🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wow, I'm a hard core conservative and I disagree in the New York grand jury decision

I feel sorry for this guy. He was just trying to make a buck selling cigarettes, not being a thug like Martin and Brown.

So accidental homicide. No?
No. It isn't like the cops accidentally put him in a choke-hold.

Negligent Homicide I would go with.

I sure wish Brown and Garner had just done what they were told. There would have been plenty of time to disagree later.

Outside of that, I agree, negligent homicide seems like an appropriate expectation here.

The government rigged this grand jury decision to cause more riots.

Oh for goodness' sake.

Do you really think these are coincidences? If the governments of MO and NY had any common sense, they'd at least communicate and separate the dates of these trials by three to four months.

Both incidents happened around the same time. It is that crazy that they would release their findings around the same time as well.

You omitted something

Both incidents also became national stories. So it's crazy that they would release their findings (that violated popular opinion) around the same time.

Common sense. It's something you liberals either lack, which creates a crisis, or you purposely avoid, which also creates a crisis. Then you liberals "never let a crisis go to waste" and propose your own non-common-sense solutions to them, to create more crises.

The fact that you consider something "common sense" is in itself a reason to doubt that thing.

You don't exactly have a great track record on things like this.

The government rigged this grand jury decision to cause more riots.

Oh for goodness' sake.

Do you really think these are coincidences? If the governments of MO and NY had any common sense, they'd at least communicate and separate the dates of these trials by three to four months.

Both incidents happened around the same time. It is that crazy that they would release their findings around the same time as well.

You omitted something

Both incidents also became national stories. So it's crazy that they would release their findings (that violated popular opinion) around the same time.

Common sense. It's something you liberals either lack, which creates a crisis, or you purposely avoid, which also creates a crisis. Then you liberals "never let a crisis go to waste" and propose your own non-common-sense solutions to them, to create more crises.

I didn't omit anything. I am well aware that these cases were national stories; however, you have offered zero proof to support assertion that the government is behind this so more riots can occur. What proof do you have to support your statement?

The fact that you consider something "common sense" is in itself a reason to doubt that thing.

Are you saying it was a good idea to release the NY verdict immediately after the Ferguson riots? Is that common sense to you?

I sure wish Brown and Garner had just done what they were told. There would have been plenty of time to disagree later.

Outside of that, I agree, negligent homicide seems like an appropriate expectation here.

Yes. I don't understand the mentality of resisting when you are clearly breaking the law. Had he cooperated, he'd have been fined for selling "Lucies" and have a minor blight on his record. He would then, of course, be free to sue for harassment. Now, he's just free to lay there and decay.

Given all that, from what I can gather, the cops are in the wrong this time.

I don't think its a race thing, just terrible judgement by the cops
You do realize that the situation in New York City is the same as it is in Ferguson. Each have a DA that is a democrat. Each have a mayor that is a democrat. Each have a governor that is a democrat.

You must also be aware that the media is running with this with some incorrect info. This so called "choke hold" is not the one they have outlawed. The media has repeated said that the purpose of the choke hold is to cut off the breathing of the subject. If you will look into it the hold that has been outlawed in many cities is actually carotid artery hold. This actually cuts off the blood supply to the brain and the subject goes limp and passes out. I learned this technique in the Marines and used it many times over the years in law enforcement.

Chokeholds that cut off blood flow to the brain are exactly what is outlawed.
You are correct. He could not say he could not breath if this hold had been placed on him. He would just go limp.

No, that's not how it works, I've been put in a chokehold before. It doesn't happen instantly. Not to mention, if the cop was doing in wrong, it would certainly cut off his breathing as well.
I never said it was instant as it takes a few seconds. I never tried to do it wrong. His weight probably had more to do with his death than what the officer did.

Are you saying it was a good idea to release the NY verdict immediately after the Ferguson riots? Is that common sense to you?

"Common sense" means "I don't actually understand the topic, but I'm going to have an opinion anyway".

Releasing both verdicts near the same time allows the outrage for the two to blend together, rather than prolonging the outrage by waiting for everything to calm down before riling everything up again.

It's a moot point, anyway. It's not like New York is going to riot about it.

NEW RULE: Black men. Stop resisting arrest. When your police force determines to arrest you, there is no further discussion. See a lawyer once you get to the police.station.

Wouldn't that assume all choke holds cause death?
No, it means that the gathered cops had other means of restraint at their disposal. Clearly, the guy was not threatening anyone. He was simply refusing to be arrested.

And for the record.....if you can say, "I can't breath", that means you can breath. A choking victim cannot make any sound at all.

In My opinion, the cop that choked him down to the ground, did so knowing full well that his actions could cause severe harm and that the hold was against department policy.

There is nothing 'accidental' about that.

NEW RULE: Black men. Stop resisting arrest. When your police force determines to arrest you, there is no further discussion. See a lawyer once you get to the police.station.

So a police officer can do whatever he wants to a person he wants to arrest up to and including homicide? Is that what we want in the land of the free?

The reason that chokeholds are illegal is that it's easy for them to cause death.
They are against NYPD policy, but not illegal.

Sure.

Studies have shown that law enforcement chokeholds have caused death in around 2% (15 out of 945 studied incidents) of cases, which is way too big of a number for me with the other options for pacification that police have.

So a police officer can do whatever he wants to a person he wants to arrest up to and including homicide? Is that what we want in the land of the free?
No one has said that.

The reason that chokeholds are illegal is that it's easy for them to cause death.
They are against NYPD policy, but not illegal.

Sure.

Studies have shown that law enforcement chokeholds have caused death in around 2% (15 out of 945 studied incidents) of cases, which is way too big of a number for me with the other options for pacification that police have.

Cool! How about a link to all the studies you are quoting..

Forum List

Back