WOW Fox News really powerful..75% of Americans want IRS special prosecutor!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Three-quarters (75%) of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent.
Those backing such a move included 63 percent of Democrats.

Special IRS Prosecutor Favored as Obama Support Drops - Bloomberg

Ever since the Right on USMB almost unanimously rejected the merit of the multiple polls showing over 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks,

I think they themselves established what the standard should be as to how relevant, meaningful, or important polls should be considered in making an argument for any side of any issue.

Anyone disagree? Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

tehy have proven they only use facts they like.

they will deny any fact no matter its source if it dosent fit into their historically failed world veiw

Ever since the Right on USMB almost unanimously rejected the merit of the multiple polls showing over 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks,

I think they themselves established what the standard should be as to how relevant, meaningful, or important polls should be considered in making an argument for any side of any issue.

Anyone disagree? Anyone think that for some reason we should let the USMB conservatives determine which polls we should consider important, and which ones we should reject as meaningless?

How on Earth could I, as a conservative, determine which polls you reject as meaningless?

What an absurd notion.

Are you saying that this poll is meaningless?

I'm asking you or anyone else here to tell me, if a 90% poll was not a good argument, if that is what you believed on the background check polls,

why would a 75% poll be a good argument?

they dont care about democracy.

they dont even like that fact that America is a democracy.

they deny the very definition of the word to do so.

the country is figuring them out

Three-quarters (75%) of U.S. voters want a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of Tea Party groups, according to a poll that showed a drop in President Barack Obama’s approval and trust ratings.
In the survey released today by Hamden, Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University, registered voters favored a special prosecutor by 76 percent to 17 percent.

What, if anything, does Fox News have to do with this? What is the purpose of giving 'credit' to Fox News?

How on Earth could I, as a conservative, determine which polls you reject as meaningless?

What an absurd notion.

Your random combination of words is incomprehensible.

Do you believe that the 90+% support in the polls for universal background checks was a good argument for action on that issue? Can you remind us of your position on that?

I'm asking you or anyone else here to tell me, if a 90% poll was not a good argument, if that is what you believed on the background check polls,

Kind of because most Americans hate the IRS.

It's an invalid premise. But since I didn't disagree with the validity of the background check polls, I'm asking you:

What, if anything, does Fox News have to do with this? What is the purpose of giving 'credit' to Fox News?

I think the assumption is that those who say the IRS scandal is a Fox News creation should then give credit to Fox News for fooling 75% of the people.

I'm saying this:

1. the 90+% support for background checks was probably the highest number on one side for any polls ever made the topic of discussion on USMB.

2. Despite that, practically every rightwing inmate in this asylum found some excuse to reject, ridicule, demean, and dismiss those polls.

3. The new rule on USMB is, you rightwing nuts, if the shoe fits, don't get to use polls anymore for anything. Period.

Oh, you can try. You can start all the lame threads you want, arguing from a poll you happen to like, but the deal is,

you're going to be hammered about the background check polls every single time, thus rendering your argument useless and comical.

Fair enough?

It's an invalid premise. But since I didn't disagree with the validity of the background check polls, I'm asking you:

There's no premise stated. It's a question to those who rejected the background check polls but are going to try to use this poll. Since you didn't reject the background check polls, it's not a question to you.

We did not unanimously rejected the multiple polls showing over 90% of Americans wanting universal background checks. It was widely discussed here on USMB. I suggested publicly listing unstable people who should not posses weapons like we do sex offenders list. That way everyone could keep an eye on them.

I'm saying this:

1. the 90+% support for background checks was probably the highest number on one side for any polls ever made the topic of discussion on USMB.

2. Despite that, practically every rightwing inmate in this asylum found some excuse to reject, ridicule, demean, and dismiss those polls.

3. The new rule on USMB is, you rightwing nuts, if the shoe fits, don't get to use polls anymore for anything. Period.

Oh, you can try. You can start all the lame threads you want, arguing from a poll you happen to like, but the deal is,

you're going to be hammered about the background check polls every single time, thus rendering your argument useless and comical.

Fair enough?

I never discussed the validity of polls regarding background checks.

Do you think this poll showing 75% support of appointing a special prosecutor is meaningless?

There's no premise stated. It's a question to those who rejected the background check polls but are going to try to use this poll. Since you didn't reject the background check polls, it's not a question to you.

Don't believe Fox news.

obama needs to stand by Eric Holder no matter what.

Strange response. It wasn't Fox News that did the poll, it was a private polling of Quinnipiac University who did the reporting.

Of course your post could have been a tongue in cheek kind of response, but then maybe not.

Yes, it's such a deep point too. You get to combine your distaste for Fox and marginalize the illegal actions of the IRS.

Forget the poll, do you think there needs to be a special prosecutor?

Forum List

Back