🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

WTF Happened To Calendars?

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
For the last three (3) years I've had to hunt high and low for a dang calendar......back in the day, I used to get them in the mail.....3 or 4 of them, maybe more....and FREE so the product or pinup would draw attention throughout the year....cheap advertising....now?

calendar82deer1.jpg

I went to a Target today to find one....hey, it's still JANUARY right? Found a stocker who couldn't hide before I confronted him...."where's the calendars"? I says. He gives me the mechanic's shrug and points off into the inner-aisles. "Thanks for nuthin" I mutter. Not even on the end-caps....WTF? :banghead:

So I ask a cashier...she points over in the $1 section by the door...remember now, I'd already covered maybe 3/4 of a mile wandering around the store and was now told to look by the door. So I did. And I found my calendar....for $1....of Arizona desert scenes...so what's the moral of this tale? Who knows. :dunno: Just seems nothing is easy anymore....I miss common sense.

Last edited:
For the last three (3) years I've had to hunt high and low for a dang calender......back in the day, I used to get them in the mail.....3 or 4 of them, maybe more....and FREE so the product or pinup would draw attention throughout the year....cheap advertising....now?

calendar82deer1.jpg

I went to a Target today to find one....hey, it's still JANUARY right? Found a stocker who couldn't hide before I confronted him...."where's the calenders"? I says. He gives me the mechanic's shrug and points off into the inner-aisles. "Thanks for nuthin" I mutter. Not even on the end-caps....WTF? :banghead:

So I ask a cashier...she points over in the $1 section by the door...remember now, I'd already covered maybe 3/4 of a mile wandering around the store and was now told to look by the door. So I did. And I found my calender....for $1....of Arizona desert scenes...so what's the moral of this tale? Who knows. :dunno: Just seems nothing is easy anymore....I miss common sense.

Calendars are one of the things I miss about "the good old days".

I get mine free from the Pharmacy, along with a planting guide.

But I miss those big old style outdoor calendars you could just get lost in!

• Banned
Calendars are one of the things I miss about "the good old days".

I get mine free from the Pharmacy, along with a planting guide.

But I miss those big old style outdoor calendars you could just get lost in!

Seems like companies competed to get their wall calendar in your office or shop...now you can't find one for under $8 which I will never pay.....I'm okay for 2015 but next year, maybe even the $1 section won't have one.

Last edited:
Joke, right?

CalendArs are everywhere you look. Before the end of the year, I got a gazillion in the mail and passed them on to students at the university.

Why don't you just buy one?

Or, if you just cannot find one among the many millions available, you've got one on your smart phone.

Gaawd, this doodette guy is weird.

• Banned
Joke, right?

CalendArs are everywhere you look. Before the end of the year, I got a gazillion in the mail and passed them on to students at the university.

Or, if you just cannot find one among the many millions available, you've got one on your smart phone.

The village idiot appears and goes SPELLING NAZI on me.....I don't think I'd be interested in the kind of calendArs you get, Lovely.....

For the last three (3) years I've had to hunt high and low for a dang calender......back in the day, I used to get them in the mail.....3 or 4 of them, maybe more....and FREE so the product or pinup would draw attention throughout the year....cheap advertising....now?

calendar82deer1.jpg

I went to a Target today to find one....hey, it's still JANUARY right? Found a stocker who couldn't hide before I confronted him...."where's the calenders"? I says. He gives me the mechanic's shrug and points off into the inner-aisles. "Thanks for nuthin" I mutter. Not even on the end-caps....WTF? :banghead:

So I ask a cashier...she points over in the $1 section by the door...remember now, I'd already covered maybe 3/4 of a mile wandering around the store and was now told to look by the door. So I did. And I found my calender....for $1....of Arizona desert scenes...so what's the moral of this tale? Who knows. :dunno: Just seems nothing is easy anymore....I miss common sense.

Simple, pick ONE nonprofit like USO that gives out annual calendars that you WANT to get each year.
And they will mail them to you. USO is great, they will send a full size calendar and also a pocket planner
in advance where you don't have to go hunting for one. It will come to you. And USO is a great cause.

If you like animals or environment, I'm sure there are similar nonprofits that will send you calendars to remind you to donate.

• Banned
Simple, pick ONE nonprofit like USO that gives out annual calendars that you WANT to get each year.
And they will mail them to you. USO is great, they will send a full size calendar and also a pocket planner
in advance where you don't have to go hunting for one. It will come to you. And USO is a great cause.

If you like animals or environment, I'm sure there are similar nonprofits that will send you calendars to remind you to donate.

Thanks! :)

I like the kind that lists everything from Good Friday to Groundhog Day.....I'll have to start looking in December from now on.

Calendars? There right next to the newspaper rack.

calendar82deer1.jpg

I'm a professional photographer. I make calendars every year. They go very fast. If I had known you needed one I would have made one available for you.

My calendars have either landscapes and landmarks or musicians and actors.

I've been in front of stages and backstage photographing musicians for 35 years. I started covering film festivals in 2008 so I've photographed many actors, actresses, producers, writers and directors.

If you don't want to go through that hassle next year contact me and I'll send you one. It will cost more than a dollar though.

Joke, right?

Notice he said the Target Employee tried to hide from him? Wonder why?

calendar82deer1.jpg

This is true.

We get one from every non-profit we donate to.

You've got a vintage 1982 posted -- that's one way. I'm running my 2006 editions right now.

Usually I go to a Books-a-Million or B Dalton after the New Year passes and pick up what's left over and they're like 60% off.

There are always a shit ton at bookstores. I also saw quite a few at Bed Bath and Beyond last time I was there.

Wouldn't you think Walmart would put the 2015 calendars on sale since half the first month is gone? Nope, they still run around $4 and change. I used to get a bunch of free ones but I'm down to one this year if you don't count the single page full year with my name on it from something called the Arbor Day foundation.

I am a printer.
Calendars. It is a love/hate thing for all printers.
Every year we print 100,000's of them. By November we are ready to shoot the next person who decides to do another damn pet calendar.

Now..
Dana7360
Next year look me up...I LOVE printing calendars for photographers, it is soooo refreshing to print one that actually looks awesome.

10394087_872553519423289_4574921230371535109_n.jpg

Forum List

Back