say he needs to release his tax records?

Dems no longer need Trump's tax returns, they impeached him. Its over, Trump is toast, he's forever impeached, kaput. Wait, breaking news Trump is more popular than ever and likely to storm to victory in 2020! :eusa_dance:

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas, dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

Everyone's a Constitutional lawyer on the Internet. It's frickin' amazing.

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas,

dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance

are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

Was all a part of the OP (View Bold)

Did you win or lose?

"From the link". Everything you see on the internet ain't necessarily true. The link is an opinion by Canadian born David Frum who worked for George Bush but admitted voting for Hillary.

Yes, it's an opinion piece, but I dare say, it's well written... has foundation in facts .... it's the opinion part that fell in the gutter.

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas, dishonesty, hypocrisy and willful ignorance are the safe harbor for trump supporters.

Why? You spew the same debunked shit over and over and over expecting a different result.

From the link:

drama queen 2.jpg

I knew from the get go the rules would not be followed, I was hoping that the usual scofflaws would follow the rules, but alas,

Did you win or lose?

It's not about me, MeBelle. It will be settled by the Supreme Court, and IMO, if the Court votes 5-4 in support of the Presidency, we have answered the response of Mr. Franklin, two centuries and three decades ago:
  • you have a Republic, if you can keep it,
  • We will have lost it.

Did you win or lose?

It's not about me, MeBelle. It will be settled by the Supreme Court, and IMO, if the Court votes 5-4 in support of the Presidency, we have answered the response of Mr. Franklin, two centuries and three decades ago:
  • We will have lost it.

Then by all means start your revolution....:popcorn:

Did you win or lose?

• We will have lost it.

If it was NOT about you Rye Catcher , YOU would not have added insults to the OP.

Have a clean debate without any insults - you're smarter than this!

Forum List

Back