🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

Why are you having such difficulty finding a reference to christianity in the constitution if, as you claim, the U.S. was founded on christian principles?

Does being founded on Christian principles require it to specifically cite the source of those principles? You logic is incredibly flawed.

What are the christian principles in our Constitution...in our form of government? Should be easy to provide, since we are allegedly based on them.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

There shall be no gods (gov't) before the Lord. 1rst Ammendment
Thou shall not murder (you can defend yourself) 2nd Amendment
Thou shall not covet 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 8th Amendments
Thou shall not bear false witness 7th & 9th Amendments
and in case you missed it the first time
There shall be no gods (gov't) before the Lord. 10th Ammendment

Questions?

So, all documents with "Year of our lord" or "Anno Domino" or "AD" in them are christian documents.....?

You made a typo. It is: in the year of our Lord. Lord is capitalized because it is in reverence to Christ dying on the cross for our sins.

No where did I state that the Constitution was a "Christian" document. I said that it was influenced by Christian faiths.

Hollie (the little chickenshit) wanted "a single" reference to Christianity, and was given one. Like you, denial, denial, denial, even though it is written in black and white, part of our documented history. I understand, you two find corruption so much more appealing than the Lord. I pray He will be merciful, and you will search for the Truth (notice the capitalization, that is in reference and reverence to Christ).

I'm sure I somehow missed your reference to christianity in the constitution. Please point me to that reference.

The entire constitution is rules that limit the government's involvement in the citizen's lives. It is clearly a muzzle on the state's ability to dictate to the citizenry what it can and cannot do within the paradigm of the federal mandate. Certainly rule of law is to be enforced, but that is also controlled at the local level. So it is not any news that government is restrained from interfering with religion.

What is not being said here is that once you are not allowed to interfere in favor of one religion, you must again be neutral across the board because any favortism to one religion must by definition be done so at the expense of another religion, or no religion.

That is why I'm fascinated to see your reference to christianity in the constitution.

Here come Hollie's Strawman, Here comes Rugged Touch's Strawman, strolling down the lane.

No one said the Constitution specifically referred to Christianity. You're strawmanning as usual!!!!

You are a very disturbed human being.

Last edited:
I'll do you one better. From Wiki:

The Articles of Confederation, formally the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, was an agreement among the 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states and served as its first constitution.[1] Its drafting by the Continental Congress began in mid 1776, and an approved version was sent to the states for ratification in late 1777. The formal ratification by all 13 states was completed in early 1781. Even if not yet ratified, the Articles provided domestic and international legitimacy for the Continental Congress to direct the American Revolutionary War, conduct diplomacy with Europe and deal with territorial issues and Indian relations. Nevertheless, the weak government created by the Articles became a matter of concern for key nationalists. On March 4, 1789, the Articles were replaced with the U.S. Constitution.[2][3] The new Constitution provided for a much stronger national government with a chief executive (the president), courts, and taxing powers.

Avalon Project - Articles of Confederation : March 1, 1781

XIII.

Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them. And the Articles of this Confederation shall be inviolably observed by every State, and the Union shall be perpetual; nor shall any alteration at any time hereafter be made in any of them; unless such alteration be agreed to in a Congress of the United States, and be afterwards confirmed by the legislatures of every State.

And Whereas it hath pleased the Great Governor of the World to incline the hearts of the legislatures we respectively represent in Congress, to approve of, and to authorize us to ratify the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union. Know Ye that we the undersigned delegates, by virtue of the power and authority to us given for that purpose, do by these presents, in the name and in behalf of our respective constituents, fully and entirely ratify and confirm each and every of the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union, and all and singular the matters and things therein contained: And we do further solemnly plight and engage the faith of our respective constituents, that they shall abide by the determinations of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions, which by the said Confederation are submitted to them. And that the Articles thereof shall be inviolably observed by the States we respectively represent, and that the Union shall be perpetual.

In Witness whereof we have hereunto set our hands in Congress. Done at Philadelphia in the State of Pennsylvania the ninth day of July in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Eight, and in the Third Year of the independence of America.

Agreed to by Congress 15 November 1777 In force after ratification by Maryland, 1 March 1781

that's nice.

where does it say the great governor of the world is christ?

oops

try again

The Articles of Confederation, formally the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, was an agreement among the 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states and served as its first constitution.[1] Its drafting by the Continental Congress began in mid 1776, and an approved version was sent to the states for ratification in late 1777. The formal ratification by all 13 states was completed in early 1781. Even if not yet ratified, the Articles provided domestic and international legitimacy for the Continental Congress to direct the American Revolutionary War, conduct diplomacy with Europe and deal with territorial issues and Indian relations. Nevertheless, the weak government created by the Articles became a matter of concern for key nationalists. On March 4, 1789, the Articles were replaced with the U.S. Constitution.[2][3] The new Constitution provided for a much stronger national government with a chief executive (the president), courts, and taxing powers.

XIII.

Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them. And the Articles of this Confederation shall be inviolably observed by every State, and the Union shall be perpetual; nor shall any alteration at any time hereafter be made in any of them; unless such alteration be agreed to in a Congress of the United States, and be afterwards confirmed by the legislatures of every State.

And Whereas it hath pleased the Great Governor of the World to incline the hearts of the legislatures we respectively represent in Congress, to approve of, and to authorize us to ratify the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union. Know Ye that we the undersigned delegates, by virtue of the power and authority to us given for that purpose, do by these presents, in the name and in behalf of our respective constituents, fully and entirely ratify and confirm each and every of the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union, and all and singular the matters and things therein contained: And we do further solemnly plight and engage the faith of our respective constituents, that they shall abide by the determinations of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions, which by the said Confederation are submitted to them. And that the Articles thereof shall be inviolably observed by the States we respectively represent, and that the Union shall be perpetual.

In Witness whereof we have hereunto set our hands in Congress. Done at Philadelphia in the State of Pennsylvania the ninth day of July in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Eight, and in the Third Year of the independence of America.

Agreed to by Congress 15 November 1777 In force after ratification by Maryland, 1 March 1781

The the Great Governor of the World (the gargantuan text must make your claims true, right?), is Amun Ra. Everyone knows that.

"In Amun Ra We Trust". It has a certain ring, don't you think?

You made a typo. It is: in the year of our Lord. Lord is capitalized because it is in reverence to Christ dying on the cross for our sins.

No where did I state that the Constitution was a "Christian" document. I said that it was influenced by Christian faiths.

Hollie (the little chickenshit) wanted "a single" reference to Christianity, and was given one. Like you, denial, denial, denial, even though it is written in black and white, part of our documented history. I understand, you two find corruption so much more appealing than the Lord. I pray He will be merciful, and you will search for the Truth (notice the capitalization, that is in reference and reverence to Christ).

I'm sure I somehow missed your reference to christianity in the constitution. Please point me to that reference.

The entire constitution is rules that limit the government's involvement in the citizen's lives. It is clearly a muzzle on the state's ability to dictate to the citizenry what it can and cannot do within the paradigm of the federal mandate. Certainly rule of law is to be enforced, but that is also controlled at the local level. So it is not any news that government is restrained from interfering with religion.

What is not being said here is that once you are not allowed to interfere in favor of one religion, you must again be neutral across the board because any favortism to one religion must by definition be done so at the expense of another religion, or no religion.

That is why I'm fascinated to see your reference to christianity in the constitution.

Here come Hollie's Strawman, Here comes Rugged Touch's Strawman, strolling down the lane.

No one said the Constitution specifically referred to Christianity. You're strawmanning as usual!!!!

Your text is not large/bolded enough.

More importantly, you're not keeping up.

#1...the inspiration of the Constitution was the Enlightenment, the Athenian Democracy and the Roman Republic.

#2..."caveat that no one denomination".....you mean, other religions besides christianity can be forced out? That's what our Founders intended?

Where does "enlightenment" originate?

In the Humanist movement...getting away from the superstitions of the Middle Ages and certainly getting away from the idea of Divine Rights.

Heard of the Social Contract? Classical Liberalism? State of Nature?

You misunderstood. I did not ask about the movement, I asked about "enlightenment" (known in some circles as the ability to reason).

Good observations.

The US Constitution, quite literally and plainly (by choice of the FF's), leaves out any mentioning of gods and such (and it is this obvious deletion that caused the Danbury Baptists to argue in favor of incorporating some mention of the Christian god in the document that would define the nation's fundamental laws). The colonies of the time were conclaves of religious intolerance, wherein a Baptist in one colony was safe, but a Roman Catholic was a criminal by defintion, yet in a different colony the reverse was true. This is completely unworkable and the FF's knew it.

Note that the separation of state and church did not mean ignoring the church or faith. It means the state cannot legislate religious belief upon the populace -- and by defintion the only way to acheive that is for the state to be neutral on all matters of religion.

Curious, I just pulled a quarter out of my pocket and it says "In God We Trust".

Oh and oops, there are the 10 commandments right there on the Supreme Court wall.

Has that somehow amended the constitution?

I'm still waiting for the reference to christianity and the christian gods in the constitution. You do understand that the quarter that was in your pocket does not legislate law, right?

You are going to be waiting a long time because no one ever claimed that. You are such a strawmanner, along with being a liar and a fake Rugged Touch.

Last edited:

XIII.

The the Great Governor of the World (the gargantuan text must make your claims true, right?), is Amun Ra. Everyone knows that.

"In Amun Ra We Trust". It has a certain ring, don't you think?

Foolishness won't hide your ignorance.

You are a very disturbed human being.

if it doesn't refer to christianity, how does it prove that the us is a christian nation?

if this thread gets any more stupid, it's gonna morph into joe biden.

Does being founded on Christian principles require it to specifically cite the source of those principles? You logic is incredibly flawed.

What are the christian principles in our Constitution...in our form of government? Should be easy to provide, since we are allegedly based on them.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Questions?

One question: are you re-writing the constitution?

Good observations.

The US Constitution, quite literally and plainly (by choice of the FF's), leaves out any mentioning of gods and such (and it is this obvious deletion that caused the Danbury Baptists to argue in favor of incorporating some mention of the Christian god in the document that would define the nation's fundamental laws). The colonies of the time were conclaves of religious intolerance, wherein a Baptist in one colony was safe, but a Roman Catholic was a criminal by defintion, yet in a different colony the reverse was true. This is completely unworkable and the FF's knew it.

Note that the separation of state and church did not mean ignoring the church or faith. It means the state cannot legislate religious belief upon the populace -- and by defintion the only way to acheive that is for the state to be neutral on all matters of religion.

Curious, I just pulled a quarter out of my pocket and it says "In God We Trust".

Oh and oops, there are the 10 commandments right there on the Supreme Court wall.

#1...In God We Trust was added at the time of the Civil War...the original motto was E Pluribus Unum (oops....there's that ROMAN influence again)....and if we were to take "In God We Trust" off our money, do you think it would be worth less?

#2...What 10 Commandments on the Supreme Court wall? I've visited that building, and have seen no such thing. Do you perhaps have a photo to share? And which version of the 10 commandments is it? There are 3, you know.

Do a search on religious symbols in Washington DC, there are a lot of pictures online.

XIII.

As your own link points out, the Articles of Confederation were REPLACED....let me say that again....REPLACED by the Constitution.

Now...if you want to show us anywhere in this country where the Articles on Confederation still apply, I'm listening.

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Questions?

i have a question.

are you this stupid in real life?

So, all documents with "Year of our lord" or "Anno Domino" or "AD" in them are christian documents.....?

You can capitalize lord all you want. I don't have to....or is that something you want codified into law so we all have to capitalize god and lord and allah and buddha and thor and zeus?

I was just being polite, you can choose to be rude.

Hollie...have you been in the Capitol Rotunda? It's fascinating to look up and see, in the dome, George Washington as a god, wearing robes, in the clouds....interesting for a government to supposedly be influenced by christianity yet oodles upon oodles of pagan references in and around our main government buildings.

Yeah, and how about the baptism of Pocahontas?

What about it?

Hollie...have you been in the Capitol Rotunda? It's fascinating to look up and see, in the dome, George Washington as a god, wearing robes, in the clouds....interesting for a government to supposedly be influenced by christianity yet oodles upon oodles of pagan references in and around our main government buildings.

Yeah, and how about the baptism of Pocahontas?

What about it?

it proved that william penn was the antichrist.

it also played a large role in the loss of the panama canal.

For the revisionist that want to pretend our great United States tradition is not based entirely in Chrisitianity, I present the Charter of Delaware 1701:

FIRST

BECAUSE no People can be truly happy, though under the greatest Enjoyment of Civil Liberties, if abridged of the Freedom of their Consciences, as to their Religious Profession and Worship: And Almighty God being the only Lord of Conscience, Father of Lights and Spirits; and the Author as well as Object of all divine Knowledge, Faith and Worship, who only doth enlighten the Minds, and persuade and convince the Understandings of People, I do hereby grant and declare, That no Person or Persons, inhabiting In this Province or Territories, who shall confess and acknowledge One almighty God, the Creator, Upholder and Ruler of the World; and professes him or themselves obliged to live quietly under the Civil Government, shall be in any Case molested or prejudiced, in his or their Person or Estate, because of his or their conscientious Persuasion or Practice, nor be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious Worship, Place or Ministry, contrary to his or their Mind, or to do or suffer any other Act or Thing, contrary to their religious Persuasion.

AND that all Persons who also profess to believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, shall be capable (notwithstanding their other Persuasions and Practices in Point of Conscience and Religion) to serve this Government in any Capacity, both legislatively and executively, he or they solemnly promising, when lawfully required, Allegiance to the King as Sovereign, and Fidelity to the Proprietary and Governpr, and taking the Attests as now established by the Law made at Newcastle, in the Year One Thousand and Seven Hundred, entituled, An Act directing the Attests of several Officers and Ministers, as now amended and confirmed this present Assembly.

#1...In God We Trust was added at the time of the Civil War...the original motto was E Pluribus Unum (oops....there's that ROMAN influence again)....and if we were to take "In God We Trust" off our money, do you think it would be worth less?

#2...What 10 Commandments on the Supreme Court wall? I've visited that building, and have seen no such thing. Do you perhaps have a photo to share? And which version of the 10 commandments is it? There are 3, you know.

Do a search on religious symbols in Washington DC, there are a lot of pictures online.
Sure there are pictures. The constitution provides for what we call "free expression". The first amendment... well read the first amendment. You posted it.

I just can't get you to point out where the constitution references christinity (or the U.S. being a "christian nation") anywhere in the constitution.

For the revisionist that want to pretend our great United States tradition is not based entirely in Chrisitianity, I present the Charter of Delaware 1701:

FIRST

BECAUSE no People can be truly happy, though under the greatest Enjoyment of Civil Liberties, if abridged of the Freedom of their Consciences, as to their Religious Profession and Worship: And Almighty God being the only Lord of Conscience, Father of Lights and Spirits; and the Author as well as Object of all divine Knowledge, Faith and Worship, who only doth enlighten the Minds, and persuade and convince the Understandings of People, I do hereby grant and declare, That no Person or Persons, inhabiting In this Province or Territories, who shall confess and acknowledge One almighty God, the Creator, Upholder and Ruler of the World; and professes him or themselves obliged to live quietly under the Civil Government, shall be in any Case molested or prejudiced, in his or their Person or Estate, because of his or their conscientious Persuasion or Practice, nor be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious Worship, Place or Ministry, contrary to his or their Mind, or to do or suffer any other Act or Thing, contrary to their religious Persuasion.

AND that all Persons who also profess to believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, shall be capable (notwithstanding their other Persuasions and Practices in Point of Conscience and Religion) to serve this Government in any Capacity, both legislatively and executively, he or they solemnly promising, when lawfully required, Allegiance to the King as Sovereign, and Fidelity to the Proprietary and Governpr, and taking the Attests as now established by the Law made at Newcastle, in the Year One Thousand and Seven Hundred, entituled, An Act directing the Attests of several Officers and Ministers, as now amended and confirmed this present Assembly.

god =/= christ

have a nice day

Amendment I

Amendment II

Amendment III

Amendment IV

Amendment V

Amendment VI

Amendment VII

Amendment VIII

Amendment IX

Amendment X

Questions?

Wait a minute...the First Amendment says no state religion, but your "there shall be no gods before the lord" is a direct contradiction....

You've just proved our point for us.....thank you.

Murder? Are you saying murder being illegal is ONLY a christian tenet?

Covet? That's not illegal, you know.

Bear false witness? Only if you are sworn in a court of law....and you don't (GASP!) even have to swear on a bible.

Where in the 10th amendment is there anything about gods at all?

I'm sorry, but you must be looking at some other country's Bill of Rights.

:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back