You don't need guns in churches.........here's a better solution......

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.

You know, I am sure it is OK with everyone else that you can just call him your gay lover instead of "roomie". Why be coy?

I live in a very rural area with almost non-existent crime.

This very rural area also is very pro-gun and second amendment. Along with those attitudes, they take child security very seriously.

On any given Sunday (and during the week to as this is an active church) there is roughly 20 to 25% of the congregation armed. After all, there is no scripture I'm aware of that says guns are banned in church.

They also have a Sunday school room where the children are taught about God. This room is guarded by two adults inside, and two outside. I pity the fuck that wants to hurt these children or this church. They are all gun safety trained and avid shooters.

Before any of you clowns start, no one feels like they are in prison or that their lives are in jeopardy from the guns or outsiders. They are simply ready for any nutjob.

A mighty fortress is our God, a Towerof Stength ne'er failing".

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.

Hey, you might be on to something here ...

How about grocery stores with bullet proof carts?
The corner tavern could have the same kind of cushions as the church.
Same with the pizza joint and teachers could just wear bullet proof vests.
Shopping for clothing could be problematic though.

I'm certain the NPR would jump at the opportunity to pay for this protection.

Another possibility is simply handing out firearms at the door. Think of it. Hand the worshiper the gun, show them how to cock it and point out the trigger.

Churches, stores, bars, schools, restaurants - this would be very effective everywhere.

Well, except airplanes. But, how about handing out stun guns? That little brat in back of you would kick your seat once. Period.

Other thought?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

This very rural area also is very pro-gun and second amendment. Along with those attitudes, they take child security very seriously.

On any given Sunday (and during the week to as this is an active church) there is roughly 20 to 25% of the congregation armed. After all, there is no scripture I'm aware of that says guns are banned in church.

They also have a Sunday school room where the children are taught about God. This room is guarded by two adults inside, and two outside. I pity the fuck that wants to hurt these children or this church. They are all gun safety trained and avid shooters.

Before any of you clowns start, no one feels like they are in prison or that their lives are in jeopardy from the guns or outsiders. They are simply ready for any nutjob.

I think it’s a very sad commentary on the society you live in that this is necessary. I’m grateful that I don’t live in a country where children learning about God’s love must be protected by armed guards.

I think it’s a very sad commentary on the society you live in that this is necessary. I’m grateful that I don’t live in a country where children learning about God’s love must be protected by armed guards.
What? You don't want to live in #MURICA! Land of the Free?

Cardinal OMalley has instructed all Catholic diocese in the USA to ensure the safety of our parishioners ergo we are armed.

Seán Patrick O'Malley - Wikipedia

An idiotic remark if ever there was one. This is not necessary. It is a choice.

Why do people like you think that the world is or should be a safe place? It never has in the past and it never will be in the future, no matter how many rubber walls you erect.

What? You don't want to live in #MURICA! Land of the Free?
How long have you been anti-America?

I think every member of the congregation should be their choice of a 410, 20, or 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun.
And they shouldn't be using that pussy assed birdshot, but be packing BB Buckshot. It has quite a kick but it will knock down any pasty faced Bernie Sanders supporter.

Ok for the sake of argument I'm going to assume you actually are serious.

Ok.....so you have kevlar pews. And a nice sign on the door indicating this. Does that not let the shooter know "don't waste ammo shooting through the pews just walk up to the people and shoot between the rows?" Not a single person who died was shot through the pew. The guy systematically walked up and down the center isle checking each row and shooting everyone he saw, including babies. The only child who lived was hiding out of sight. She didn't need kevlar.

How are they "fighting back" because they're cowering behind some liberals idea of a shield? No, fighting back is someone ducking behind a pew, drawing his own weapon, and opening fire at the attacker.

THAT is fighting back. Cowering behind kevlar isn't fighting anything.

There should be gun screening devices put on all public buildings: churches, schools, courthouses, shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants, etc. Everywhere. Bouncers at the doors with stun guns and bullet proof clothing. And the people who own guns can pay for it with special sales taxes levied on guns, which can only be purchased at specific, government managed gun shops.

It should be just as difficult to get into a public building as it is to get onto a plane.

Or we can ban assault weapons, auto and semi-automatic weapons, etc. and act like a sane society.

Last edited:
Oh yes, lets let the gov't manage the shops. The same gov't that failed to put this guys background into the system. The same gov't that was responsible for fast and furious?

Yea, THAT makes sense.

How about we lock up dangerously crazy people? In crazy houses designed to keep in dangerously crazy people.
Our two national crazy houses are currently filled to max, 535. A hundred in the Senate and 435 in the House.

Forum List

Back