🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

Your sloppy and willful thinking in a selective minority-driven list of cites ignores the sweep and breadth of the American narrative. Yet you disregard the truth of what I wrote above.

You need to start reading reputable material. Begin with Waldman's Founding Faith.

"Whether in legal briefs or op-ed articles, we are as passionate about religion as the founders were. Unfortunately, our passions make for a lot of sloppy and willful historical thinking and writing. In “Founding Faith,” Steven Waldman, a veteran journalist and co-founder of Beliefnet.com, a religious Web site, surveys the convictions and legacy of the founders clearly and fairly, with a light touch but a careful eye." http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/books/review/Brookhiser-t.html

The article you cite was published in 2008, which is too late to have any relevance, having been tainted by the revisionist doctrines you subscribe to.

Much has been made of Jefferson's copy of the Alcoran of Mohammed, but one need only seek out the copy and read the first few pages to understand the permeation of Christian beliefs in society at the time it was written. It is obvious to even the casual observer that our once great nation is in demise due to the abandonment of Christian doctrines and, if actions speak louder than words, our nation is no longer a Christian nation. However, this does not change history. Our nation was founded by Christian men on Christian principles, with the most sacred of teachings being that our rights are derived from the Creator (capital C). As this belief slowly erodes, we are left with a society in which human rights are granted by the state. One only has to look around at how quickly rights that come from another human with a fancy hat can be disposed of. You and other atheist revisionist like yourself, love to quote Jefferson, albeit, out of context. Jefferson was but one of many founders, and due to his liberal religious leanings, was at times very much anti-Christian. And why not, after having been subject to the religious oppression of England, two camps emerged: One that chose to redefine their beliefs and practice Christianity according to the Bible and not the oppressive church doctrines and the other, that leaned towards abandoning Christianity entirely. This is very much akin to many in the atheist movement today. They are not true atheist in the sense the merely don't believe in God, but are souls that have developed an intense hatred for Him. The source of this hatred can be many things, including a horrendous tragedy they cannot make sense of, an inability to reconcile evil in the world, or perhaps a same sex attraction that ostracizes them from their family. These are the militant atheists that seek to destroy all belief systems that would dare to mention God, for their anger with God is intense. They attack Christians at every turn, and make it their personal mission of hate to distort, discredit and demonize religion. They do not believe in freedom of religion, nor freedom from religion, but seek a world in which the mere mention of God's name would be outlawed.

For your reference:

The Koran: or, Alcoran of Mohammed

Fundies have a habit of purposely lying to further their religious beliefs.

“Our nation was founded by Christian men on Christian principles, with the most sacred of teachings being that our rights are derived from the Creator (capital C).”

What “creator” would that be? It certainly is not the Christian “creator” gods as the Founding Fathers made no mention of Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

It has already been argued and long ago acknowledged that the concept of men's religious beliefs were part and parcel of the founding of the country. However, the wording of the Constitution is clearly meant to encompass numerous beliefs, extant at the time, to cover the general consensus of beliefs. Hence, deistic terms like "Creator" and "Nature's God", "divine Providence" and the quite evident lack of reference to Jesus and Yahweh (despite robust debate to include them). The closest reference is to a "Supreme Judge", but of course that could be Amun Ra, couldn't it?

Oh, you have done it now, Hollie. logical4u will hunt you to the ends of the earth for telling the truth. :lol:

I have to keep telling logical4u the Trinity has five members: she keeps forgetting that koshergrl is a member.

Perhaps this anit-Christian XTC song from 1986 sums it up best. Am I the only one that can read between the lines? Is it that the author doesn't believe in God? Or rather, their idea of what God should be doing or who is representing him doesn't fit?

"hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image, see
Them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get
Enough to eat from God, I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard
Loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
In the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
Mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
A lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
Should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
Image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
So do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
Devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
Letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you
Drown. Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the
Whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound that
Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
And if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon
My sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in

It's you...."

And evil and tragedy make reconciling materialism easier? You may not admit, or even see it, but I do. Let's listen to Wil Provine talk about the philosophical requirements that necessarily flow out of Darwinian theory. Please note the comments on pastors and Christian beliefs on homosexuality. What do his comments say about his past? His motivations for his materialist worldview?

First at 1:35 and then at 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9W1Y_PmhSI

How is all of this relevant to the discussion? Revisionism and the eradication of God from the U.S. Government and history, is deeply rooted in the atheistic materialist worldview. And evolution is one of the primary dogma's of this worldview.

Last edited:
Your sloppy and willful thinking in a selective minority-driven list of cites ignores the sweep and breadth of the American narrative. Yet you disregard the truth of what I wrote above.

You need to start reading reputable material. Begin with Waldman's Founding Faith.

"Whether in legal briefs or op-ed articles, we are as passionate about religion as the founders were. Unfortunately, our passions make for a lot of sloppy and willful historical thinking and writing. In “Founding Faith,” Steven Waldman, a veteran journalist and co-founder of Beliefnet.com, a religious Web site, surveys the convictions and legacy of the founders clearly and fairly, with a light touch but a careful eye." http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/books/review/Brookhiser-t.html

The article you cite was published in 2008, which is too late to have any relevance, having been tainted by the revisionist doctrines you subscribe to.

Much has been made of Jefferson's copy of the Alcoran of Mohammed, but one need only seek out the copy and read the first few pages to understand the permeation of Christian beliefs in society at the time it was written. It is obvious to even the casual observer that our once great nation is in demise due to the abandonment of Christian doctrines and, if actions speak louder than words, our nation is no longer a Christian nation. However, this does not change history. Our nation was founded by Christian men on Christian principles, with the most sacred of teachings being that our rights are derived from the Creator (capital C). As this belief slowly erodes, we are left with a society in which human rights are granted by the state. One only has to look around at how quickly rights that come from another human with a fancy hat can be disposed of. You and other atheist revisionist like yourself, love to quote Jefferson, albeit, out of context. Jefferson was but one of many founders, and due to his liberal religious leanings, was at times very much anti-Christian. And why not, after having been subject to the religious oppression of England, two camps emerged: One that chose to redefine their beliefs and practice Christianity according to the Bible and not the oppressive church doctrines and the other, that leaned towards abandoning Christianity entirely. This is very much akin to many in the atheist movement today. They are not true atheist in the sense the merely don't believe in God, but are souls that have developed an intense hatred for Him. The source of this hatred can be many things, including a horrendous tragedy they cannot make sense of, an inability to reconcile evil in the world, or perhaps a same sex attraction that ostracizes them from their family. These are the militant atheists that seek to destroy all belief systems that would dare to mention God, for their anger with God is intense. They attack Christians at every turn, and make it their personal mission of hate to distort, discredit and demonize religion. They do not believe in freedom of religion, nor freedom from religion, but seek a world in which the mere mention of God's name would be outlawed.

For your reference:

“Our nation was founded by Christian men on Christian principles, with the most sacred of teachings being that our rights are derived from the Creator (capital C).”

What “creator” would that be? It certainly is not the Christian “creator” gods as the Founding Fathers made no mention of Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

It has already been argued and long ago acknowledged that the concept of men's religious beliefs were part and parcel of the founding of the country. However, the wording of the Constitution is clearly meant to encompass numerous beliefs, extant at the time, to cover the general consensus of beliefs. Hence, deistic terms like "Creator" and "Nature's God", "divine Providence" and the quite evident lack of reference to Jesus and Yahweh (despite robust debate to include them). The closest reference is to a "Supreme Judge", but of course that could be Amun Ra, couldn't it?

Stalker. For one who says that I am obsessed with them, why would you follow me here?

Oh, you have done it now, Hollie. logical4u will hunt you to the ends of the earth for telling the truth. :lol:

Let em' come looking!
:eusa_angel:

For the benefit of UltimateReality and others, the U.S. certainly was not founded by Christian men on Christian principles.

The United States was founded largely by men called Deists. They believed in a creator (hence the word used in the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution); but most shunned Christianity. George Washington specifically said "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..." in his treaty with Turkey. The Jefferson letters make it very clear that Thomas Jefferson had a simple belief: The Creator created and that's that. I have on my bookshelf the Jefferson Bible. It ends with Jesus being crucified --- and not rising from the dead.

For your reference:

Stalker. For one who says that I am obsessed with them, why would you follow me here?

Whiner. Why do you lie about the formulation of the U.S.?

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Shall we take the Constitution as a document existing in and of itself, with no authors, no history, and no other works from that period? [I don't even have an inkling of hope that Hollie will answer this. Here come the attacks] I would hope that folks here on this thread would not be so gullible to your Christian-hating, twisted, atheistic version of the truth, but it looks like JakeStarkey has already succumbed. The mistaken belief it is a "living" document has already been used to bastardize it and shred an Christ inspired truth that once existed in it.

Hollie, why do you hate God so much?

Last edited:

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Shall we take the Constitution as a document existing in and of itself, with no authors, no history, and no other works from that period? I would hope that folks here on this thread would not be so gullible to your Christian-hating, twisted, atheistic version of the truth, but it looks like JakeStarkey has already succumbed. The mistaken belief it is a "living" document has already been used to bastardize it and shred an Christ inspired truth that once existed in it.

You're hoping to dodge the issue of your lies.

Please find a single reference to Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

Let em' come looking!

For the benefit of UltimateReality and others, the U.S. certainly was not founded by Christian men on Christian principles.

The United States was founded largely by men called Deists. They believed in a creator (hence the word used in the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution); but most shunned Christianity. George Washington specifically said "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..." in his treaty with Turkey. The Jefferson letters make it very clear that Thomas Jefferson had a simple belief: The Creator created and that's that. I have on my bookshelf the Jefferson Bible. It ends with Jesus being crucified --- and not rising from the dead.

And now the quote mining starts. Well folks. It's been nice while it lasted. The presence of Hollie here means only nonsense, lies and shenanigans will prevail. She is devoid of the ability to present a logical argument, but instead repetitively, and boy do I mean repetitively, presents the same attacks, not arguments, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until this is the only logical thing left to do...

:banghead:

Since internet restraining orders don't exist, I'm off to another thread to post until my stalker finds me again and I have to change addresses once more.

Last edited:
I think the better question is:
"Why do some here assume that anyone who doesn't share their particular Christian POV is 'a GOD-hating atheist' or something on that order?

Let em' come looking!

And now the quote mining starts. Well folks. It's been nice. The presence of Hollie here means only nonsense, lies and shenanigans will prevail. She is devoid of the ability to present a logical argument, but instead repetitively, and boy do I mean repetitively, presents the same attacks, not arguments, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until this is the only logical thing left to do...

:banghead:

Keep banging your head.

In the meantime, I'm still wating for you to post a single reference to christianity or the christian gods appearing in the constitution.

It's not attacking to require you to support your claim.

So stop whining. Where is the reference?

For your reference:

Sorry, if people that were well aware of "Allah" and all the trouble that accompanied his prophet's followers, included "Allah" in the gov't anywhere, it would be so, notated.

The colonies were comprised of different Christian faiths. They all worshipped the "Christian" Creator (if God is capitalized, it is in reference to the One, True, God). There are no other gods listed in the federal or the state gov'ts. In every instance the name for the Lord is capitalized with reverence. Buddah, the Hindu gods, and Allah are not mentioned.
If you want more evidence, one poster posted the beginnings of the state Constitutions, all had the similar reference to "God".

Because the founders of this country had come from countries where each citizen was told what there religion would be, and had witnessed bloodshed to enforce said religion, it was determined that would NOT be the case here. Each man would be free to worship under whatever Christian faith they chose (this is not spoken, but understood, as at that time, there were no other predominant faiths being practiced in the colonies, other that Jews, and they worshipped the same God the Father, that Christians did). Once that was decided, the Bill of Rights lists other rights that before this country had been at the pleasure of the "king". Because of the freedoms of Christianity: where each person is responsible for their personal relationship with the Lord, other faiths walked into this country and many have blended well.

Your trying to imply that Lordly references are to any other than the One, True God, are proof that you are willfully ignorant about the founding of this country and those that worked so hard, and sacrificed so much to start a new nation where "all" men could be free.

Let em' come looking!

On bing:

george washington's prayer for america

george washington's prayer

george washington's prayer at valley forge

george washington's prayer journal

george washington's prayer for the nation

george washington's prayer journal christian

george washington's prayer for his country

george washington's prayer before battle

"the Christian religion"? Which one would that be? This country is Christianity based. It is not organized on any particular "Christian" faith. Be smarter than the muslims, will you?

Thomas Jefferson’s
Prayer for The Nation
Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our
heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove
ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy
will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning,
and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and
confusion, from pride and arrogance, and from every evil way.
Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people, the
multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues.
Endow with Thy spirit of wisdom those whom in Thy name we
entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice
and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we
may show forth Thy praise among the nations of the earth. In
time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the
day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which
we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
President Thomas Jefferson
Washington D.C.
March 4, 1801
http://www.prayercaucus.org/files/p...s_Thomas_Jeffersons_Prayer_for_The_Nation.pdf

Now what was that you were saying about Jefferson?

For your reference:

Sorry, if people that were well aware of "Allah" and all the trouble that accompanied his prophet's followers, included "Allah" in the gov't anywhere, it would be so, notated.

The colonies were comprised of different Christian faiths. They all worshipped the "Christian" Creator (if God is capitalized, it is in reference to the One, True, God). There are no other gods listed in the federal or the state gov'ts. In every instance the name for the Lord is capitalized with reverence. Buddah, the Hindu gods, and Allah are not mentioned.
If you want more evidence, one poster posted the beginnings of the state Constitutions, all had the similar reference to "God".

Because the founders of this country had come from countries where each citizen was told what there religion would be, and had witnessed bloodshed to enforce said religion, it was determined that would NOT be the case here. Each man would be free to worship under whatever Christian faith they chose (this is not spoken, but understood, as at that time, there were no other predominant faiths being practiced in the colonies, other that Jews, and they worshipped the same God the Father, that Christians did). Once that was decided, the Bill of Rights lists other rights that before this country had been at the pleasure of the "king". Because of the freedoms of Christianity: where each person is responsible for their personal relationship with the Lord, other faiths walked into this country and many have blended well.

Your trying to imply that Lordly references are to any other than the One, True God, are proof that you are willfully ignorant about the founding of this country and those that worked so hard, and sacrificed so much to start a new nation where "all" men could be free.

One can argue far better that having come from theocracies themselves The FF's were very much aware of the dangers of blending religion and government even if they personally believed -- they purposely ratified a constitution that was totally secular in nature (and intent). They clearly did not wish to eradicate religion which is why they enacted a muzzle on government to keep religious expression free. However, the result of this by defintion means the gov't cannot exalt one religion over another. Keep Christianity in culture, whether or not Christianity is dominant or not, but do not allow the government to assert it or any other religion over the other. The only way to do that is to be neutral on the issue of religion at all. As the country does become more diversified and embraces more religious beliefs (including none) the Constitution is designed to evolve to include those concerns. the Founding Fathers would, I believe, note their legal design has worked quite successfully.

I'll offer the question to you: can you find a single reference to christianity or the christian gods in the constitution?

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Shall we take the Constitution as a document existing in and of itself, with no authors, no history, and no other works from that period? I would hope that folks here on this thread would not be so gullible to your Christian-hating, twisted, atheistic version of the truth, but it looks like JakeStarkey has already succumbed. The mistaken belief it is a "living" document has already been used to bastardize it and shred an Christ inspired truth that once existed in it.

Please find a single reference to Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

What is the "written" date on the Constitution?

What is the "written" date on the Constitution?

Can't you find it?

I think the better question is:
"Why do some here assume that anyone who doesn't share their particular Christian POV is 'a GOD-hating atheist' or something on that order?

Probably my own personal experience with Hollie has tainted my view. She is a militant, God-hating gay person, raised in a Christian home, Edited and attacks not only Christians, but Muslims, or anyone else who will take the bait and fall prey to her "robot on repeat" arguing technique. Here he/she is posing as a man "Rugged Touch" attacking some Muslims in 2010. This response from Hapless Jackel about sums up my experience with him/her:

"Do you ever answer people's questions? Or is every inquiry just a different type of excuse for you to pour out the freshest batch of excess venom and prejudice? I'm finding it hard to think of a single time when you've ever actually addressed anything I've ever said."

Hapless Jackels - Page 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back