Wow..what if Hillary had done this

If Trump gets his way it will not matter who wins the popular vote in six key states, they will be obligated to have its electors vote for Trump...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-discussing-plans-appoint-090001571.html

That is TOTALLY LEGAL under The United States Constitution.
"Every state has allowed its voters to make the call in every election since the late 1800s. But in 2000, the Supreme Court held in Bush v. Gore that the states "can take back the power to appoint electors."...I think that means a republican controlled state can ignore the popular vote in that state if it goes Biden's way. Might as well not even have Trump and Biden on those state ballots.

Well, that'll teach you to try to think when you're obviously unequipped for it.

Most states have state laws requiring their electors to follow the popular vote for that state. And the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that electors do have to follow those laws if their state has them.
We are not talking about 'most states' we are talking six. Trump's people think their legislatures/governor can tell the electors to vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of the popular vote in that state, as per the 2000 SCOTUS ruling in Bush vs. Gore.

2000?
You're an idiot.
You do realize 2000 is a year right?..as in 'Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98, was a decision of the United States Supreme Court that settled a recount dispute in Florida's 2000 presidential election. The ruling was issued on December 12, 2000. On December 9, the Court had preliminarily halted the Florida recount that was occurring.

Yes
Nothing to do with what you're talking about though.
It's the year the Bush vs. Gore ruling gave back the states right to use their electors anyway they wanted. 'States' being the operative word for governor or legislature. The fear is that say..Biden wins Arizona by 100,000 votes but the states electors are instructed to give all their votes to Trump anyway.

Well, that's certainly the fear your masters have ordered you to cringe and rant about, anyway. It's far more likely that Trump's campaign is looking at what to do in the event of unclear results that drag on too long. Did you really expect that you leftists were going to be able to brazenly upend the entire election process in full view of everyone, and no one would consider strategies to counteract you?

It really bugs you when people choose to have laws that operate differently from the way you want them to, doesn't it? Arizona could have passed a law binding its electors to the state's popular vote, the same way those other 32 states did. We chose not to. Who the fuck are you to come along now and remake our choice for us to suit your sensibilities?
Again Trump's base is fine with a state like Arizona telling it's voters..so you voted for Biden, well were going to give Trump all our electoral votes anyway...have a nice day

Again, you're fine with telling the voters of Arizona, "So you set these laws, but I know better than you, so we're going to do what I want instead of what you decided."

Also, may I point out that your hypocritical ass is supporting a party that has been clamoring for a while now for the "Popular Vote Compact", where the voters of Arizona would have their electors decided by other states regardless of Arizona's popular vote, so spare me your lies about how you're concerned about the will of Arizonans. The truth is that you want a world where your candidate wins no matter what, and people have no choice about the matter. Don't try to piss down my leg and then swear that it's raining, and don't try to tell me that your desperate fight for tyranny is anything but the evil that it is.
Jeezus!..AGAIN. we get it..we get it..your fine with a republican controlled state deciding to give Trump all it's electoral votes even if he loses the popular vote in that state 'because the law says so'. Why do you keep repeating yourself.
We're also fine with a Democrat-controlled state giving all its electoral votes to Biden even if he loses the popular vote...if allowed by law.

You can't say you're okay with both scenarios. You only want the one

So shaddap, boy..
***chuckles***

And what State would be...the state of confusion? If a swing state went popular for Trump..and the state declared for Biden--and changed the outcome of the election..you'd go to your grave whining!

When your opponent starts fixating on technicalities to win a contest..you know you are winning..just sayin'

The Constitution allows it BUT a State can not go against it's current laws on how to decide electors. It is a BOGUS STORY. Those States would need to change State law first.
The governors in a number of states have unilaterally changed their voting procedures, so why can't the legislature change the manner of choosing electors?

The Constitution allows it BUT a State can not go against it's current laws on how to decide electors. It is a BOGUS STORY. Those States would need to change State law first.
The governors in a number of states have unilaterally changed their voting procedures, so why can't the legislature change the manner of choosing electors?
They can, but it would require an actual law to pass to invalidate the current law, or in some cases the actual Constitution of the State.

If Trump gets his way it will not matter who wins the popular vote in six key states, they will be obligated to have its electors vote for Trump...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-discussing-plans-appoint-090001571.html

That's how you post a link...

And what if Hillary had done it? Democrats would have had no problem with it whatsoever. I don't like Trump any more than I like Biden, but do everyone a favor and don't pretend Democrats are any better that Trumplicans.
Lol, what if Hillary had done it?

A completely bullshit question. No Democratic candidate would ever stopped to that kind of cheating.

The changes your talking about are to make it easier to vote under the present circumstances. What tRump is doing is depriving people of their fundamental right to vote.

And what if Hillary had done it? Democrats would have had no problem with it whatsoever. I don't like Trump any more than I like Biden, but do everyone a favor and don't pretend Democrats are any better that Trumplicans.

A completely bullshit question. No Democratic candidate would ever stopped to that kind of cheating.
No they illegally harvest ballots, Illegal vote for the dead and illegally vote in 2 states. They also try their damnedest to make it so illegals can vote.

No they illegally harvest ballots, Illegal vote for the dead and illegally vote in 2 states. They also try their damnedest to make it so illegals can vote.
Fake news. In person vote fraud is virtually non existent, mail in fraud is even less. The real fraud is republicans suppressing or intimidating voters.

"Every state has allowed its voters to make the call in every election since the late 1800s. But in 2000, the Supreme Court held in Bush v. Gore that the states "can take back the power to appoint electors."...I think that means a republican controlled state can ignore the popular vote in that state if it goes Biden's way. Might as well not even have Trump and Biden on those state ballots.

Well, that'll teach you to try to think when you're obviously unequipped for it.

Most states have state laws requiring their electors to follow the popular vote for that state. And the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that electors do have to follow those laws if their state has them.
We are not talking about 'most states' we are talking six. Trump's people think their legislatures/governor can tell the electors to vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of the popular vote in that state, as per the 2000 SCOTUS ruling in Bush vs. Gore.

2000?
You're an idiot.
You do realize 2000 is a year right?..as in 'Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98, was a decision of the United States Supreme Court that settled a recount dispute in Florida's 2000 presidential election. The ruling was issued on December 12, 2000. On December 9, the Court had preliminarily halted the Florida recount that was occurring.

Yes
It's the year the Bush vs. Gore ruling gave back the states right to use their electors anyway they wanted. 'States' being the operative word for governor or legislature. The fear is that say..Biden wins Arizona by 100,000 votes but the states electors are instructed to give all their votes to Trump anyway.

Well, that's certainly the fear your masters have ordered you to cringe and rant about, anyway. It's far more likely that Trump's campaign is looking at what to do in the event of unclear results that drag on too long. Did you really expect that you leftists were going to be able to brazenly upend the entire election process in full view of everyone, and no one would consider strategies to counteract you?

It really bugs you when people choose to have laws that operate differently from the way you want them to, doesn't it? Arizona could have passed a law binding its electors to the state's popular vote, the same way those other 32 states did. We chose not to. Who the fuck are you to come along now and remake our choice for us to suit your sensibilities?
Again Trump's base is fine with a state like Arizona telling it's voters..so you voted for Biden, well were going to give Trump all our electoral votes anyway...have a nice day

Again, you're fine with telling the voters of Arizona, "So you set these laws, but I know better than you, so we're going to do what I want instead of what you decided."

Also, may I point out that your hypocritical ass is supporting a party that has been clamoring for a while now for the "Popular Vote Compact", where the voters of Arizona would have their electors decided by other states regardless of Arizona's popular vote, so spare me your lies about how you're concerned about the will of Arizonans. The truth is that you want a world where your candidate wins no matter what, and people have no choice about the matter. Don't try to piss down my leg and then swear that it's raining, and don't try to tell me that your desperate fight for tyranny is anything but the evil that it is.
Jeezus!..AGAIN. we get it..we get it..your fine with a republican controlled state deciding to give Trump all it's electoral votes even if he loses the popular vote in that state 'because the law says so'. Why do you keep repeating yourself.
We're also fine with a Democrat-controlled state giving all its electoral votes to Biden even if he loses the popular vote...if allowed by law.

So shaddap, boy..
Once again..My 'scenario' is one man/one vote and get rid of the Electoral College. It will sink in for you eventually.

Idiotic

Fake news. In person vote fraud is virtually non existent, mail in fraud is even less. The real fraud is republicans suppressing or intimidating voters.

You going to call out the OP on the fake news or do you decide to only call certain news fake because of politics?

The changes your talking about are to make it easier to vote under the present circumstances. What tRump is doing is depriving people of their fundamental right to vote.
That's horseshit Dim propaganda. The changes are being made to facilitate voter fraud.

Following the same rules we've had for 200 years is depriving people of their right to vote?

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes

So shaddap, boy..
***chuckles***

And what State would be...the state of confusion? If a swing state went popular for Trump..and the state declared for Biden--and changed the outcome of the election..you'd go to your grave whining!

When your opponent starts fixating on technicalities to win a contest..you know you are winning..just sayin'

You accurately described exactly what the Democrat party is doing, did you intend to.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes

So shaddap, boy..

I'm actually pretty okay with the people of a state deciding for themselves what they want, so long as they don't then try to shove the consequences of their choices off onto everyone else. Mind you, I have opinions on what they should decide; but unlike Ben, I don't think that entitles me to override their own freedom of choice.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes

So shaddap, boy..
Once again..My 'scenario' is one man/one vote and get rid of the Electoral College. It will sink in for you eventually.

Once again, your "scenario" is all about tyranny and trying to dress it up in nice-sounding buzzwords. I doubt the inherent evil of what you want will ever sink in for you.

Hillary is at Trump's feet. she's DONE! the enemy is Biden, so focus on him!

Genuinely incredible to watch Trumpworld keep talking about Clinton as Biden’s favorable numbers rise to the mid-50s.

Hillary is at Trump's feet. she's DONE! the enemy is Biden, so focus on him!

Genuinely incredible to watch Trumpworld keep talking about Clinton as Biden’s favorable numbers rise to the mid-50s.
Dims have been gloating about Nixon for 50 years, and you're telling Republicans that the should ignore Hillary's crimes? It isn't just Hillary, it's most of the Obama administration. They are all implicated, and they are all going down.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes

So shaddap, boy..
***chuckles***

If the State's law allowed that outcome, I wouldn't like it, but I'd accept it.

I don't whine. I'm not a leftist.

"...their fundamental right to vote Democrat."

That's what you mean. You hate it that people decide for themselves who they want to vote for. You want one-party rule.

Democrats loath democracy.

That's what you mean. You hate it that people decide for themselves who they want to vote for. You want one-party rule.

Republicans can't vote by mail?

Why not?

Republicans can't vote by mail?

Why not?
I didn't say they couldn't.

I said you don't want them to vote at all.

Forum List

Back