Wow..what if Hillary had done this

If Trump gets his way it will not matter who wins the popular vote in six key states, they will be obligated to have its electors vote for Trump...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-discussing-plans-appoint-090001571.html
The Old Guard Rs promised to do this last time until the Trump voters told them to say goodbye to their political careers.
I imagine..most of the Trump voters would be OK with it now, right?
Much to your chagrin, Trump hasn't lost any voters.
Oh....I think he's lost enough--his base is with him to the bitter end. I'd not expect any less of them. They've put so much skin in the game..are so committed...that if he does lose...he will still be able to use them...and retain a lot of personal power.

My fantasy was more about him passing from the bug..and President Pence rallying the nation.

If Trump gets his way it will not matter who wins the popular vote in six key states, they will be obligated to have its electors vote for Trump...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-campaign-discussing-plans-appoint-090001571.html
The Old Guard Rs promised to do this last time until the Trump voters told them to say goodbye to their political careers.
Oh....I think he's lost enough--his base is with him to the bitter end. I'd not expect any less of them. They've put so much skin in the game..are so committed...that if he does lose...he will still be able to use them...and retain a lot of personal power.

My fantasy was more about him passing from the bug..and President Pence rallying the nation.
Your obsessive nature is quite dull.
Since I deal with people from 5 different towns all day and 3 of those towns are hoods, I think I have a much better grasp of reality than most.
You may continue to fantasize if that's what helps you make it through the day.

Since I deal with people from 5 different towns all day and 3 of those towns are hoods, I think I have a much better grasp of reality than most.
My obsessive nature..as you term it...has served me quite well throughout my life. I imagine it does look dull as shit--from the outside looking in...LOL!

Oh, and don't be silly..fantasy is how everyone makes it through the day~

That is TOTALLY LEGAL under The United States Constitution.
"Every state has allowed its voters to make the call in every election since the late 1800s. But in 2000, the Supreme Court held in Bush v. Gore that the states "can take back the power to appoint electors."...I think that means a republican controlled state can ignore the popular vote in that state if it goes Biden's way. Might as well not even have Trump and Biden on those state ballots.

Well, that'll teach you to try to think when you're obviously unequipped for it.

Most states have state laws requiring their electors to follow the popular vote for that state. And the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that electors do have to follow those laws if their state has them.
We are not talking about 'most states' we are talking six. Trump's people think their legislatures/governor can tell the electors to vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of the popular vote in that state, as per the 2000 SCOTUS ruling in Bush vs. Gore.

2000?
You're an idiot.

My obsessive nature..as you term it...has served me quite well throughout my life. I imagine it does look dull as shit--from the outside looking in...LOL!

Oh, and don't be silly..fantasy is how everyone makes it through the day~
Your hatred of Trump simply reflects the fact that you are an alpha who can't tolerate other alphas.
I am an alpha who loves to work with alphas because alphas get things done.

"Every state has allowed its voters to make the call in every election since the late 1800s. But in 2000, the Supreme Court held in Bush v. Gore that the states "can take back the power to appoint electors."...I think that means a republican controlled state can ignore the popular vote in that state if it goes Biden's way. Might as well not even have Trump and Biden on those state ballots.

Well, that'll teach you to try to think when you're obviously unequipped for it.

Most states have state laws requiring their electors to follow the popular vote for that state. And the Supreme Court ruled earlier this year that electors do have to follow those laws if their state has them.
We are not talking about 'most states' we are talking six. Trump's people think their legislatures/governor can tell the electors to vote for Trump regardless of the outcome of the popular vote in that state, as per the 2000 SCOTUS ruling in Bush vs. Gore.

2000?
You're an idiot.
You do realize 2000 is a year right?..as in 'Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98, was a decision of the United States Supreme Court that settled a recount dispute in Florida's 2000 presidential election. The ruling was issued on December 12, 2000. On December 9, the Court had preliminarily halted the Florida recount that was occurring.

2000?
You're an idiot.
You do realize 2000 is a year right?..as in 'Bush v. Gore, 531 U.S. 98, was a decision of the United States Supreme Court that settled a recount dispute in Florida's 2000 presidential election. The ruling was issued on December 12, 2000. On December 9, the Court had preliminarily halted the Florida recount that was occurring.

Yes
Nothing to do with what you're talking about though.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes
It's the year the Bush vs. Gore ruling gave back the states right to use their electors anyway they wanted. 'States' being the operative word for governor or legislature. The fear is that say..Biden wins Arizona by 100,000 votes but the states electors are instructed to give all their votes to Trump anyway.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes
It's the year the Bush vs. Gore ruling gave back the states right to use their electors anyway they wanted. 'States' being the operative word for governor or legislature. The fear is that say..Biden wins Arizona by 100,000 votes but the states electors are instructed to give all their votes to Trump anyway.

No it wasn't

Brilliant! I wished I'd thought of it!

0 mDwgP-jZIDHpDg-V.jpg

So . . . you're outraged to discover that the laws are what they were written, rather than what you ASSumed and really, really, REALLY wished?

You leftists spend an awful lot of time being "outraged" by the "nefarious schemes" of working with the rules as they exist. And it's ridiculously hypocritical, given that your own leaders spend all their time trying to ignore or outright break the rules.

So . . . you're outraged to discover that the laws are what they were written, rather than what you ASSumed and really, really, REALLY wished?

You leftists spend an awful lot of time being "outraged" by the "nefarious schemes" of working with the rules as they exist. And it's ridiculously hypocritical, given that your own leaders spend all their time trying to ignore or outright break the rules.
The point is why even have Trump and Biden on the ballot in those states since they can give Trump the states electors regardless of who wins..and your fine with that..I get it.

2000?
You're an idiot.

Yes

Well, that's certainly the fear your masters have ordered you to cringe and rant about, anyway. It's far more likely that Trump's campaign is looking at what to do in the event of unclear results that drag on too long. Did you really expect that you leftists were going to be able to brazenly upend the entire election process in full view of everyone, and no one would consider strategies to counteract you?

It really bugs you when people choose to have laws that operate differently from the way you want them to, doesn't it? Arizona could have passed a law binding its electors to the state's popular vote, the same way those other 32 states did. We chose not to. Who the fuck are you to come along now and remake our choice for us to suit your sensibilities?

The point is why even have Trump and Biden on the ballot in those states since they can give Trump the states electors regardless of who wins..and your fine with that..I get it.

No, the point is, that's how the Electoral College was set up from the start, and Arizona could have chosen to change it when the other 32 states did so. It didn't. So yeah, I'm fine with the people of Arizona making their own choices about their state's laws for themselves. And you're fine with taking that choice away from them because you've decided you know better. I get it.

No, the point is, that's how the Electoral College was set up from the start, and Arizona could have chosen to change it when the other 32 states did so. It didn't. So yeah, I'm fine with the people of Arizona making their own choices about their state's laws for themselves. And you're fine with taking that choice away from them because you've decided you know better. I get it.
So we agree..your fine with a state ignoring its election results and just automatically giving Trump its electoral votes.

Forum List

Back