you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

I disapprove of pimping one's child and making children into burdens. Palin did both.

The issue, for you, is her last name. Simple. No matter what she does, you're gonna slam her for it. Difference between you, and many others on here, and people like Si modo and I is that both Si and I see past her name, or her Mom's political views. We tend to judge individuals as individuals. And, of course, we're both smart enough to get our facts straight before we mouth off.

I disapprove of pimping one's child and making children into burdens. Palin did both.

The issue, for you, is her last name. Simple. No matter what she does, you're gonna slam her for it. Difference between you, and many others on here, and people like Si modo and I is that both Si and I see past her name, or her Mom's political views. We tend to judge individuals as individuals. And, of course, we're both smart enough to get our facts straight before we mouth off.

i wish i was as smaht as you.

:rofl:

I wish you were too. :lol::lol:

People on this thread have come up with bullshit excuse after bullshit excuse, each and every one has been shown to be crap.... and still they whine about it. So, if their 'reason's are bullshit, what's left? It has to be about her, not the advert. I'm impressed that so many people can come up with so much bullshit about one 20 year old girl who made a mistake and is now trying to use that experience to help others.

People on this thread have come up with bullshit excuse after bullshit excuse, each and every one has been shown to be crap.... and still they whine about it. So, if their 'reason's are bullshit, what's left? It has to be about her, not the advert. I'm impressed that so many people can come up with so much bullshit about one 20 year old girl who made a mistake and is now trying to use that experience to help others.

she's trying to use that experience to make money. EOF

wake up and smell the twinings, dearie.

My bad. Defending someone you don't admire.
Um, because it's the right thing to do?
Bringing up Obama to defend Bristol Palin is the right thing to do?
Irrespective of whether I admire a person or not, if I think the attacks are not called for, I defend. That's what you asked, in case you didn't know. I hardly admire the President - not even close - but I defend him often. Just yesterday, for example. It's the right thing to do in my book.

she's trying to use that experience to make money. EOF

wake up and smell the twinings, dearie.

She has previously said, I think, that she wants to use her experience to help others before they get into the same situation. Lots of people use their experiences to help others - and get paid for it. Just look at the amount of 'victims' who write books, get paid to speak, and do exactly what Bristol did... and there is no outrage about it. In fact, quite the opposite. They are considered to be 'brave' for telling their story and using their trauma to help others.

If it's fair criticism, great... but this isn't fair criticism, its' about her Mom. And, for the record, Sarah Palin pisses me off.... and, from the very little I know of Bristol, she would probably piss me off too. But, this ad.... this does not piss me off. I'm interested to see what, if any, further work she does for Candie's. Because, as yet, we do not know that this was $262k for one ad.... it may well be for a years contract to work with them, for all I know. We're all making assumptions about that part.

Um, because it's the right thing to do?
Irrespective of whether I admire a person or not, if I think the attacks are not called for, I defend. That's what you asked, in case you didn't know. I hardly admire the President - not even close - but I defend him often. Just yesterday, for example. It's the right thing to do in my book.
You brought up Obama to defend her, and that is what I was commenting on.

If Bristol Palin inspires just one girl - just one- to "pause before she plays" she has earned her salary. All "prevention programs" are limited in efficacy. But in this case, it seems cost effective - even without govt dollars. Imagine that.

But, that's not your original question that I answered. Is your memory that poor? Or shall I post the entire exchange for all to see?

With respect to my bringing up Obama, I have no issue with what he did. It's not unusual for any public figure to appear with their children - 'pimping' is what you called it. If bringing one's child into the public eye is always a bad thing - as you imply with your choice of words - you have a bit of perspective, one might hope. Seeing perfection in the human named Obama, you should be familiar with hope.

From the Candie's Foundation regarding Bristol Palin's involvement:

the candie's foundation

For ten years, The Candie's Foundation has been working to prevent teen pregnancy by producing and funding celebrity-driven print, television, radio and online public service announcements. Ms. Palin was compensated for her work with the foundation, which included appearing in video and print PSAs, two town hall meetings, and numerous media interviews.

The message of the foundation about teen pregnancy prevention has generated more than ONE BILLION media impressions – tremendous reach for any teen pregnancy prevention campaign. We know that Ms. Palin's work has had a positive effect on teens. In a recent independent national survey of 1,000 teens that compared a Bristol Palin PSA with those of nother national teen pregnancy organization that use non-famous teens, more than twice as many teens (57% vs. 27%) said Bristol's PSA "got my attention", three times as many (41% vs. 11%) said it was "powerful", and more than twice as many (38% vs. 16%) said it was "memorable".

Bristol Palin is one of dozens of celebrities who has worked with the foundation. She has been a courageous and powerful partner to the foundation as we attempt to discourage teen pregnancy.

Below the above statement is a link to the research, backing up the campaign.

Shockingly, I was correct. She was not paid $262k for one advert. She was paid for a series of work undertaken with the charity.

But, that's not your original question that I answered. Is your memory that poor? Or shall I post the entire exchange for all to see?

With respect to my bringing up Obama, I have no issue with what he did. It's not unusual for any public figure to appear with their children - 'pimping' is what you called it. If bringing one's child into the public eye is always a bad thing - as you imply with your choice of words - you have a bit of perspective, one might hope. Seeing perfection in the human named Obama, you should be familiar with hope.
No, my memory is fine. Here you go. I was wrong about your admiration but you certainly brought up Obama to defend her. I find that amusing.

:eek: She forgot to say:

What if I didn't pimp my child for profit

:lol:
I'm wondering if that's worse than 'pimping' your children in an election.

YouTube - Obama family goes Unplugged on Access Hollywood! (pt 3 of 4)
Yes, it's always good to bring someone else up to defend the actions of one you admire. :lol:

No, my memory is fine. Here you go. I was wrong about your admiration but you certainly brought up Obama to defend her. I find that amusing.

I'm wondering if that's worse than 'pimping' your children in an election.

YouTube - Obama family goes Unplugged on Access Hollywood! (pt 3 of 4)
Yes, it's always good to bring someone else up to defend the actions of one you admire. :lol:
Yes, I did. I see nothing wrong with bringing one's children into the public eye in these cases.

You do as you call it 'pimping'.

Now, you have some perspective. Or not. I suspect you do, but it goes against your character to admit much of anything. That's odd, but that's you.

If Bristol Palin inspires just one girl - just one- to "pause before she plays" she has earned her salary. All "prevention programs" are limited in efficacy. But in this case, it seems cost effective - even without govt dollars. Imagine that.

Does Bristol Palin actually appear on teen's radar screens? I tend to think not. She seems to be more well known among the politically minded older population.

Whether she is the right choice for this sort of spokesperson or not, it just doesn't make sense to me why she was chosen if the aim truly is to educate teens. This is just a sweet deal for Bristol. Nothing more.

the candie's foundation

For ten years, The Candie's Foundation has been working to prevent teen pregnancy by producing and funding celebrity-driven print, television, radio and online public service announcements. Ms. Palin was compensated for her work with the foundation, which included appearing in video and print PSAs, two town hall meetings, and numerous media interviews.

The message of the foundation about teen pregnancy prevention has generated more than ONE BILLION media impressions – tremendous reach for any teen pregnancy prevention campaign. We know that Ms. Palin's work has had a positive effect on teens. In a recent independent national survey of 1,000 teens that compared a Bristol Palin PSA with those of nother national teen pregnancy organization that use non-famous teens, more than twice as many teens (57% vs. 27%) said Bristol's PSA "got my attention", three times as many (41% vs. 11%) said it was "powerful", and more than twice as many (38% vs. 16%) said it was "memorable".

Bristol Palin is one of dozens of celebrities who has worked with the foundation. She has been a courageous and powerful partner to the foundation as we attempt to discourage teen pregnancy.

Shockingly, I was correct. She was not paid $262k for one advert. She was paid for a series of work undertaken with the charity.

So this is just another "I hate Bristol Palin" thread. I really get tired of the Palin-bashing threads.

Does Bristol Palin actually appear on teen's radar screens? I tend to think not. She seems to be more well known among the politically minded older population.

Whether she is the right choice for this sort of spokesperson or not, it just doesn't make sense to me why she was chosen if the aim truly is to educate teens. This is just a sweet deal for Bristol. Nothing more.

Apparently, you can't read the information provided by the Charity. Yes, she does register on their radar. Perhaps you should find out before you post? Just an idea.

the candie's foundation

So this is just another "I hate Bristol Palin" thread. I really get tired of the Palin-bashing threads.

It does appear that the real issue is her last name.

Every single bullshit 'point' has been systematically blown out of the water... and still they whine.

Apparently, you can't read the information provided by the Charity. Yes, she does register on their radar. Perhaps you should find out before you post? Just an idea.

I'd believe if I heard it from an independent source.

Forum List

Back