you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

Should Virgins be the one's Warning other Young People?...

:)

peace...

I'm impressed by your ignorance.

Please, Explain...

Palin is Experienced in the Mistake...

Why wouldn't she be a Good Lesson from her own Perspective?

peace...

"quite well" ? They all gave a very poor showing. And you have wonder what pitting Bristol against Jenny McCarthy and two unknowns tells you about the intentions of the researchers.
When one has four choices, one of those choices scoring more than 25% is doing pretty well, in my book.

But, that's just me.

Let me guess.... you understand basic math, right? :lol:
Even basic arithmetic. Who knew?

Miley Cyrus comes to mind as a better choice for spokesperson.

She's has a huge base of fans among teens. She actually is a good example to the kids, having not had a baby, unlike Miss Palin.

Anyone else have any ideas?

She's has a huge base of fans among teens. She actually is a good example to the kids, having not had a baby, unlike Miss Palin.

I wonder what she would have charged?

No idea.
But that does bring us back to the issue of the astronomical amount Palin was paid. Something about this whole deal just stinks, IMO.

I assume you have some kind of research to back that up. Some academic research demonstrating the suitability of Ms Cyrus measured against Ms Palin perhaps?

These guys who work for Candie's... they're experts with this target market. They know what does and does not work with teens. They've been running this foundation for 10 years, and they're the charity arm of the fashion brand.

You seem to think this is an 'either/or' thing... it isn't. They may well use Miley... assuming Miley agrees... they use a whole bunch of celebrities in a variety of ways.... you're looking at this as one message... it's not. Its part of a series of messages with a lot of celebs.

I find it sad that people can't see past their own prejudices to see the good that Bristol will do with this.

No idea.
But that does bring us back to the issue of the astronomical amount Palin was paid. Something about this whole deal just stinks, IMO.
I imagine Myley Cyrus would have a big ticket cost. But, as I said, I am not up to date on going celebrity rates.

Publicity costs money. It's just the way it is.

I assume you have some kind of research to back that up. Some academic research demonstrating the suitability of Ms Cyrus measured against Ms Palin perhaps?
Like I care that much about who is or isn't more popular than Bristol Palin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See what I mean about you lacking common sense?

Lindsey Lohan?

You cleary don't really care who it is, just that it isn't a Palin.

Like I care that much about who is or isn't more popular than Bristol Palin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I see that you do though. It's not about popularity. :lol: It's about who speaks to kids in a way that those kids will take seriously.

Lindsey Lohan?

You cleary don't really care who it is, just that it isn't a Palin.
Sarah would be fine though probabaly not all that effective. As far as I know she practiced safe sex as a teen.

No, I see that you do though. It's not about popularity. :lol: It's about who speaks to kids in a way that those kids will take seriously.
Kids aren't as dumb as you think. :eusa_whistle:

Well, del, it's true you can't make this stuff up nor this thread either. LOL!

Bristol Palin as example to teens why teens shouldn't have babies.

:rofl:

You guys are killin' me!

You guys are killin' me!
Not that it already hasn't been said, a drunk who lost everything due to irresponsible drinking and who now has a good life since stopping drinking has a powerful message to those who may not drink responsibly. Same here. Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them, for example, has a powerful message.

You guys are killin' me!
Not that it already hasn't been said, a drunk who lost everything due to irresponsible drinking and who now has a good life since stopping drinking has a powerful message to those who may not drink responsibly. Same here. Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them, for example, has a powerful message.
Is that how you would characterize Bristol Palin? I bet she has 6 nannies and 12 personal shoppers. All she is is an example of how you can have your cake and eat it too.

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

Should Virgins be the one's Warning other Young People?...

peace...

are you willing to do it?

You guys are killin' me!
Is that how you would characterize Bristol Palin? I bet she has 6 nannies and 12 personal shoppers. All she is is an example of how you can have your cake and eat it too.
Yes, that is. She is not going to college, so that's correct. She does not have the freedom others non-mothers in her age group have because she does have a baby. And, I would imagine she has had to seriously alter the plans she envisioned for herself. Just guessing though, since you are guessing about her having 18 personal servants.

Funny thing is, I don't love her, nor do I hate her. I don't dislike her, nor do I like her. I have no opinion about her person at all as I know nothing about her other than seeing what is on this board. Thus, I have zero emotional agenda in this thread.

I am pretty sure most here can't say the same.

Forum List

Back