🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wow, I'm a hard core conservative and I disagree in the New York grand jury decision

I don't think its a race thing, just terrible judgement by the cops

How about you let all the air out of your lungs and say "I can't breath" 11 times, if you listen to the tape the man took a breath each time he said it. The officer did nothing wrong.

The autopsy ruled his death a homicide.[/QUOTE]

A homicide only means that the death was caused by another human being. It doesnt mean the same thing as murder.[/QUOTE]

It also doesn't mean that his heart attack was incidental. It was caused by his altercation with police....over a cigarette.

I thought the victim spoke the words I can't breathe. If that was the case he wasn't being choked, making the officers actions less negligent possibly. To assess that situation...he wasn't choking.

So, putting one's arm around the neck and squeezing is "not choking" so long as you do a poor job of your intended choking.

The good news for you is that I won't bother insulting you. There is absolutely no vocabulary that comes close to describing how much of a bat-shit fucking idiot you are for saying something so insanely stupid.

The autopsy ruled his death a homicide.

A homicide only means that the death was caused by another human being. It doesnt mean the same thing as murder.[/QUOTE]

It also doesn't mean that his heart attack was incidental. It was caused by his altercation with police....over a cigarette.[/QUOTE]
Then the solution is to get New York to reduce the taxes on cigarettes. This whole thing happened, including Garner's 31 priors, because taxes are so high that poor people can only afford to buy this legal product one at a time.

Leave the nannys alone and the same thing will happen over shot glasses of orange juice.

newsflash! Mr. Garner had lots of issues incl. copd, asthma, hypertension etc.. which contributed to his death.

How about you let all the air out of your lungs and say "I can't breath" 11 times, if you listen to the tape the man took a breath each time he said it. The officer did nothing wrong.

Half a dozen cops dogpile the man and one locks his arm around his throat and kills him, and you think there's no case because Garner said "I can't breathe" instead of "my breathing is being restricted." Astonishing.

Anyone who makes an absolute judgment on this case before any GJ testimony and evidence is released forfeits credibility.

The cops who were next to him should have smacked the officer senseless and made it stop strangling the guy to death because it makes ALL cops look bad
He wasn't strangled to death. He died hours later.

If he was actually being strangled he would not have been able to say "I can't breathe"

Anyone who makes an absolute judgment on this case before any GJ testimony and evidence is released forfeits credibility.

Agreed. But looking at that video -- if they absolutely had to take him down, once he's down, couldn't the cop at least stop choking him?

I wish he had just done what you're supposed to do, which is surrender to law enforcement when they tell you to. Fight the battle later. But as I understand it, their own rules say they're not supposed to choke to begin with, let alone keep choking.

So accidental homicide. No?
No. It isn't like the cops accidentally put him in a choke-hold.

Negligent Homicide I would go with.
Wouldn't that assume all choke holds cause death?
No, it means that the gathered cops had other means of restraint at their disposal. Clearly, the guy was not threatening anyone. He was simply refusing to be arrested.

And for the record.....if you can say, "I can't breath", that means you can breath. A choking victim cannot make any sound at all.

In My opinion, the cop that choked him down to the ground, did so knowing full well that his actions could cause severe harm and that the hold was against department policy.

There is nothing 'accidental' about that.
Aren't you contradicting yourself? (Bolded)
In what way? They are two completely separate thoughts and the subject of each sentence is independent of the other.

A person who says they cannot breath obviously can breathe. Anyone who has had first aid knows that a choking person will not be able to make a sound on their own. The same applies if you are bring choked by someone else. If you are truely being choked, you won't be able to say that you can't breathe.

The other sentence deal directly with the motivation of the cop who was using the choke hold. He had ample time to assess the situation as they were talking to the perp and knowing full well that the choke hold is against policy, chose to use it anyway when he made a move to bring the guy down.

I don't see how they even relate to each other outside of the use of a choke hold.

If the cop was using an actual choke hold, Garner would not have been able be to breath. If he was not able to breath, we agree that he would not be able to say "I can't breathe." My conclusion is the cop was not using a choke hold, or it was a very ineffective choke hold, and Garner obviously could breathe.

I thought the victim spoke the words I can't breathe. If that was the case he wasn't being choked, making the officers actions less negligent possibly. To assess that situation...he wasn't choking.

So, putting one's arm around the neck and squeezing is "not choking" so long as you do a poor job of your intended choking.

The good news for you is that I won't bother insulting you. There is absolutely no vocabulary that comes close to describing how much of a bat-shit fucking idiot you are for saying something so insanely stupid.

It's cute you think you could insult me

I think its the same thing in Ferguson actually.

The reaction of the conservatives...another story.

My reaction is where is the Justice Department, the FBI and the federal government?

Tracking homicides in Chicago
Tracy SwartzpostedDec. 3, 2014 at 12:00 a.m
November ended last week with 38 homicides,
up from 28 killings, according to RedEye data. No homicides have been reported so far this month. There were 40 homicides reported in December 2013, according to a RedEye analysis.

The NYPD were a fucking embarrassment to New Yorkers and the officer is an embarrassment to Italians. It's a fucking disgrace. There was no reason to choke the guy in the first place and much less when he was already on the ground. His fellow officer should have clubbed the cop until they made him release the choke

The most frightening thing is these same fucking morons are carrying AR-15s and "Guarding" Grand Central Station.

The bad news is if putting one's arm around the neck and squeezing does not choke someone to the point that they can't breathe, it is not going to kill them. If they can still talk, they can still breathe. Even a bat-shit fucking idiot like you should know that

The NYPD were a fucking embarrassment to New Yorkers and the officer is an embarrassment to Italians. It's a fucking disgrace. There was no reason to choke the guy in the first place and much less when he was already on the ground. His fellow officer should have clubbed the cop until they made him release the choke

The most frightening thing is these same fucking morons are carrying AR-15s and "Guarding" Grand Central Station.
But didn't he put that choke hold on him prior to his being on the ground and release it once others were there?

I'm just trying to see the GJ point if view.

The bad news is if putting one's arm around the neck and squeezing does not choke someone to the point that they can't breathe, it is not going to kill them. If they can still talk, they can still breathe. Even a bat-shit fucking idiot like you should know that

:lol:

You really don't know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back