Wyoming's proposed anti-LGBT law

The gay couple can get another baker to bake the cake.

Why? How is that right?
Should we also sit at the back of the bus and be denied a seat at the lunch counter?
Sheesh!

A lunch counter is an actual Public Accommodation.
No more or less than any other Public business with customers.

Nope. Contracted services were never considered PA's until recently.
Are contracted services businesses required to have business licenses?

Can business law overturn constitutional rights without a compelling government interest?

Force? No. Require by law? Yes!

Requiring something by law is using force. You agree a $143k fine for not making one cake is justified?

I agree that sanctions for discrimination are justified.

you dodge the question. Is $143k fine and the ruining of the business an acceptable punishment for not baking a cake?

How about we make political affiliation a protected class, and make some hipster baker make "WE LOVE TRUMP" cakes?

Cool with me

I seriously doubt that. But your glee for government force is noted.

It makes you a coward unwilling to fight your own fights.

Lol!
You do not know me, or what fights I've fought.
You know not

That's it exactly, Marty, local elities can't block civil rights.

Period.

So, if the WY lege passes it and the Gov signs it, the legislation then goes to federal court and will be overturned.

Waste of the taxpayers' money.

Depends on the Court.

Still the fault of the LGBT progressive extremists who feel the need to force their views on others.

Yes, if you're not straight, white, male and conservative, you have no right to expect any rights whatsoever, because the US is a straight while male nation, for straight white males only.

You have the common spin from whackos down-pat.
But how about this for zero semantic simplicity; act right, act legitimate to be treated legitimately...act like an equal for equality. I know, I know, you'll spin the shit out of that too but anyone with the ability to reason knows exactly what that means.
REMEMBER....pedophiles aren't oppressed because they can't practice pedophilia.

Requiring something by law is using force. You agree a $143k fine for not making one cake is justified?

you dodge the question. Is $143k fine and the ruining of the business an acceptable punishment for not baking a cake?

How about we make political affiliation a protected class, and make some hipster baker make "WE LOVE TRUMP" cakes?

Cool with me

Thus says a poster who will not even make the effort to fight PA laws beyond whining about it on the internet. I've asked you on numerous occasions what you have done personally to get the PA laws in your state repealed.

again with this argument. I guess I shouldn't want firefighters to fight fires unless I am willing to become a firefighter....

That's basically the logic of your response.

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

I know your a cheap, progressive dime store hack, that I can get from your posts.

Then they put up a sign for all to see that they don't cater to weddings.......

They can still cater to certain weddings. Would you force a caterer who specializes in Jewish weddings to cater a Christian one?

The fine is reasonable....especially considering it is only about HALF of what a Dentist in the same state had to pay for discriminating against someone based on THEIR religion. Same PA law.

it is completely unreasonable, but you just like it because it ruins people you hate.
Seriously? Now you want to go to a personal attack. Shows the weakness of your argument, you know.

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

I know your a cheap, progressive dime store hack, that I can get from your posts.
Still with dropping any appearance of adult debate and going personal attacks now.

Cool with me

Thus says a poster who will not even make the effort to fight PA laws beyond whining about it on the internet. I've asked you on numerous occasions what you have done personally to get the PA laws in your state repealed.

again with this argument. I guess I shouldn't want firefighters to fight fires unless I am willing to become a firefighter....

That isn't even close to being a legitimate comparison. A better one would be.....you have a problem with State law requiring Fire Departments to hire women....and yet you will do nothing to get those laws changed.....just complain on the internet which is easy and effortless.....requires no work on your part.

Period.

So, if the WY lege passes it and the Gov signs it, the legislation then goes to federal court and will be overturned.

Depends on the Court.

Still the fault of the LGBT progressive extremists who feel the need to force their views on others.
Sorry to hear that someone tried to force you to be gay.

Sorry someone may ask you to spend 5 minutes going to another baker.
So....a business that seeks to open and gets a business license from the state isn't obligated to follow the business laws?
Of course they are. The solution is to change the law which is what HB135 is going to do.

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

No hack. Actually was in the streets for years as an activist.
Lost blood, but never took it.
Suffered beatings, but never gave them.
You've likely done nothing, ever.
Oh, and learn how to spell.

Depends on the Court.

Sorry to hear that someone tried to force you to be gay.

Sorry someone may ask you to spend 5 minutes going to another baker.
So....a business that seeks to open and gets a business license from the state isn't obligated to follow the business laws?

Any law cannot override constitutional protections. People have a right to free exercise of religion, and that right does not go away just because they want to sell something.

No one has the right to claim religion as a reason to legitimize hate and discrimination.
There is no right to public discrimination.
If you open a public business, you are OBLIGATED to serve the public - period.
Is there a complaint that a homosexual went to a bakery and could not get baked goods?

No.

The obligation has been satisfied in every respect.

Period.

That position, though correct, is weakened by the states that defy federal immigration law and create "sanctuary cities" where illegal immigrants are protected from our law. If it is legitimate for states to defy federal authority in one area, they can surely do so in another.

They can still cater to certain weddings. Would you force a caterer who specializes in Jewish weddings to cater a Christian one?

The fine is reasonable....especially considering it is only about HALF of what a Dentist in the same state had to pay for discriminating against someone based on THEIR religion. Same PA law.

it is completely unreasonable, but you just like it because it ruins people you hate.
Seriously? Now you want to go to a personal attack. Shows the weakness of your argument, you know.

how is that a personal attack?

Calling you a dried up cow, now THAT's a personal attack.

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

Still with dropping any appearance of adult debate and going personal attacks now.

After 5 pages of the same thing over and over, it adds spice to the conversation.

Cool with me

That isn't even close to being a legitimate comparison. A better one would be.....you have a problem with State law requiring Fire Departments to hire women....and yet you will do nothing to get those laws changed.....just complain on the internet which is easy and effortless.....requires no work on your part.

Nope. I do vote for candidates I think would be amenable to restricting PA laws to actual PA's. and I would support an organization that thinks along my lines, but right now the main sides are "Repeal them all" or "make every person a slave to the government", without anything in the middle.

Period.

Depends on the Court.

Yes, if you're not straight, white, male and conservative, you have no right to expect any rights whatsoever, because the US is a straight while male nation, for straight white males only.

You have the common spin from whackos down-pat.
But how about this for zero semantic simplicity; act right, act legitimate to be treated legitimately...act like an equal for equality. I know, I know, you'll spin the shit out of that too but anyone with the ability to reason knows exactly what that means.
REMEMBER....pedophiles aren't oppressed because they can't practice pedophilia.
Are you one of those throw-backs equating gays with pedophiles?

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

After 5 pages of the same thing over and over, it adds spice to the conversation.
Oh....is that your excuse?

Cool with me

Lol!
You know not

No hack. Actually was in the streets for years as an activist.
Lost blood, but never took it.
Suffered beatings, but never gave them.
You've likely done nothing, ever.
Oh, and learn how to spell.

oooh, an "activist", I'm sceeeeered....Did you march with those annoying paper mache heads, or the "Boooosh is evul" posters and pretend to think you mattered?

and a spelling nazi as well. My view of you has been confirmed.

Lol!
You know not

Oh....is that your excuse?

No, it's my explanation, no excuses needed.

Obviously this OP and fellow Democrats will intentionally distort what the bill actually says. However, i don't get why so many Republicans obsess over the gay issue. I mean, so some people are gay? Not the end of the world. Republicans gotta get past it. Gay folks have the right to pursue happiness too. Life is so short. Let em have their happiness. Republicans should let it go.

Forum List

Back