You believe the BS they tell us about the level of inflation?

IDIOCRACY

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
My eyes and cranium say it's BS, and these essentials say the same. This is not a reflection of today's prices, which are greater than this reflects.

This shows the differences between December 2020 and December 2023 (three years). Take note, while we saw a recession in 2020, most of the GDP had recovered by December 2020, for -3.4% for the year.

001.JPG

Last edited:
Like I've said, try and convince a struggling family that Bidenomics is great. You better duck and run.
You figure groceries have really gone up just 20% in three years? Must be nice. Then again, I live in Nevada, and apparently, based on recent prices, our grocery bill runs the second highest in the country, second only to communist California. Strikes me the increase is closer to 40%, but a few items, like almond milk, and probably milk too haven't increased much at all.

Say, considering California grows so much food, HTF does the State have the highest grocery bills in the USA? Rhetorical, perhaps.

Even at the declared inflation value of 17.7 cents on the dollar over three years, dang, that's to close to 1/5th. I'm good, but can say my pension increased 9.27% over that time. IN other terms, I've lost 9% spending power, ishhhhhh.

Last edited:
Speak of dollars, have you guys looked at your 401K and that? You figure it's great? Mine is with a reputable, basic large and large-medium cap stuff, spread-out. It sits; additions come natural, no W/D. Over the last 24 months it's increased 13%. Big whoop, 6.5% a year. But that's the good news, because over the last 36 months it's increased just 5%......................FUCK. That doesn't come close to their declared value of 17.7% inflation over three years.

Think of that, 401K doesn't come close to beating Bidenflation. Some great stock market.

Last edited:
Things that escape the inflation rate but none the less cost families more... like cable and internet charges gas and electric... insurance... and even trash pick up...
Do not believe the media... they live in a pampered world unattached to ours... they have golden health insurance policies private schools for their kids... guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars... most don't even shop for themselves and they tell us inflation is not so bad....

Speak of dollars, have you guys looked at your 401K and that? You figure it's great? Mine is with a reputable, basic large and large-medium cap stuff, spread-out. It sits; additions come natural, no W/D. Over the last 24 months it's increased 13%. Big whoop, 6.5% a year. But that's the good news, because over the last 36 months it's increased just 5%......................FUCK. That doesn't come close to their declared value of 17.7% inflation over three years.

Think of that, 401K doesn't come close to beating Bidenflation. Some great stock market.
sluggish 401ks are the untold story...

Notice how the leftards run away from threads like this.

Once they can't gaslight us anymore, they have nothing. So they're silent.

Lefties totally screwed the pooch these last few years. They have Juan and Ahmed waltzing across the border, their gay poster boys are being arrested for assault and thievery, and they fucked up the economy big-time. That was AFTER the race riots, and AFTER the election thievery.

Anyone who votes for these idiots is totally fucking brain dead.

Things that escape the inflation rate but none the less cost families more... like cable and internet charges gas and electric... insurance... and even trash pick up...
Do not believe the media... they live in a pampered world unattached to ours... they have golden health insurance policies private schools for their kids... guaranteed contracts for millions of dollars... most don't even shop for themselves and they tell us inflation is not so bad....
I just got my car insurance bill yesterday. I had to do a double-take: it’s up by 25%.

And they’re tricky: the payment is due July 1, giving me no time to compare and review policies from other suppliers.

You can either drink the KoolAde, or realize that Biden's 25% bump of INFLATION is real

The typical American household must spend an additional $11,434 annually just to maintain the same standard of living.

OP, do you know Trump's stated POLICY to decrease inflation?
I know! I know! I know!

1. Lower energy prices
2. Reduced regulations
3. Tariffs to raise revenue and increase domestic production
4. Build LNG terminals
5. Build pipelines, including KeystoneXL
6. Better trade deals
7. Oppose China's IT theft and unfair trade practices
8. Cut Federal spending
9. Open ANWR

My plumber told me that copper tubing has went up so much they try to use existing tubing as much as possible in places that don't require an installation permit.....In most of those places everything has to be new.

He said PVC has almost tripled in price.

Little shit that you don't pay any attention to till it reaches up and bites you in the wallet.

You figure groceries have really gone up just 20% in three years? Must be nice. Then again, I live in Nevada, and apparently, based on recent prices, our grocery bill runs the second highest in the country, second only to communist California. Strikes me the increase is closer to 40%, but a few items, like almond milk, and probably milk too haven't increased much at all.

Say, considering California grows so much food, HTF does the State have the highest grocery bills in the USA? Rhetorical, perhaps.

Even at the declared inflation value of 17.7 cents on the dollar over three years, dang, that's to close to 1/5th. I'm good, but can say my pension increased 9.27% over that time. IN other terms, I've lost 9% spending power, ishhhhhh.
I am in Indiana - and groceries have most definitely went up more than 20%.
It has just been the two of us for 9 years now.
For years weekly grocery shopping would be between $120 - $150
Today it is usually between $160-$180. Regularly breaking $200.
That is a 34% increase at least

I don’t read the economist gibberish. I look at my checkbook. I’m paying more for pretty much everything now than I was in January of 2021; and not by a small amount.

I’m fortunate in that I recently received a promotion at work that came with a significant pay raise, so SOME of the issue has been mitigated, but not all of it.

Speak of dollars, have you guys looked at your 401K and that? You figure it's great? Mine is with a reputable, basic large and large-medium cap stuff, spread-out. It sits; additions come natural, no W/D. Over the last 24 months it's increased 13%.

The S&P 500 is up 45.3% over the last 24 months.

I don’t read the economist gibberish. I look at my checkbook. I’m paying more for pretty much everything now than I was in January of 2021; and not by a small amount.

I’m fortunate in that I recently received a promotion at work that came with a significant pay raise, so SOME of the issue has been mitigated, but not all of it.
Consider the unfortunate retirees who rely on SS for most of their income (if not all). A measly 3% (on a low payment, so it doesn’t amount to much at all) just puts them further behind.

My mother got a 3% increase on her $1500 SS while her Assisted Living facility, at $5000 a month, raised the fee 9%.

The S&P 500 is up 45.3% over the last 24 months.
So the top 1% that owns 50% of everything has done well under Biden.

Forum List

Back