you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

The Simon says method of teaching doesn't work. You have one unwed teen mother telling other unwed teens not to have kids, who is really going to listen to her?

I don't know what you think the "Simon says method of teaching" is, but the fact that you actually think that real examples of what could go wrong if one uses poor judgment don't work is beyond idiotic.

But, I guess that's why drivers ed classes used films showing the horrible results of those who are thrown from cars had zero impact on getting folks to use seat belts. Alcoholics Anonymous is a failure in getting folks to stop drinking. Occupational safety training never, ever shows what could happen in a plant or laboratory if safety regs are not followed because it just doesn't work in teaching folks safety.

:cuckoo:

Your reasoning might work if Bristol Palin was in her 30's and talking about her past and how she regrets it.

30 yo? Ummmmm, it's about unplanned pregnancy for teens and young adults, in case you misssed it.

I don't know what you think the "Simon says method of teaching" is, but the fact that you actually think that real examples of what could go wrong if one uses poor judgment don't work is beyond idiotic.

But, I guess that's why drivers ed classes used films showing the horrible results of those who are thrown from cars had zero impact on getting folks to use seat belts. Alcoholics Anonymous is a failure in getting folks to stop drinking. Occupational safety training never, ever shows what could happen in a plant or laboratory if safety regs are not followed because it just doesn't work in teaching folks safety.

Your reasoning might work if Bristol Palin was in her 30's and talking about her past and how she regrets it.

30 yo? Ummmmm, it's about unplanned pregnancy for teens and young adults, in case you misssed it.

The Simon says method of teaching is "Do what I say, not what I do." It doesn't work. If she were in her 30's, talking about having BEEN a teen mother in the past, she may have a point, but right now she doesn't. She doesn't regret having her baby, she has everything she needs, she doesn't have to worry about a future for herself and her baby, how is she a role model for teens not to get pregnant? If anything, she is quite the opposite. She was a poor choice for a spokesperson for this charity.

The Simon says method of teaching doesn't work. You have one unwed teen mother telling other unwed teens not to have kids, who is really going to listen to her?

Are you calling Bristol Palin a car wreck? Are you saying her baby is an industrial accident? :eek:
Ah, another who apparently thinks those teaching/training methods don't work.

The Simon says method of teaching is "Do what I say, not what I do." It doesn't work. If she were in her 30's, talking about having BEEN a teen mother in the past, she may have a point, but right now she doesn't. She doesn't regret having her baby, she has everything she needs, she doesn't have to worry about a future for herself and her baby, how is she a role model for teens not to get pregnant? If anything, she is quite the opposite. She was a poor choice for a spokesperson for this charity.
Suuuuuure it doesn't work. Just like those occupational safety training courses on lab and plant safety don't work when they show us what happens when safety regs are not followed. Yup, that's exactly what they are saying - don't do what I did, or look what could happen.

I must have gotten shit safety training every year for the last 20 years. I'll make sure my organization knows that.

If having this baby really is a burden to Bristol Palin then the only way Bristol Palin could have been a genuine good example to teens is if she had an abortion.

If she was honest she would say, "Kids, it's worked out awesome for me. I got to have an excuse not to go to college and get on Dancing With The Stars instead. I wish it could be that way for all a yez, but you're just ordinary people and don't you ever forget it."

If having this baby really is a burden to Bristol Palin then the only way Bristol Palin could have been a genuine good example to teens is if she had an abortion.

If she was honest she would say, "Kids, it's worked out awesome for me. I got to have an excuse not to go to college and get on Dancing With The Stars instead. I wish it could be that way for all a yez, but you're just ordinary people and don't you ever forget it."
Reductio ad absurdum.

Reductio ad absurdum.
Oh, the old reductio ad absurdun defence. Ouch!

Reductio ad absurdum.
LMAO! I know - below the belt., huh? I'm so cruel. :lol:

Reductio ad absurdum.

selective fallacy finding is taught at the gubmint snitch academy.

pretending to ignore in public while neg-repping behind the scenes seems to be taught in snitch academy, too.

si moron, you are not fooling anyone.

you are reading my posts and you neg them whenever you can.

but you will never get into my pants.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

Who better to get than someone who has been there.

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

cut the shit

she has not been there, you stubborn cucumber.

this is like saying kim kardashian has a hard work ethic and really knows what it is like to struggle.

really? really.

cut the shit

she has not been there, you stubborn cucumber.

this is like saying kim kardashian has a hard work ethic and really knows what it is like to struggle.

was she a teen mother? If yes she has been there.

Forum List

Back