Wyoming's proposed anti-LGBT law

Im in no way doing that. I just said there should be no discrimination from the institution, Mr. illiterate.

Jim Crow was ALLOWED in the South, not necessarily mandated. You want to ALLOW a business to refuse service to people of color. That is your support for allowing Jim Crow to come back.
Jim Crow was institutional discrimination. It was ENFORCED by the govt. That's some bullshit.
A business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Its THEIR PROPERTY. Involuntary servitude is against the constitution.
I don't want jim crow back, that's a stupid thing to say. And quit ignorant. I just PA laws, state and federal, to go away. In the least, Federal.

Here is where I disagree with TN, when it comes to actual PA's, restaurants, Movie theaters, point of sale grocery stores, where the public is explicitly invited onto your property, localities should be able to enforce "commerce for all". Where I disagree with progressives is extending that to every form of business out there.
where the public is explicitly invited onto your property
Wouldn't that include just about every business?

Nope. When you contract a bakery to provide a service outside of "walk in, pick up non-customized cake, walk out" the public isn't being invited into a common area for a transaction.

A good example is say a hotel rents rooms for the night, and also rents out catering space. Said hotel should not be permitted to deny a nightly room for anyone based on things like color, creed, orientation or even political views, but they should be able to control who they rent out their catering space to.
Gotcha
I don't agree lol.

Jim Crow was ALLOWED in the South, not necessarily mandated. You want to ALLOW a business to refuse service to people of color. That is your support for allowing Jim Crow to come back.
Jim Crow was institutional discrimination. It was ENFORCED by the govt. That's some bullshit.
A business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Its THEIR PROPERTY. Involuntary servitude is against the constitution.
I don't want jim crow back, that's a stupid thing to say. And quit ignorant. I just PA laws, state and federal, to go away. In the least, Federal.

Here is where I disagree with TN, when it comes to actual PA's, restaurants, Movie theaters, point of sale grocery stores, where the public is explicitly invited onto your property, localities should be able to enforce "commerce for all". Where I disagree with progressives is extending that to every form of business out there.

Nope. When you contract a bakery to provide a service outside of "walk in, pick up non-customized cake, walk out" the public isn't being invited into a common area for a transaction.

A good example is say a hotel rents rooms for the night, and also rents out catering space. Said hotel should not be permitted to deny a nightly room for anyone based on things like color, creed, orientation or even political views, but they should be able to control who they rent out their catering space to.
Gotcha
I don't agree lol.

I know. You are more absolutist on property rights than I am. that is your right.

Im in no way doing that. I just said there should be no discrimination from the institution, Mr. illiterate.

Yes.

No.

From a friend in Wyoming:

The Wyoming State Legislature is considering a bill that, if passed, would become the most oppressive and wide-ranging anti-LGBT law in the nation. It would allow social workers to deny aid, teachers to not teach, health care workers to deny service not only to individuals that identify as LGBT, but their children as well. And that is just part of the bill... this bill tells our LGBT brothers and sisters that they are not worthy to receive services a straight cisgendered individual can receive.

HB-135 is scheduled to be voted upon by the Wyoming House Judiciary Committee this week, its first step toward becoming law. Please call and/or email members of this committee (contact info pasted below) and tell them to VOTE NO ON HB-135. No hate in the equality state!

Remember: Be firm but polite; introduce yourself and say where you're from; make your message personal.

Wyoming House Judiciary Committee -
Dan Kirkbride (Chugwater)
Cell - (307) 331-2265
[email protected]

Mark Baker (Rock Springs)
Cell - (307) 371-5113
[email protected]

Bo Biteman (Ranchester)
Cell - (307) 763-7613
[email protected]

Mark Jennings (Sheridan)
Cell - (307) 461-0697
[email protected]

Jared Olsen (Cheyenne)
Cell - (307) 509-0242
[email protected]

Charles Pelkey (Laramie)
Cell - (307) 920-0542
[email protected]

Bill Pownall (Gillette)
Home - (307) 682-4148
[email protected]

Tim Salazar (Dubois)
Cell - (307) 220-1213
[email protected]

Nathan Winters (Thermopolis)
Home - (307) 864-3690
[email protected]
Are we suppose to take your word on this?
Or is this you playing jeane dixon again? :funnyface:

That's it exactly, Marty, local elities can't block civil rights.

Period.

So, if the WY lege passes it and the Gov signs it, the legislation then goes to federal court and will be overturned.

Waste of the taxpayers' money.

Depends on the Court.

Still the fault of the LGBT progressive extremists who feel the need to force their views on others.
Sorry to hear that someone tried to force you to be gay.

Sorry someone may ask you to spend 5 minutes going to another baker.
So....a business that seeks to open and gets a business license from the state isn't obligated to follow the business laws?

Any law cannot override constitutional protections. People have a right to free exercise of religion, and that right does not go away just because they want to sell something.
Not a free "Exercise" at all: restrictions do apply. You can believe in religious human sacrifice but you can't practice. There is no constitutional right to a baker in the public service without restriction.

Period.

So, if the WY lege passes it and the Gov signs it, the legislation then goes to federal court and will be overturned.

Depends on the Court.

Still the fault of the LGBT progressive extremists who feel the need to force their views on others.

So....a business that seeks to open and gets a business license from the state isn't obligated to follow the business laws?

Any law cannot override constitutional protections. People have a right to free exercise of religion, and that right does not go away just because they want to sell something.

No one has the right to claim religion as a reason to legitimize hate and discrimination.
There is no right to public discrimination.
If you open a public business, you are OBLIGATED to serve the public - period.

that discrimination was never as systemic as racial discrimination in the South, and was not against as large of a population. Gays also had the advantage of "hiding in plain sight" that blacks never had, unless they could "pass".
And when was it a felony to be black? Because until the 1960's sodomy was a felony in every state. And you know very well that even in the states where sodomy was illegal for heterosexuals as well, that it was never enforced to near the degree of their use as anti-gay laws.

If some baker didn't want to serve blacks, and there were plenty of bakers around to cover it, why not just let the market handle it?
I'm not aware of that ever working, can you give an example

But where were you and other Christians when Muslim taxi drivers were fined for refusing to transport passengers with alcohol or dogs? Where will you stand when a Muslim refuses service to a woman who isn't properly covered?

Yes, and those laws were wrong and should have been repealed. Government should not be in someone's bedroom, just as it shouldn't be in someone's bakery unless the discrimination is systemic and has a definitive economic impact.
Government should not be in someone's bakery? So you are opposed to a business like a bakery having to follow health standards of the Health department too.

Yes.

No.
Yes.

LaVell Edwards the legendary byu coach once said,"I'd rather lose to Wyoming than live there."
You don't think that didn't intensify that rivalry.

Period.

Depends on the Court.

So a business is a person? Sounds like you are against all business laws.......yes? Health? Safety?

Depends on the Court.

No one has the right to claim religion as a reason to legitimize hate and discrimination.
There is no right to public discrimination.
If you open a public business, you are OBLIGATED to serve the public - period.
You shouldn't have to have a reason for being who you are.
What shouldn't happen, is being forced against your will.

The Wyoming State Legislature is considering a bill that, if passed, would become the most oppressive and wide-ranging anti-LGBT law in the nation. It would allow social workers to deny aid, teachers to not teach, health care workers to deny service not only to individuals that identify as LGBT, but their children as well. And that is just part of the bill... this bill tells our LGBT brothers and sisters that they are not worthy to receive services a straight cisgendered individual can receive.

HB-135 is scheduled to be voted upon by the Wyoming House Judiciary Committee this week, its first step toward becoming law. Please call and/or email members of this committee (contact info pasted below) and tell them to VOTE NO ON HB-135. No hate in the equality state!

Remember: Be firm but polite; introduce yourself and say where you're from; make your message personal.

Cell - (307) 331-2265
[email protected]

Cell - (307) 371-5113
[email protected]

Bo Biteman (Ranchester)
Cell - (307) 763-7613
[email protected]

Mark Jennings (Sheridan)
Cell - (307) 461-0697
[email protected]

Jared Olsen (Cheyenne)
Cell - (307) 509-0242
[email protected]

Charles Pelkey (Laramie)
Cell - (307) 920-0542
[email protected]

Bill Pownall (Gillette)
Home - (307) 682-4148
[email protected]

Tim Salazar (Dubois)
Cell - (307) 220-1213
[email protected]

Home - (307) 864-3690
[email protected]

This is what you get when you use courts to force gay marriage on places that don't want it, and force non-essential businesses to either "bake or die".

When your side becomes unreasonable, don't be surprised when the other side does the exact same thing.
Since when is the LBGT community not entitled to the same rights and protections as any other American

They may be entitled to it, but their rights do not automatically outweigh the rights of others, as in a right of a baker to not participate in a ceremony it finds sinful.

BS

Nice retort, jackass.

No, honest.
You are the one who resorted to insulting epithets.
If you wish to open a business that discriminates against anyone, make it a members only business. You'll still face law suits, but...

Yes.

No.
Yes.

No. (i can go on like this)

Depends on the Court.

Not a free "Exercise" at all: restrictions do apply. You can believe in religious human sacrifice but you can't practice. There is no constitutional right to a baker in the public service without restriction.

It's not about no restriction, its about the least invasive response to a given restriction. Fining them $143k and forcing them out of business is not the least invasive response. Having the gay couple go to another baker is.

Cell - (307) 331-2265
[email protected]

Cell - (307) 371-5113
[email protected]

Bo Biteman (Ranchester)
Cell - (307) 763-7613
[email protected]

Mark Jennings (Sheridan)
Cell - (307) 461-0697
[email protected]

Jared Olsen (Cheyenne)
Cell - (307) 509-0242
[email protected]

Charles Pelkey (Laramie)
Cell - (307) 920-0542
[email protected]

Bill Pownall (Gillette)
Home - (307) 682-4148
[email protected]

Tim Salazar (Dubois)
Cell - (307) 220-1213
[email protected]

Home - (307) 864-3690
[email protected]

AWESOME!
Good for Wyoming...let the majority of citizens call the shots.
The worst thing gays and lesbians ever did was tie themselves to the mentally disabled Trans loons. Legit American's are convinced there's no end to the madness and they're stopping the anything goes bullshit right now. That's what happens when you're given an inch of acceptance and you keep pushing for the mile. Legit American's know it's just a matter of time before loons lobby to add the "P" and the "Z" to the forever growing acronym of whack-jobs.
First there was N.A.M.B.L.A. and now we have LGBT...haha...back to the closet you go koooks!

Last edited:
Yes.

No.
Yes.

No. (i can go on like this)
Yes.....a bakery has a unlocked door and probably an "OPEN" sign....inviting people in. That's how businesses make money.....customers.

that discrimination was never as systemic as racial discrimination in the South, and was not against as large of a population. Gays also had the advantage of "hiding in plain sight" that blacks never had, unless they could "pass".
And when was it a felony to be black? Because until the 1960's sodomy was a felony in every state. And you know very well that even in the states where sodomy was illegal for heterosexuals as well, that it was never enforced to near the degree of their use as anti-gay laws.

If some baker didn't want to serve blacks, and there were plenty of bakers around to cover it, why not just let the market handle it?
I'm not aware of that ever working, can you give an example

But where were you and other Christians when Muslim taxi drivers were fined for refusing to transport passengers with alcohol or dogs? Where will you stand when a Muslim refuses service to a woman who isn't properly covered?

Yes, and those laws were wrong and should have been repealed. Government should not be in someone's bedroom, just as it shouldn't be in someone's bakery unless the discrimination is systemic and has a definitive economic impact.
Government should not be in someone's bakery? So you are opposed to a business like a bakery having to follow health standards of the Health department too.

Argumentum ad absurdum. And health standards in general are not usually against a religion. Now if the health standards ban Halal slaughter, that would be an issue, and has been an issue in several locations. Are you in favor of health regulations that ban Halal slaughter?

Also, take the freedom issue up with the raw milk people, who have to fight government to get a product they want, they agree may be a risk, but can't get it due to health regulations. Also look up un pasturized cheese fights.

Forum List

Back