WSJ Op-Ed Bitch-Slaps GOP - Gotta' Love It

Yes, the system is broke.

A friend of mine married a woman four years ago. She is from another country. It took 18 months for him to get permission to bring her here. Every six months they have to "prove" they are still married and together.

They even a child now.

She is still trying to get a permanent visa.
The system is not BROKE.
If your friend won't be CHEAP he would hire an immigration lawyer FIRST and find out that it is much more advisable to bring the woman here on a fiance visa than to marry her abroad.
But he was CHEAP, wasn't he?
and you seem to think that getting a permanent residency is an overnight procedure. Hold your horses - there is a line. And there is a lot of fraud as well - what is wrong that they have to prove they are still married - it is a process and they should go through it.
It seems that you would like some to be more even than the others, because they are your friends.

They have a lawyer.. And they are doing it legally. Not illegally.

And that is the point, which you totally either missed or intentionally ignored... Why are the Democrats so intent on helping illegals get to stay here permanently instead of helping those who are trying to do it according to the laws?

Put yourself in their shoes...

Which people would your family going to support and vote for.. The person who is trying to help you while you are following the laws or those who are ignoring you while helping those who are here illegally and broke the laws?

Remember, Illegals can't vote, even legal immigrants who are not citizens can't vote. Only Citizens are legally able to cast a ballot that is counted as a vote. ( Yes, we know, Democrats want non-citizens to be able to vote also as well as illegals. That is why they are against Voter ID Laws. )

In this case, her husband's family were Hillary supporters. They voted for Obama, but not happily. They voted for the Democrats down the line.

This next election, they have said they may not. It all revolves around immigration. They don't want illegals to be given a chance to be here legally on a permanent basis while she is still waiting for her status to be changed.

they NOW have a lawyer. The point is he should have had a lawyer BEFORE marriage.
You can not do it illegally, so the phrase is unreasonable ( they do it legally)

This happens more often than you think - people are cheap and think they know it all and then land up in a stupid situation. A friend of mine being a permanent resident went to his home country and married there instead of inviting the girl here on a fiance visa ( everybody around was advising him not to marry abroad). It took him almost 4 years now in order to get the visa for his wife and now 3 yo son - would she come here as a fiance, his son would immediately be a citizen and his wife though she still will have to wait for him to become a citizen to get her status adjusted would be here legally and not in the other country. But it required some legal paperwork and some fees and he was CHEAP and did not want to spend money. Now he spends three times as much and wasted tons of time. Same with your friend, who, if he is a citizen, married his wife here and she would already be a permanent resident. Those are two different processes - wife married here and abroad.

Similar is with other ways of legalization - it works. But it takes time and money.
===============

I did not ignore the politicization of the issue - I've referred to it in my previous posts - the system is NOT BROKEN and it works, albeit sometimes slower than one would desire ( depends on the country of origin, Mexican and China lines are very slow), but BOTH sides of the isle are in hysteria - "it's broken, we need to fix it" - in order to score political points.
Bush was the first to start it and scored 44% with Latino votes - obviously the democrat-dominated Congress killed it instantaneously.

We do not need any reform - leave it as it is - there is a law and it is working even for illegals. That way the issue won't be over-politicized.

Last edited:
The system is not BROKE.
If your friend won't be CHEAP he would hire an immigration lawyer FIRST and find out that it is much more advisable to bring the woman here on a fiance visa than to marry her abroad.
But he was CHEAP, wasn't he?
and you seem to think that getting a permanent residency is an overnight procedure. Hold your horses - there is a line. And there is a lot of fraud as well - what is wrong that they have to prove they are still married - it is a process and they should go through it.
It seems that you would like some to be more even than the others, because they are your friends.

And that is the point, which you totally either missed or intentionally ignored... Why are the Democrats so intent on helping illegals get to stay here permanently instead of helping those who are trying to do it according to the laws?

Which people would your family going to support and vote for.. The person who is trying to help you while you are following the laws or those who are ignoring you while helping those who are here illegally and broke the laws?

Remember, Illegals can't vote, even legal immigrants who are not citizens can't vote. Only Citizens are legally able to cast a ballot that is counted as a vote. ( Yes, we know, Democrats want non-citizens to be able to vote also as well as illegals. That is why they are against Voter ID Laws. )

In this case, her husband's family were Hillary supporters. They voted for Obama, but not happily. They voted for the Democrats down the line.

This next election, they have said they may not. It all revolves around immigration. They don't want illegals to be given a chance to be here legally on a permanent basis while she is still waiting for her status to be changed.

they NOW have a lawyer. The point is he should have had a lawyer BEFORE marriage.
You can not do it illegally, so the phrase is unreasonable ( they do it legally)

This happens more often than you think - people are cheap and think they know it all and then land up in a stupid situation. A friend of mine being a permanent resident went to his home county and married there instead of inviting the girl here on a fiance visa ( everybody around was advising him not to marry abroad). It took him almost 4 years now in order to get the visa for his wife and now 3 yo son - would she come here as a fiance, his son would immediately be a citizen and his wife though she still will have to wait for him to become a citizen to get her status adjusted would be here legally and not in the other country. But it required some legal paperwork and some fees and he was CHEAP and did not want to spend money. Now he spends three times as much and wasted tons of time. Same with your friend, who, if he is a citizen, married his wife here and she would already be a permanent resident. Those are two different processes - wife married here and abroad.

Similar is with other ways of legalization - it works. But it takes time and money.
===============

I did not ignore the politicization of the issue - I've referred to it in my previous posts - the system is NOT BROKEN and it works, albeit sometimes slower than one would desire ( depends on the country of origin, Mexican and China lines are very slow), but BOTH sides of the isle are in hysteria - "it's broken, we need to fix it" - in order to score political points.
Bush was the first to start it and scored 44% with Latino votes - obviously the democrat-dominated Congress killed it instantaneously.

We do not need any reform - leave it as it is - there is a law and it is working even for illegals. That way the issue won't be over-politicized.

They had the lawyer before the couple got married.

:::shaking head:::::

This happens more often than you think - people are cheap and think they know it all and then land up in a stupid situation. A friend of mine being a permanent resident went to his home county and married there instead of inviting the girl here on a fiance visa ( everybody around was advising him not to marry abroad). It took him almost 4 years now in order to get the visa for his wife and now 3 yo son - would she come here as a fiance, his son would immediately be a citizen and his wife though she still will have to wait for him to become a citizen to get her status adjusted would be here legally and not in the other country. But it required some legal paperwork and some fees and he was CHEAP and did not want to spend money. Now he spends three times as much and wasted tons of time. Same with your friend, who, if he is a citizen, married his wife here and she would already be a permanent resident. Those are two different processes - wife married here and abroad.

===============

Vox next Response: "No they didn't they were married before they had the lawyer"

then it was a bad lawyer. I am not one and even I know that is the most stupid thing to marry abroad instead of inviting your fiance and marry here.
Going through immigration interview is on the other hand much easier abroad than here :D
But that is a whole different issue.

Vox next Response: "No they didn't they were married before they had the lawyer"

No, but them choosing a bad lawyer and going the more difficult way does not prove the system is broken and needs overhaul.
They will have to wait even longer if it is "overhauled"

If a farmer needs 50 laborers to bring in his crop, and no Americans show up to do the job, and the government only allows him 20 legal immigrant laborers, then he has no choice but to use 30 illegals to fill out his labor force.

This is analagous to what is seriously fucked up about our current immigration system.

If a farmer needs 50 laborers to bring in his crop, and no Americans show up to do the job, and the government only allows him 20 legal immigrant laborers, then he has no choice but to use 30 illegals to fill out his labor force.

This is analagous to what is seriously fucked up about our current immigration system.

he is absolutely able to petition for those laborers and make them legal. Or invite them from abroad - the system allows that and is working. The laborers would need to file taxes and the farmer will have some IRS headaches as well.

Nobody wants to do it legally, though - because it is cheaper to do it illegally.
But it has nothing to do with system being "broken". It is not.

A good way to weed-out people who are causing damage to the U.S. is to deport all Muslims and Libberhoids. That would be a tremendous start.

Immigrants are our lifeblood. We need immigrants to keep America strong.
Today's "immigrants" don't give a shit about contributing. They care about the free benefits Uncle Sam hands out.

Our immigration system is beyond dysfunctional, and everyone in government knows it.
You're right...it is. No one wants to enforce the laws already on the books. And those that do get labelled "racist", so they stop enforcing the law as well. And then we have a president who decides which laws he chooses to enforce while granting de-facto amnesty to a certain group of "immigrants".

We need to attract the brightest of the bright. India is right now producing more engineers than India has jobs for. So let's bring them beautiful darkie bastards here and put them to good use inventing and innovating. That's what will save 'Merka.

We should be educating our workforce for the jobs of tomorrow, not protecting the low skilled roof shingling shit jobs of yesterday.
You do know you've contradicted your own post, right? You say we should "attract the best and the brightest" from all over the world, and then you go on to say "we should be educating our workforce".

So which is it? Import more High Tech workers from the 3rd world or train American Tech workers?

Why is securing the border not a good policy? Is it better to have people entering the country illegally and drug lords terrorizing our border?

Letting in 50 million voters who are presumed to be democrat voters isn't going to help the GOP.

50 million?

I love how you assholes just make shit up. You never learn, do you.

And, gee, is it any wonder immigrants will end up voting Democratic and not for the party which so clearly hates them? You fucking bigoted idiots ruining the GOP are missing a golden opportunity. These are hard-working, deeply religious, family oriented people. Everything the GOP claims to be about. But you choose to shit in their faces instead, negatively stereotyping them. Vomiting endless confirmation bias. Brilliant strategy!

Like I said. The stupidity is snowballing.

You are the stupid fuck kid, supporting "legal" immigration isn't "hating" anyone.

You open borders people are the morons.

But the Wall Street Journal is part of the Rupert Murdoch right wing media empire as the left calls so how is a op-Ed like this possible? Maybe just maybe that right wing stuff is bull.

gotta love it......

Republicans between a rock and a hard place on immigration reform

Any way you cut it, they lose

Seems like you actually read the article. Most on here just read the headline and then react, as you see.

I wonder if they know that TWSJ is owned by...[gasp]...Rupert Murdock?

But the Wall Street Journal is part of the Rupert Murdoch right wing media empire as the left calls so how is a op-Ed like this possible? Maybe just maybe that right wing stuff is bull.

Considering that pages 9-10 of the WSJ is what I call the "Why We Hate Obama" section, otherwise known as the Op-Ed in other newspapers, I don't think it's bull.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbtY8OU_cuc]BREAKING: Reagan Supports Immigration Fix - YouTube[/ame]

^^Confirmation that the right must all say the same things or it confuses the lemmings

Considering that pages 9-10 of the WSJ is what I call the "Why We Hate Obama" section, otherwise known as the Op-Ed in other newspapers, I don't think it's bull.

Of course you don't but I suspect you feel liberal media bias is bull.

Forum List

Back