🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

For the revisionist that want to pretend our great United States tradition is not based entirely in Chrisitianity, I present the Charter of Delaware 1701:

FIRST

BECAUSE no People can be truly happy, though under the greatest Enjoyment of Civil Liberties, if abridged of the Freedom of their Consciences, as to their Religious Profession and Worship: And Almighty God being the only Lord of Conscience, Father of Lights and Spirits; and the Author as well as Object of all divine Knowledge, Faith and Worship, who only doth enlighten the Minds, and persuade and convince the Understandings of People, I do hereby grant and declare, That no Person or Persons, inhabiting In this Province or Territories, who shall confess and acknowledge One almighty God, the Creator, Upholder and Ruler of the World; and professes him or themselves obliged to live quietly under the Civil Government, shall be in any Case molested or prejudiced, in his or their Person or Estate, because of his or their conscientious Persuasion or Practice, nor be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious Worship, Place or Ministry, contrary to his or their Mind, or to do or suffer any other Act or Thing, contrary to their religious Persuasion.

AND that all Persons who also profess to believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, shall be capable (notwithstanding their other Persuasions and Practices in Point of Conscience and Religion) to serve this Government in any Capacity, both legislatively and executively, he or they solemnly promising, when lawfully required, Allegiance to the King as Sovereign, and Fidelity to the Proprietary and Governpr, and taking the Attests as now established by the Law made at Newcastle, in the Year One Thousand and Seven Hundred, entituled, An Act directing the Attests of several Officers and Ministers, as now amended and confirmed this present Assembly.

That's so silly.

Zeus is the Saviour of the World. He must be - The "S" in Saviour is uppercase.

For the revisionist that want to pretend our great United States tradition is not based entirely in Chrisitianity, I present the Charter of Delaware 1701:

FIRST

BECAUSE no People can be truly happy, though under the greatest Enjoyment of Civil Liberties, if abridged of the Freedom of their Consciences, as to their Religious Profession and Worship: And Almighty God being the only Lord of Conscience, Father of Lights and Spirits; and the Author as well as Object of all divine Knowledge, Faith and Worship, who only doth enlighten the Minds, and persuade and convince the Understandings of People, I do hereby grant and declare, That no Person or Persons, inhabiting In this Province or Territories, who shall confess and acknowledge One almighty God, the Creator, Upholder and Ruler of the World; and professes him or themselves obliged to live quietly under the Civil Government, shall be in any Case molested or prejudiced, in his or their Person or Estate, because of his or their conscientious Persuasion or Practice, nor be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious Worship, Place or Ministry, contrary to his or their Mind, or to do or suffer any other Act or Thing, contrary to their religious Persuasion.

AND that all Persons who also profess to believe in Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the World, shall be capable (notwithstanding their other Persuasions and Practices in Point of Conscience and Religion) to serve this Government in any Capacity, both legislatively and executively, he or they solemnly promising, when lawfully required, Allegiance to the King as Sovereign, and Fidelity to the Proprietary and Governpr, and taking the Attests as now established by the Law made at Newcastle, in the Year One Thousand and Seven Hundred, entituled, An Act directing the Attests of several Officers and Ministers, as now amended and confirmed this present Assembly.

Charter of Delaware....1701

Constitution of the United States...1787

Anyone see the problem with his....er....evidence?

FIRST

That's so silly.

Zeus is the Saviour of the World. He must be - The "S" in Saviour is uppercase.

There are days that I am partial to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, myself.

So, all documents with "Year of our lord" or "Anno Domino" or "AD" in them are christian documents.....?

You made a typo. It is: in the year of our Lord. Lord is capitalized because it is in reverence to Christ dying on the cross for our sins.

No where did I state that the Constitution was a "Christian" document. I said that it was influenced by Christian faiths.

Hollie (the little chickenshit) wanted "a single" reference to Christianity, and was given one. Like you, denial, denial, denial, even though it is written in black and white, part of our documented history. I understand, you two find corruption so much more appealing than the Lord. I pray He will be merciful, and you will search for the Truth (notice the capitalization, that is in reference and reverence to Christ).

I'm sure I somehow missed your reference to christianity in the constitution. Please point me to that reference.

The entire constitution is rules that limit the government's involvement in the citizen's lives. It is clearly a muzzle on the state's ability to dictate to the citizenry what it can and cannot do within the paradigm of the federal mandate. Certainly rule of law is to be enforced, but that is also controlled at the local level. So it is not any news that government is restrained from interfering with religion.

What is not being said here is that once you are not allowed to interfere in favor of one religion, you must again be neutral across the board because any favortism to one religion must by definition be done so at the expense of another religion, or no religion.

That is why I'm fascinated to see your reference to christianity in the constitution.

Cause you are a chickenshit. I told you where it was:

Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, the Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

Attest William Jackson Secretary

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

G°. Washington
Presidt and deputy from Virginia

Delaware
Geo: Read
Gunning Bedford jun
John Dickinson
Richard Bassett
Jaco: Broom

Maryland
James McHenry
Dan of St Thos. Jenifer
Danl. Carroll

Virginia
John Blair
James Madison Jr.

North Carolina
Wm. Blount
Richd. Dobbs Spaight
Hu Williamson

South Carolina
J. Rutledge
Charles Cotesworth Pinckney
Charles Pinckney
Pierce Butler

Georgia
William Few
Abr Baldwin

New Hampshire
John Langdon
Nicholas Gilman

Massachusetts
Nathaniel Gorham
Rufus King

Connecticut
Wm. Saml. Johnson
Roger Sherman

New York
Alexander Hamilton

New Jersey
Wil: Livingston
David Brearley
Wm. Paterson
Jona: Dayton

Pennsylvania
B Franklin
Thomas Mifflin
Robt. Morris
Geo. Clymer
Thos. FitzSimons
Jared Ingersoll
James Wilson
Gouv Morris

All the people that signed it agreed that it was the Year of "their" Lord. The Bill of Rights Pre-amble does not have that notation for the date. There is your "single" reference.

BTW, I noticed you ran away from declaring Jefferson and Washington to be deists or some such, not really religious after I posted their prayers. Are you too arrogant to admit you were wrong? It is okay, arrogance is mentioned frequently in the Bible as something to avoid.

You made a typo. It is: in the year of our Lord. Lord is capitalized because it is in reverence to Christ dying on the cross for our sins.

No where did I state that the Constitution was a "Christian" document. I said that it was influenced by Christian faiths.

Hollie (the little chickenshit) wanted "a single" reference to Christianity, and was given one. Like you, denial, denial, denial, even though it is written in black and white, part of our documented history. I understand, you two find corruption so much more appealing than the Lord. I pray He will be merciful, and you will search for the Truth (notice the capitalization, that is in reference and reverence to Christ).

I'm sure I somehow missed your reference to christianity in the constitution. Please point me to that reference.

The entire constitution is rules that limit the government's involvement in the citizen's lives. It is clearly a muzzle on the state's ability to dictate to the citizenry what it can and cannot do within the paradigm of the federal mandate. Certainly rule of law is to be enforced, but that is also controlled at the local level. So it is not any news that government is restrained from interfering with religion.

What is not being said here is that once you are not allowed to interfere in favor of one religion, you must again be neutral across the board because any favortism to one religion must by definition be done so at the expense of another religion, or no religion.

That is why I'm fascinated to see your reference to christianity in the constitution.

Article. VII.

The Ratification of the Conventions of nine States, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the States so ratifying the Same.

The Word, "the," being interlined between the seventh and eighth Lines of the first Page, the Word "Thirty" being partly written on an Erazure in the fifteenth Line of the first Page, The Words "is tried" being interlined between the thirty second and thirty third Lines of the first Page and the Word "the" being interlined between the forty third and forty fourth Lines of the second Page.

done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,

G°. Washington

Delaware
Gunning Bedford jun
John Dickinson
Richard Bassett

Maryland
James McHenry
Dan of St Thos. Jenifer
Danl. Carroll

Virginia
John Blair
James Madison Jr.

North Carolina
Wm. Blount
Richd. Dobbs Spaight
Hu Williamson

South Carolina
J. Rutledge
Charles Pinckney
Pierce Butler

Georgia
William Few
Abr Baldwin

New Hampshire
John Langdon
Nicholas Gilman

Massachusetts
Nathaniel Gorham
Rufus King

Connecticut
Wm. Saml. Johnson
Roger Sherman

New York
Alexander Hamilton

New Jersey
David Brearley
Wm. Paterson

Pennsylvania
B Franklin
Thomas Mifflin
Robt. Morris
Geo. Clymer
Thos. FitzSimons
Jared Ingersoll
James Wilson
Gouv Morris

All the people that signed it agreed that it was the Year of "their" Lord. The Bill of Rights Pre-amble does not have that notation for the date. There is your "single" reference.

BTW, I noticed you ran away from declaring Jefferson and Washington to be deists or some such, not really religious after I posted their prayers. Are you too arrogant to admit you were wrong? It is okay, arrogance is mentioned frequently in the Bible as something to avoid.

So...you are now on record believing that ALL documents with "Year of Our Lord" in it...or AD in it...are christian documents.

I have a few World History books here with timelines with BC and AD in them....who knew they were religious tracts.

BTW...which "lord" does that date refer to? Does it say?

FIRST

god =/= christ

have a nice day

Are deliberately being dishonest here?

Surely you do realize that to the people that wrote the document in question, 'God' did in fact mean Christ, right?

FIRST

god =/= christ

have a nice day

Surely you do realize that to the people that wrote the document in question, 'God' did in fact mean Christ, right?

Where is "God" in the Constitution. You know....the G....O....D....word.

So...you are now on record believing that ALL documents with "Year of Our Lord" in it...or AD in it...are christian documents.

I have a few World History books here with timelines with BC and AD in them....who knew they were religious tracts.

That is not the kind of document nor the kind of usage of 'AD' that he is refering to, and you should know that unless you are a moron, and you are not a moron, so please stop it with the act.

No other state than a Christian state or a state with vestigial Christian practices would use 'AD'.

Sheesh.

Where is "God" in the Constitution. You know....the G....O....D....word.

Why does it have to be spelled out G-O-D?

And besides all that, the other founding documents contained int the US legal code (NW Ordinance, Articles of Confederation, DoI) all appeal to God.

It is plain as day that the Founding Fathers were not the closet athiest pseudo commies that so many militatant secularists today wish that they were.

In fact, for those who are interested in the REAL historical documents leading up to the US Constitution, Yale [yes, Yale] has compiled a nice collection of the texts. Photo's of the actual documents can also be located online.

The constitutions of colonies and other documents are presented here.

Avalon Project - 18th Century Documents : 1700 - 1799

I'm certainly not, and I don't believe anyone else here, is claiming anything other than freedom of religion, whether that is Islam, Christianity, or Hinduism, etc. What we are saying is the United States was founded on Christian principles, and a longstanding Christian tradition which, up until the atheist revisionists began to try and re-write history, was widely accepted as true. The evidence is ubiquitous.

Why are you having such difficulty finding a reference to christianity in the constitution if, as you claim, the U.S. was founded on christian principles?

Your answer is in the date of the Constitution.

The date has got nothing to do with any intent of our FF to give preference or primacy to the Christian religion.

Indeed, various FF were on record as making clear statements arguing against any specifically 'Christian' influence in our legal system.

And "which" specific 'Christian' influence was that?

There are many different Christian religions, the belief that Christ died for us, and how He lived His life is common to all. The FF wanted no "specific" Christian religion to have power over the federal gov't. All of them welcomed Christianity and Christians as part of this nation. Since the FF did not forsee a time when different "faiths" (Hindu, Buddahist, islam) would even want to come to a predominantly European country, it is obvious that Christianity was the predominant faith. Think about it, in the 1700s, the European countries were conquering the world and colonizing those conquered territories. European countries had been declaring the religions of their citizens for hundreds of years. Why would the colonists think that would change in the future?

I just can't get you to point out where the constitution references christinity (or the U.S. being a "christian nation") anywhere in the constitution.

Hollie, you really are infuriatingly stupid. No matter how many times you repeat this over and over again, won't change your strawman argument. Nor will it change the fact the Constitution was written by Christian men based on their longstanding Christian traditions.

Last edited:

Here come Hollie's Strawman, Here comes Rugged Touch's Strawman, strolling down the lane.

No one said the Constitution specifically referred to Christianity. You're strawmanning as usual!!!!

You are a very disturbed human being.

if it doesn't refer to christianity, how does it prove that the us is a christian nation?

if this thread gets any more stupid, it's gonna morph into joe biden.

Strawman. No one is claiming the constitution proves the US is Christian nation.

I'll do you one better. From Wiki:

The Articles of Confederation, formally the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, was an agreement among the 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states and served as its first constitution.[1] Its drafting by the Continental Congress began in mid 1776, and an approved version was sent to the states for ratification in late 1777. The formal ratification by all 13 states was completed in early 1781. Even if not yet ratified, the Articles provided domestic and international legitimacy for the Continental Congress to direct the American Revolutionary War, conduct diplomacy with Europe and deal with territorial issues and Indian relations. Nevertheless, the weak government created by the Articles became a matter of concern for key nationalists. On March 4, 1789, the Articles were replaced with the U.S. Constitution.[2][3] The new Constitution provided for a much stronger national government with a chief executive (the president), courts, and taxing powers.

Avalon Project - Articles of Confederation : March 1, 1781

XIII.

Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them. And the Articles of this Confederation shall be inviolably observed by every State, and the Union shall be perpetual; nor shall any alteration at any time hereafter be made in any of them; unless such alteration be agreed to in a Congress of the United States, and be afterwards confirmed by the legislatures of every State.

And Whereas it hath pleased the Great Governor of the World to incline the hearts of the legislatures we respectively represent in Congress, to approve of, and to authorize us to ratify the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union. Know Ye that we the undersigned delegates, by virtue of the power and authority to us given for that purpose, do by these presents, in the name and in behalf of our respective constituents, fully and entirely ratify and confirm each and every of the said Articles of Confederation and perpetual Union, and all and singular the matters and things therein contained: And we do further solemnly plight and engage the faith of our respective constituents, that they shall abide by the determinations of the United States in Congress assembled, on all questions, which by the said Confederation are submitted to them. And that the Articles thereof shall be inviolably observed by the States we respectively represent, and that the Union shall be perpetual.

In Witness whereof we have hereunto set our hands in Congress. Done at Philadelphia in the State of Pennsylvania the ninth day of July in the Year of our Lord One Thousand Seven Hundred and Seventy-Eight, and in the Third Year of the independence of America.

Agreed to by Congress 15 November 1777 In force after ratification by Maryland, 1 March 1781

As your own link points out, the Articles of Confederation were REPLACED....let me say that again....REPLACED by the Constitution.

Now...if you want to show us anywhere in this country where the Articles on Confederation still apply, I'm listening.

Really. Strawman arguments everywhere!! Geez, people. Do you know what logical fallacies are?!?!?! No one said they still apply. It is presented as evidence of a longstanding Christian tradition that influenced our nation and the principles it was founded on.

By the way, the rest of the world sees us as a Christian nation. What are they missing?

Last edited:

Article. VII.

G°. Washington

Delaware
Gunning Bedford jun
John Dickinson
Richard Bassett

Maryland
James McHenry
Dan of St Thos. Jenifer
Danl. Carroll

Virginia
John Blair
James Madison Jr.

North Carolina
Wm. Blount
Richd. Dobbs Spaight
Hu Williamson

South Carolina
J. Rutledge
Charles Pinckney
Pierce Butler

Georgia
William Few
Abr Baldwin

New Hampshire
John Langdon
Nicholas Gilman

Massachusetts
Nathaniel Gorham
Rufus King

Connecticut
Wm. Saml. Johnson
Roger Sherman

New York
Alexander Hamilton

New Jersey
David Brearley
Wm. Paterson

Pennsylvania
B Franklin
Thomas Mifflin
Robt. Morris
Geo. Clymer
Thos. FitzSimons
Jared Ingersoll
James Wilson
Gouv Morris

BTW...which "lord" does that date refer to? Does it say?

fauntleroy

FIRST

god =/= christ

have a nice day

surely you realize that that is simply not true.

madison, for example, was a deist.

have a nice day

What exactly is the point of getting your panties in a wad over whether the US is or is not a "Christian nation"?

Forum List

Back