🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

Several hundred Indian nations, Spanish Florida, Hispanic Texas and the Southwest, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, Midway, Philippines (until 1946), Japan (until 1955), Iraq and so forth.

We are a neo-con imperial power that can't learn.

And I am glad that you have returned for further instruction as well, logical4u.

I am glad that JimBowie, our concerned troll, has returned for further instruction and correction.

Ask away, son.

Still waiting for you to answer the question of which countries we have taken over (conquered, occupied, and assimilated), as a result of military action?.......

I was unaware that the Philipines, Puerto Rico, Midway, Guam, Japan, Iraq were states of the United States. As far as the "Indian nations", can you provide a map of those "nations"? Can you identify which ones were specifically were militarily conquered (as opposed to the Indians blending with the settlers, or selling their land to settlers)? Florida and the Southwest were as a result of purchases/agreements/defense against other gov'ts; they were not an out and out invasion from America (in some places, it was a response to those territories peoples invading American properties). Did Hawaii vote to become a state?

Please, just for giggles, remind me why we were at war with Japan, and why were we in the Philipines?

Several hundred Indian nations, Spanish Florida, Hispanic Texas and the Southwest, California, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, Midway, Philippines (until 1946), Japan (until 1955), Iraq and so forth.

And I am glad that you have returned for further instruction as well, logical4u.

Still waiting for you to answer the question of which countries we have taken over (conquered, occupied, and assimilated), as a result of military action?.......

I was unaware that the Philipines, Puerto Rico, Midway, Guam, Japan, Iraq were states of the United States. As far as the "Indian nations", can you provide a map of those "nations"? Can you identify which ones were specifically were militarily conquered (as opposed to the Indians blending with the settlers, or selling their land to settlers)? Florida and the Southwest were as a result of purchases/agreements/defense against other gov'ts; they were not an out and out invasion from America (in some places, it was a response to those territories peoples invading American properties). Did Hawaii vote to become a state?

Please, just for giggles, remind me why we were at war with Japan, and why were we in the Philipines?

Blending in with settlers and selling their land? Ha!
You know of a lot of tribes that were not forced to " blend" with settlers and sell their land? I am sure it happened, but let's not rewrite history here.

logical4u, you try your revisionism of the American narrative's manifest destiny, social darwinism, and imperialism in any history course in any reputable college and you will fail. All of the states are the result of forced submission of "inferior" peoples to the Americans, as are the territories or conquered countries. White America resisted assimilation until recent days. When native Cherokee America, a truly mixed-race tribe by the 1820s, insisted on and had its 'rights' recognized by the SCOTUS in 1832, the result was a forced one-way trip to Indian Territory, on which 4,000 members died. Truly, study Hawaii and Philippines if you really wish to learn.

Last edited:

Blending in with settlers and selling their land? Ha!
You know of a lot of tribes that were not forced to " blend" with settlers and sell their land? I am sure it happened, but let's not rewrite history here.

I am not trying to re-write history, just trying to point out there are some here who are. I asked for clarification. In the eastern USA, there were many tribes that worked with the settlers and intermingled the cultures. Out west, there were not a lot of problems until the Indians were "promised" land, and the deals were renigged by the gov't. Also many of the Indian tribes were "nomads", they did not have territories or land of their own. They fought each other over land use, there were very few "borders". That is usually the definition of a "nation": land borders, gov't and culture. JS made his usual opinionated statements with little to back it. Not saying there were not some ruthless times in our past. I am saying compared to other nations, we have been a far, far lesser evil.

logical4u, you try your revisionism of the American narrative's manifest destiny, social darwinism, and imperialism in any history course in any reputable college and you will fail. All of the states are the result of forced submission of "inferior" peoples to the Americans, as are the territories or conquered countries. White America resisted assimilation until recent days. When native Cherokee America, a truly mixed-race tribe by the 1820s, insisted on and had its 'rights' recognized by the SCOTUS in 1832, the result was a forced one-way trip to Indian Territory, on which 4,000 members died. Truly, study Hawaii and Philippines if you really wish to learn.

JS, please list for me the countries that have behaved better than us.

England?
France?
Spain?
Portugal?
Italy?
Russia?
Germany?
Japan?
China?
Cambodia?
Vietnam?
The African nations where they would "eat" their enemies or drink from their skulls?
Mexico?
Brazil?

And when you are done, please list the countries that have stopped more evil worldwide and contributed more to natural and man-made disasters than this country has.

England?
France?
Spain?
Portugal?
Italy?
Russia?
Germany?
Japan?
China?
Cambodia?
Vietnam?
The African nations where they would "eat" their enemies or drink from their skulls?
Mexico?
Brazil?

And when you are done, please list the countries that have stopped more evil worldwide and contributed more to natural and man-made disasters than this country has.

This is good! Proving the US is a Christian nation by asking which out of a list of horrible colonialists were better.
Christian is as Christian does to paraphrase Mr. Gump.
Better ask Jesus.

England?
France?
Spain?
Portugal?
Italy?
Russia?
Germany?
Japan?
China?
Cambodia?
Vietnam?
Mexico?
Brazil?

This is good! Proving the US is a Christian nation by asking which out of a list of horrible colonialists were better.
Christian is as Christian does to paraphrase Mr. Gump.
Better ask Jesus.

No answer is not a good answer. And when you are done, please list the countries that have stopped more evil worldwide and contributed more aid to natural and man-made disasters than this country has.

Captain Obvious! That's funny.

I am glad Barton's publisher has called him out for falsification and skewing facts, recalling his latest book.

I didn't actaully read the article, I was more thinking how it was (or at least I think it is) general knowledge that America was pretty much founded by protestants. Or maybe some other christian sect

Or at least that's what i've been told..

The first colonies in what is now the continental US were made up of Spanish and French Catholics. Lutherans, Anglicans, Catholics, Quakers, Puritans, Pilgrims, Dutch Reformed, etc., were the major sectarian groups on the eastern seaboard. The overwhelming evangelicalism in America occurred from about 1800 to 1840 and the overwhelming Protestantization of America occurred from the 1840s to the 1890s as a reaction to the Irish Catholic immigrant influx and the Mormon threat to Christian orthodoxy in America.

Last edited:
logical4u can't carry her argument so she moves the goal posts.

Her fail.

NO, you started the whole: what a terrible country we are, I was responding.
When this country began, countries were expanded by invasion and war. That was how the entire world operated. This country was the first to place citizens above gov't. It was an experiment that has not been duplicated, but something the whole "colonial" world sought to achieve.
Different Christian faiths contributed to the ideals that are still part of this countries culture: from the Quakers (men and women should be equal, there is no class above everyone else, slavery is wrong), from the Puritans (work hard, honor the Lord), from Catholics (order, documentation), etc, etc, etc. But it was not the "Christians" that made this country the success that it is. It was the Lord blessing those that worshipped Him, and with them, their neighbors were blessed.

I find it amusing how often you try to tell me how terrible this country is, and yet, you have nothing to hold above it. And you are to rude to say "THANK YOU" to the Lord for all His blessings. I get it, you want to throw away the most successful nation that ever was, and replace it with tried and failed policies.

You want to deny that Christianity has any influence in this country, yet everywhere Christianity is not predominant, the average person lives in absolute misery. Not saying that Christians will never be miserable, but I am saying when they are free from gov't to practice their faith, their communities and their neighbors are blessed by the Lord. You want to deny the Lord, you want to stop His worship, you will watch those blessings, disappear.

Now you are lying along with moving the goal posts.

I never said anything of the sort, and your comment is trollish.

I did say much of what our country has done was wrong, and that is the flat truth.

But no country anywhere at anytime can match our DoI and US Constitution. When we Americans live up to them, we are a great people. When we don't, we are hypocrites like Rush, Sean, and Glenn.

logical4u can't carry her argument so she moves the goal posts.

Her fail.

NO, you started the whole: what a terrible country we are, I was responding.
When this country began, countries were expanded by invasion and war. That was how the entire world operated. This country was the first to place citizens above gov't. It was an experiment that has not been duplicated, but something the whole "colonial" world sought to achieve.
Different Christian faiths contributed to the ideals that are still part of this countries culture: from the Quakers (men and women should be equal, there is no class above everyone else, slavery is wrong), from the Puritans (work hard, honor the Lord), from Catholics (order, documentation), etc, etc, etc. But it was not the "Christians" that made this country the success that it is. It was the Lord blessing those that worshipped Him, and with them, their neighbors were blessed.

I find it amusing how often you try to tell me how terrible this country is, and yet, you have nothing to hold above it. And you are to rude to say "THANK YOU" to the Lord for all His blessings. I get it, you want to throw away the most successful nation that ever was, and replace it with tried and failed policies.

You want to deny that Christianity has any influence in this country, yet everywhere Christianity is not predominant, the average person lives in absolute misery. Not saying that Christians will never be miserable, but I am saying when they are free from gov't to practice their faith, their communities and their neighbors are blessed by the Lord. You want to deny the Lord, you want to stop His worship, you will watch those blessings, disappear.

Don't you get that many of the Founders could have religious convictions, some less than stellar convictions, and all still wish to separate church and state and the reasons why?

David Barton does not get it, and apparently neither do you.

Forum List

Back