Yet another turn in the Zimmerman/Martin Case!

I quite like the idea of being able to defend oneself... with lethal force, if necessary. But I am a grown up who prefers fact to fiction, likes the whole 'innocent until proven guilty' thing and considers all the evidence, not just the stuff that supports my preconceived ideas.

And that's fine.

Force should be applied proportional to force. But there should be no "get out of jail" free card when someone winds up dead...and it shouldn't be police calling those shots.
You may want that to be the case, but Florida gets to decide that for themselves. And, their law says no such thing.

As I said, that's the law. Your lack of ability to accept it is immature.

The statute states that to use deadly force there must be reasonable belief deadly force is being used.........................

And that's fine.

Force should be applied proportional to force. But there should be no "get out of jail" free card when someone winds up dead...and it shouldn't be police calling those shots.
You may want that to be the case, but Florida gets to decide that for themselves. And, their law says no such thing.

The statute states that to use deadly force there must be reasonable belief deadly force is being used.........................
No it does not. It says there has to be a reasonable fear of life, bodily harm, or of a felony being done.

You should read the law.

No it does not. It says there has to be a reasonable fear of life, bodily harm, or of a felony being done.

You should read the law.

I have, and the case law. FORCIBLE felony is the term used. Vague as all get out.

You should read the law.

I have, and the case law. FORCIBLE felony is the term used. Vague as all get out.
As I say, it's a bad law and needs to be addressed by the Florida legislature.

They say they will, now.

First the police video came out which appeared to show Zimmerman with no marks. I bought into it. Yet when the enhance the video using digital enhancements there is a MAJOR and very large mark on the back of his head. Those marks could only be made by a significant blow or blows!

Enhanced Video Of Zimmerman In Police Station Appears To Show Injuries | Fox News

All it shows is something. Can't even be sure it's any kind of injury. Could just as well be a patch of hair from a bad hair cut on an otherwise balding scalp. Or, more reasonably, a wrinkle of skin. All the image shows is that there is something, but it's impossible to tell what.

Also, you do realize that Zimmerman having some kind of injury on his head really doesn't establish anything significant at this point, right? The fact is already established. Repeating it does not in any way confirm Zimmerman's claim that Martin was the attacker, as opposed to Zimmerman being the one to instigate the situation.

It establishes that he was defending his life.

And that's fine.

You know. I wonder if there would be any such outcry if Treyvon Martin HAD murdered George Zimmerman? Or would we be not even hearing about how another black teen killed a member of the neighborhood watch because the news never went beyond local news section B coverage.

Zimmerman looks like a skinhead! Pale!

Oh my my my.

Whose photo are you looking at?

It is highly likely that Martin had no idea Zimmerman was gun toting. Otherwise he wouldn't have attacked.
Zimmerman claimed Martin tried to take away his gun. How could Martin try to disarm Zimmerman if he didn't know he had a gun?????
His gun was at his waist and his jacket was wide opened as he chased Martin. It is much more highly likely that Zimmerman's gun was in plain sight.

That is hearsay. Zimmerman has never claimed that that I've heard. Link?

It's not even hearsay. It's just complete fabrication.

Hearsay is someone who is relating what they have heard....

Ed's just making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is pretty much what he does all the time.
Why are the CON$erviNutzi know-it-alls always so uninformed?

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun - Yahoo!

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.

Zimmerman claimed Martin tried to take away his gun. How could Martin try to disarm Zimmerman if he didn't know he had a gun?????
His gun was at his waist and his jacket was wide opened as he chased Martin. It is much more highly likely that Zimmerman's gun was in plain sight.

Ed's just making shit up and trying to pass it off as fact. Which is pretty much what he does all the time.

George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News.
Zimmerman had claimed he had called police about Martin, whom he found suspicious, then went back to his car when Martin attacked him, punching him.

edthesickdick conveniently ignores the question of "when." Assuming that Zimmerman did say that to the cops, that doesn't mean that Trayvon knew about the gun when he approached Zimmerman or even when he first started fighting with Zimmerman. He may have discovered it -- for example -- only during the scuffle and only THEN "reached to grab" it.

As for what Zimmerman DID say in the alleged written statement, I can only add this caveat: it is not wise to place too much stock in the reporting of news outlets like NBC or ABC. Put it this way, if you heard the 9-1-1 cll tape played by NBC would you have known that they had edited?

As for the alleged written statement, have YOU seen it?

I know I haven't.

You know. I wonder if there would be any such outcry if Treyvon Martin HAD murdered George Zimmerman? Or would we be not even hearing about how another black teen killed a member of the neighborhood watch because the news never went beyond local news section B coverage.

With Skittles against a 9mm? yes, we WOULD be hearing of it.........................

It was a Zimmerman who said that.

Just not George.

It was his father who said that.

Hmmm....I hadn't heard that. I have heard others claim that that was fabricated by the media. Do you have a link perhaps?
Every time CON$erviNutzis are confronted with the truth, they attack the "media." :cuckoo:

Here is Zimmerman's own brother admitting that Martin tried to "disarm" Zimmerman.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. says Trayvon Martin tried to take brother's gun | News - Home
Robert Zimmerman Jr., George Zimmerman's brother, says Trayvon Martin was shot while his brother tried to prevent the teen from grabbing his gun.

It was a Zimmerman who said that.

Just not George.

It was his father who said that.

Hmmm....I hadn't heard that. I have heard others claim that that was fabricated by the media. Do you have a link perhaps?
Every time CON$erviNutzis are confronted with the truth, they attack the "media." :cuckoo:

Here is Zimmerman's own brother admitting that Martin tried to "disarm" Zimmerman.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. says Trayvon Martin tried to take brother's gun | News - Home
Robert Zimmerman Jr., George Zimmerman's brother, says Trayvon Martin was shot while his brother tried to prevent the teen from grabbing his gun.

Every time edthesickdick is exposed as a flaming turd, he uses some childish new variant of his same old tired label for conservative.

He edthesickdick, based on your amazing grasp of the reporting, tell us (with citation and link) at what point Trayvon first became aware of the gun.

With Skittles against a 9mm? yes, we WOULD be hearing of it.........................
Ever hit someone with a full can in your fist?

edthesickdick conveniently ignores the question of "when." Assuming that Zimmerman did say that to the cops, that doesn't mean that Trayvon knew about the gun when he approached Zimmerman or even when he first started fighting with Zimmerman. He may have discovered it -- for example -- only during the scuffle and only THEN "reached to grab" it.

As for what Zimmerman DID say in the alleged written statement, I can only add this caveat: it is not wise to place too much stock in the reporting of news outlets like NBC or ABC. Put it this way, if you heard the 9-1-1 cll tape played by NBC would you have known that they had edited?

I know I haven't.
Do you mean like FOX edited the Hoffa Jr tape, which CON$erviNutzis defended to the hilt???????

Ever hit someone with a full can in your fist?

While talking one a ceell phone in the other hand? No, I cannot say that I have...................... must be the deadly skittles that put the killer in fear of his life, "toxic" sugar. :doubt:

you know. I wonder if there would be any such outcry if treyvon martin had murdered george zimmerman? Or would we be not even hearing about how another black teen killed a member of the neighborhood watch because the news never went beyond local news section b coverage.

with skittles against a 9mm? Yes, we would be hearing of it.........................
ever hit someone with a full can in your fist?

shut up nipplehead

He was a big athletic football player who knocked the man down, broke his nose and was beating his head on the ground leaving him disoriented and screaming for help. If Martin had had the sense to, and grabbed Zimmerman's gun, it could have been used on him. It is not nearly out of the realm of possibility.

Si is right too. Loading a fist with anything is bad news. It's why gangsters used to carry rolls of quarters back in the day. A can of something would be even worse.

There are many ways this could have gone wrong. There are many places on the body that if you hit them you can kill very easily. I've studied enough martial arts to know that many of them can be hit by accident too.

I know I haven't.
Do you mean like FOX edited the Hoffa Jr tape, * * * ???????

No, shithead. I mean like NBC edited the Zimmerman 9-1-1 call tape.

Try not to deflect so hard when you realize you've been exposed as a pissant little fraud, m'kay?

Forum List

Back