you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

Well, del, it's true you can't make this stuff up nor this thread either. LOL!

Bristol Palin as example to teens why teens shouldn't have babies.

:rofl:

You guys are killin' me!
Not that it already hasn't been said, a drunk who lost everything due to irresponsible drinking and who now has a good life since stopping drinking has a powerful message to those who may not drink responsibly. Same here. Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them, for example, has a powerful message.
Is that how you would characterize Bristol Palin? I bet she has 6 nannies and 12 personal shoppers. All she is is an example of how you can have your cake and eat it too.

You 'bet'? Well, that's a legitimate argument..... not.

She actually is a good example..... the research says so. Why do you hate research? Are facts not your friends? I thought it was the right that 'hated' science. Oh well.

You guys are killin' me!
Not that it already hasn't been said, a drunk who lost everything due to irresponsible drinking and who now has a good life since stopping drinking has a powerful message to those who may not drink responsibly. Same here. Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them, for example, has a powerful message.

i agree. unfortunately, bristol isn't that *someone*.

is this a breakthrough?

Is that how you would characterize Bristol Palin? I bet she has 6 nannies and 12 personal shoppers. All she is is an example of how you can have your cake and eat it too.

She actually is a good example..... the research says so. Why do you hate research? Are facts not your friends? I thought it was the right that 'hated' science. Oh well.

rdean spends a lot of time crowing about research.

:eusa_angel:

You guys are killin' me!

is this a breakthrough?
That's what makes marketing a challenge. We do not all have the same tastes. But those making the decisions about what sort of marketing should be done, try to make decisions that give the best bang for their buck. It seems that is exactly what the foundation did.

is this a breakthrough?
That's what makes marketing a challenge. We do not all have the same tastes. But those making the decisions about what sort of marketing should be done, try to make decisions that give the best bang for their buck. It seems that is exactly what the foundation did.

so you're saying that bristol is an example of " Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them"?

really?

:lol:

such a kidder; you really had me going. :thup:

Like I care that much about who is or isn't more popular than Bristol Palin. :lol: :lol: :lol:

See what I mean about you lacking common sense?

No, I see that you do though. It's not about popularity. :lol: It's about who speaks to kids in a way that those kids will take seriously.
Kids aren't as dumb as you think. :eusa_whistle:

I don't think they're dumb. You see what I mean about allowing emotions to get the best of you? Because I don't have an issue with Bristol Palin undertaking this work, you have made ridiculous comment after ridiculous comment. Apparently, I think kids are dumb. Nope. I must be on Bristol Palin's payroll. Nope. I expect any second that you'll accuse me of supporting her mother. That ain't true either. I just don't get hyperbolic based on personal views.

The charity has 10 years under their belt doing this kind of work. If you have relevant experience, then I would take your opinion seriously. You don't. I know enough about Public Relations and Marketing to understand what they're doing and why. That's why I have no issue with it.

Yea... unfortunately he struggles with the outcomes of research... and tends to rely on one (misread) piece of research which results in 6% of his posts making some vague sense.

is this a breakthrough?

so you're saying that bristol is an example of " Someone who used poor judgment and who now cannot go to college or be as free as her peers or follow her dreams as she originally envisioned them"?

really?

:lol:

such a kidder; you really had me going. :thup:
Well, that and that just because YOU don't like her doesn't mean she is not an effective choice for the foundation.

Yea... unfortunately he struggles with the outcomes of research... and tends to rely on one (misread) piece of research which results in 6% of his posts making some vague sense.

it's not research when you set it up to give the result you want.

would you prefer pepper or shit?

pepper wins in a landslide.

shocker

shocker

What is it that you think the charity has to gain by skewing their own results? They're not publicly funded, they had no reason to twist their results. This is a very standard way of ascertaining which celebrities a charity to target to work with. They get feedback from their target demographic and use that as a starting point. Then, they research those celebrities and approach them. Once they have a group of celebs, they develop campaigns around those people.

I honestly don't think many people on this board are thinking about this logically. Bristol Palin was a good choice, for some strange reason (probably that Dancing on Ice shit) she has name recognition, and young people (again for some strange reason) seem to like or respect her. So they used her. What is the problem with that? Give me just one logical, well thought out reason why not? Not an opinion (like they should use virigins), or a set of other celebs, or any bullshit... just one LOGICAL reason against her.

Yes, that is. She is not going to college, so that's correct. She does not have the freedom others non-mothers in her age group have because she does have a baby. And, I would imagine she has had to seriously alter the plans she envisioned for herself. Just guessing though, since you are guessing about her having 18 personal servants.

Funny thing is, I don't love her, nor do I hate her. I don't dislike her, nor do I like her. I have no opinion about her person at all as I know nothing about her other than seeing what is on this board. Thus, I have zero emotional agenda in this thread.

I am pretty sure most here can't say the same.
Why isn't she going to college if she really wants to? Plenty of single teens moms from the projects manage to get their act together and do it. Why can't Bristol, with all her resources and less to challenge her, do the same?

I don't love or hate Bristol either. I saw her once on some news show and she seemed like a very nice unpretentious young lady. As controversial as her mother may be, it doesn't reflect on her.

shocker

What is it that you think the charity has to gain by skewing their own results? They're not publicly funded, they had no reason to twist their results. This is a very standard way of ascertaining which celebrities a charity to target to work with. They get feedback from their target demographic and use that as a starting point. Then, they research those celebrities and approach them. Once they have a group of celebs, they develop campaigns around those people.

I honestly don't think many people on this board are thinking about this logically. Bristol Palin was a good choice, for some strange reason (probably that Dancing on Ice shit) she has name recognition, and young people (again for some strange reason) seem to like or respect her. So they used her. What is the problem with that? Give me just one logical, well thought out reason why not? Not an opinion (like they should use virigins), or a set of other celebs, or any bullshit... just one LOGICAL reason against her.

how do you know they have no reason to skew their results?

what makes you think that the charitable arm of a private for-profit corporation exists for anything beyond a tax writeoff?

shocker

how do you know they have no reason to skew their results?

what makes you think that the charitable arm of a private for-profit corporation exists for anything beyond a tax writeoff?

I don't really care what their reason is. The work that their charity does is necessary and important. The reason - for me - to accept their results is that I don't see what they have to gain from skewing them. What's in it for them to skew their results?

People seem to be of the opinion that Bristol Palin is their sole spokeperson. She is not. I have already provided a link to a list of celebrities who work on behalf of the charity. Then the argument was that she was paid $262k for one advert. No, she wasn't. She was paid for one campaign - that includes the tv ad, a set of interviews, and other ad work. Then, she's not suitable because she's a single parent. That's actually what makes her the right person to do it. She uses her own experience to explain why it's not smart. Then, the argument changes to there are better celebrities they could have chosen. How do we know they haven't already approached those and been turned down? We don't. How do we know they haven't signed others up for future campaigns? Again, we don't.

In short, every single 'reason' is bullshit.

shocker

The Simon says method of teaching doesn't work. You have one unwed teen mother telling other unwed teens not to have kids, who is really going to listen to her?

How about we show a family and show them the importance of TWO parents, say, one spelling the other when the child is acting up and they have a headache? Seems to me that would get the idea across better.

BTW, I don't hate her and I don't see why everything thinks because you don't agree with something "hate" must be involved.

I will not be giving to that charity but to be honest, I probably wouldn't anyway. I prefer charities with less overhead and more going to those for which it was intended.

shocker

The Simon says method of teaching doesn't work. You have one unwed teen mother telling other unwed teens not to have kids, who is really going to listen to her?

I don't know what you think the "Simon says method of teaching" is, but the fact that you actually think that real examples of what could go wrong if one uses poor judgment don't work is beyond idiotic.

But, I guess that's why drivers ed classes used films showing the horrible results of those who are thrown from cars had zero impact on getting folks to use seat belts. Alcoholics Anonymous is a failure in getting folks to stop drinking. Occupational safety training never, ever shows what could happen in a plant or laboratory if safety regs are not followed because it just doesn't work in teaching folks safety.

:cuckoo:

I don't know what you think the "Simon says method of teaching" is, but the fact that you actually think that real examples of what could go wrong if one uses poor judgment don't work is beyond idiotic.

But, I guess that's why drivers ed classes used films showing the horrible results of those who are thrown from cars had zero impact on getting folks to use seat belts. Alcoholics Anonymous is a failure in getting folks to stop drinking. Occupational safety training never, ever shows what could happen in a plant or laboratory if safety regs are not followed because it just doesn't work in teaching folks safety.

Your reasoning might work if Bristol Palin was in her 30's and talking about her past and how she regrets it. Instead, she doesn't regret anything, she's only saying "what if". I don't see how that will convince any teen not to get pregnant let alone not to have a child.

Are you calling Bristol Palin a car wreck? Are you saying her baby is an industrial accident? :eek:

Forum List

Back