Yikes: McCarthy & Taylor-Greene warn telecom companies not to turn over Jan 6 phone records

As known, you have no problem with the democrat utterly crushing the 4th Amendment and scouring the private conversations of millions of Americans in their witch hunt for Der Juden.

You have nothing in common with a libertarian. Even your Marxist mentor Chomsky has more respect for civil rights.
I always wondered what would happen to Republican "libertarians" (you know, the ones who never really "got" it - they just didn't want to pay taxes) - when their party leaders went full-tilt statist. Now we know. They'll drop their fake libertarian values like a rock and hop on the crazy train. Enjoy the ride, sellout.

Interesting. I wonder why they would be worried about such a thing. It was just a tour that got a little rowdy!

Any guesses?

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) have warned telecommunications companies against sharing information with the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) joined House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in threatening telecommunications companies that comply with a records request from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday. Greene is pictured after a press conference outside the Capitol in Washington, D.C. on August 23, 2021.

McCarthy and Greene on Tuesday both suggested that the companies would face repercussions for complying with the committee's request for data once Republicans are in control of the government. The committee asked 35 telecommunications and social media companies to supply it with the records on Monday.

Some of the requested records pertain to Greene and other Republican members of Congress who were involved in the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally supporting former President Donald Trump's false claims that he "won" the 2020 election, according to CNN. Shortly after the rally, the Capitol was breached by rioters who claimed that Trump was a victim of election fraud.
MTG in particular is just doing what Drumpf instructed her to do. This is just a rallying cry for severely retarded Drumpf supporters probably in a bid to get more money donated. Normally they would just file suit to stop such a thing. Basically they are just grandstanding.

I always wondered what would happen to Republican "libertarians" (you know, the ones who never really "got" it - they just didn't want to pay taxes) - when their party leaders went full-tilt statist. Now we know. They'll drop their fake libertarian values like a rock and hop on the crazy train. Enjoy the ride, sellout.

Yet I support the 4th Amendment and all civil rights.

You don't. You DO support hunting down enemies of the democrat Reich, though - using any means necessary.

Yet I support the 4th Amendment and all civil rights.

You don't. You DO support hunting down enemies of the democrat Reich, though - using any means necessary.
I still say we need a 'hand jerking off' emoji. Can someone get on that?

You are a Nazi, you seek to utterly crush all civil rights. I get it. The Reichstag Fire gives you cover to hunt down and eradicate Der Juden.

We understand. You, like all democrats, are dedicated to ending the United States Constitution and the Republic it represents. You are a Nazi, you promote totalitarian dictatorship and seek to violently crush any opposition to your fascist party.

This frontal assault on the 4th Amendment is exactly what thrills traitorous thugs like you. We are very much in a civil war, you and your fellow Nazis fight every single day to end America once and for all. You don't face the resistance your should. Greene has stood up to vermin and you hate her. McCarthy is a milquetoast moderate. That you thugs have overstepped the bounds to the extent to get even squishy fish Kevin to speak up shows how outrageous your assault on the Bill of Rights has gotten.
Sure. And here you (and the rest of your alt-right brethren) are threatening civil war and violence on a daily basis. All because you liked living under an authoritarian strong man who made you feel safe and promised to return your country to you..

Hmmm..I seem to remember this guy a long time ago....somewhere in Europe who promised to do the same things for his people.....who was that guy again? :)

Interesting. I wonder why they would be worried about such a thing. It was just a tour that got a little rowdy!

Any guesses?

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) have warned telecommunications companies against sharing information with the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) joined House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in threatening telecommunications companies that comply with a records request from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday. Greene is pictured after a press conference outside the Capitol in Washington, D.C. on August 23, 2021.

McCarthy and Greene on Tuesday both suggested that the companies would face repercussions for complying with the committee's request for data once Republicans are in control of the government. The committee asked 35 telecommunications and social media companies to supply it with the records on Monday.

Some of the requested records pertain to Greene and other Republican members of Congress who were involved in the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally supporting former President Donald Trump's false claims that he "won" the 2020 election, according to CNN. Shortly after the rally, the Capitol was breached by rioters who claimed that Trump was a victim of election fraud.

Meh. A little Fascism never hurt anyone

They're not. It's already been alluded to and Gym Jordan himself has said he was in contact with Trump several times that day, wanting him to deploy the National Guard..(riiiighhtttt.....).
What they are scared of is a public relations nightmare. Standing members of Congress aiding and abetting an insurrection, probably calling Trump to coordinate and tell him to keep up the good fight.
The worst would be if they found that any Republican member actually gave directions for the protesters that would have threatened the lives of Democrats in the building..or worse, the Vice President
and his family.

They have a huge distraction in Afghanistan that isn't going to last as long as they think it will. This would stop that momentum in its tracks.

Sure. And here you (and the rest of your alt-right brethren) are threatening civil war and violence on a daily basis. All because you liked living under an authoritarian strong man who made you feel safe and promised to return your country to you..

Hmmm..I seem to remember this guy a long time ago....somewhere in Europe who promised to do the same things for his people.....who was that guy again? :)
Not quite the same. The guy in Europe used Jews to obtain power. The twice impeached one had to settle for Mexicans.

Any guesses?

It's called a fishing expedition. They need to state the crime and get a court order to get access to that information.

Isnt this um sort of illegal ? Smacks of a mafia family intimidating witnesses.

Of course it's illegal. To obtain personal records one needs a warrant from a court to proceed, not that it's anything Nazis worry about. But if they get away with this, what goes around comes around, just like when Republicans take control of the House in 2022, Biden will be impeached, perhaps twice.

So when the Republicans do take charge, demand all the phone and text records of every Communist in Congress during the first Trump impeachment.

Well, then these Congress critters shouldn't have any issue with having their phone records being perused. According to Glenn, they did nothing wrong.
I mean, what I saw on TV..did happen. I watched it unfold and then watched it intently for several hours. I heard Trump give his speech. I saw the reaction of the crowd.
I saw the thousands of Trump signs, Trump shirts, Trump hats.

Are you ready to position that January 6th didn't happen?
Cause that would be mind boggling.

It would be a huge swing-and-a-miss if they're wrong, though.

You mean like when they pressured Romney into releasing his income tax records with the claim they had "inside" information he never paid any federal tax? When they were proven to be liars, did anybody care?

do you have any proof of that?

Wow I can't believe you are so uninformed but you only pay attention far right wing propaganda so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

There is an inspector general investigating this.

You mean like when they pressured Romney into releasing his income tax records with the claim they had "inside" information he never paid any federal tax? When they were proven to be liars, did anybody care?
Trying to change the subject has nothing to do with what will happen.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Forum List

Back