WTF? Toronto Mayor after the carnage committed today reminds us "that we are inclusive"

When I say "justified", I mean that I understand why they feel that.

It does not serve a purpose, but I understand why they would feel that.

Does that make it clearer?
You don't understand the meaning of justified. It has to do with justice, not empathy.

Justify

transitive verb
to prove or show to be just, right, or reasonable

I was using it in the "reasonable" sense, not the "just" sense. But I apologize for confusing you.
Apology accepted. :)

How can hating Hitler be reasonable and serve no purpose?

I don't understand why you can't see the answer to your question.

The fact that it is reasonable to expect someone whose family has been killed to hate the man behind it is unrelated to whether or not that hatred serves an external purpose.
If it serves no purpose then it is the opposite of reasonable. It is unreasonable. It is unjustified.

It serves an internal purpose. It makes one feel better, in a roundabout way.

It serves no external purpose. In fact, hatred can only make you act worse - it can never make you act better.

You don't understand the meaning of justified. It has to do with justice, not empathy.

Justify

transitive verb

I was using it in the "reasonable" sense, not the "just" sense. But I apologize for confusing you.

The fact that it is reasonable to expect someone whose family has been killed to hate the man behind it is unrelated to whether or not that hatred serves an external purpose.
If it serves no purpose then it is the opposite of reasonable. It is unreasonable. It is unjustified.

It serves no external purpose. In fact, hatred can only make you act worse - it can never make you act better.
Define WAR..............

Justify

transitive verb

Define WAR..............

War is the physical projection of political power.

Justify

transitive verb

As an external factor hatred can be a great motivator.

Did any of your relatives actually fight the Nazis? Because that would have been justifiable in every sense.

Justify

transitive verb

Did any of your relatives actually fight the Nazis? Because that would have been justifiable in every sense.

Yes. My grandfather, and his three brothers, and my grandmother's two brothers.

And of course it was justified. As far as I'm concerned, it was the last just war we've fought.

But that doesn't have anything to do with hatred.

Define WAR..............

PC version of course..................it can't be that they decided to kill each other because they dislike..........or shall I say ...........HATE each other....

When all reasonable political negotiation is exhausted.................Nations and people go to WAR.........aka kill each other....

Are they sending love notes to each other when they kill each other..................you know what I'm implying.

Define WAR..............

PC version of course..................it can't be that they decided to kill each other because they dislike..........or shall I say ...........HATE each other....

When all reasonable political negotiation is exhausted.................Nations and people go to WAR.........aka kill each other....

Are they sending love notes to each other when they kill each other..................you know what I'm implying.

:lol:

"PC" doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

War does not happen because of hatred - hatred is what rulers use to sell war to the population.

And of course it was justified. As far as I'm concerned, it was the last just war we've fought.

LOL you've really got your thinking cap on tonight.

Did any of these brave fighters kill them some Nazis?

You know what, I'm wrong.

Hatred does serve an external purpose - a bad one.

It helps convince a man to pull the trigger and kill another man because his rulers want him to.

Define WAR..............

War does not happen because of hatred - hatred is what rulers use to sell war to the population.
So no nations go to War because they simply HATE EACH OTHER..............LOL

Absolutely.

I'm still not understanding why this makes hatred a good thing.

It helps convince a man to pull the trigger and kill another man because his rulers want him to.
As I already told you, as an external factor hatred is a great motivator.

Define WAR..............

No.

That's not how it works. Countries don't go to war because they hate each other - they go to war for land, money or religion.

The greatest generation went to War to pull the trigger on a madman...........not because their RULERS wanted him to..........

They did it to take Hitler the hell out............and many of them hated Germans because of it......Not all Germans were bad..........but they had to go because of what their country was doing.............

As I already told you, as an external factor hatred is a great motivator.

Ok, I'll concede that point.

Hatred is useful to despots to "motivate" their soldiers.

Define WAR..............

No.

That's not how it works. Countries don't go to war because they hate each other - they go to war for land, money or religion.
That's a matter of opinion.............you really got to be pissed at each other to go to War...............so here again.......you are trying to Sterilize War Doc.

Bandage please..............

Absolutely.

Yeah...never said it was.

It's a great motivator. It's what Dems have been using ever since Trump scorched the pantsuit off of Hillary.

Absolutely.

Yeah...never said it was.

It's a great motivator. It's what Dems have been using ever since Trump scorched the pantsuit off of Hillary.
I agree.........and many on the left openly admit they HATE TRUMP............and politically they go to War....

Perhaps Doc should council them............LOL

The greatest generation went to War to pull the trigger on a madman...........not because their RULERS wanted him to..........

They did it to take Hitler the hell out............and many of them hated Germans because of it......Not all Germans were bad..........but they had to go because of what their country was doing.............

The US didn't enter the war until the Nazis had almost conquered the entire continent of Europe - because American conservatives didn't want us to get involved.

Russia beat the Nazis, not us.

We did beat the Japanese, though.

The US didn't enter the war until the Nazis had almost conquered the entire continent of Europe - because American conservatives didn't want us to get involved.

Russia beat the Nazis, not us.

We did beat the Japanese, though.
LOL..........while Russia tied up the larger armies of Germany......we bombed them day and night and crushed their industry.........Russia paid a huge price in numbers.............but we played a significant part in taking them out...............

Forum List

Back