You are given 1000 bucks to spend. Where?

Books are my life and over the years (I'm 73) I have acquired a good sized personal library. However, there is so much information on the internet nowadays that I rarely purchase more than a book a month and then only at discounted prices. Since I can't download a hammer, I would take the $1,000 to the hardware store.

Well we don't need any hardware, at least that $1,000 would cover. And we have plenty of cookware including a wok. But I sure could have fun with $1,000 on Amazon.com which I guess is close enough to being a bookstore?

Long as it's books at amazon and not something else, lol. Rules are rules. Books, cookware, hardware stores. Them's the choices. :)

Cookware Store.

A long time ago, I spent over $1,000 for a set of knives (including a 10-inch chef's knife.) and it was one of the best investments I ever made. Cookware stores used to be my favorite places to shop, but over the years, I acquired everything I really wanted.

I must admit though that some of the new colors make me want to replace a lot of cookware and appliances.

Long as it's books at amazon and not something else, lol. Rules are rules. Books, cookware, hardware stores. Them's the choices. :)

No fair because bookstores often offer more than just books. Such as software for the computer or movies and stuff. And movie collections is where I would go with most of it. And electronic books for my Kindle of course.

But oh well. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm headed off to find my pillow. I'll thnk about this tomorrow. Good night all.

My first instinct is to put it in savings. Too much to spend in any of those places, I'd feel like I was throwing it away.

If I had to spend it, I guess the cookware. Then I would sell it.

Hardware store. I'd use it to expand my kitchen enough that I could use the cookware I already have. I have tons of books, so I don't need more of those.

Kitchen store

I have my eye on a Vita mix but I can't justify buying one right now so give me the cash and it's the first thing I'd get

th

After being a homeowner for over two decades there isn't a tool left I do not own.

I am so overwhelmed with books I could easily open up a used bookstore

If there's a kitchen utensil I don't already have two or more of, I surely do not need it.

After being a homeowner for over two decades there isn't a tool left I do not own.

If there's a kitchen utensil I don't already have two or more of, I surely do not need it.

Then you should head down to New Orleans for a weekend of free debauchery.

Then you should head down to New Orleans for a weekend of free debauchery.

Sounds like a good idea.

Except when I go into full debauchery mode, Skull, a thou would not last me much more than into the early part of the first evening.

Still I'd take it.

Forum List

Back