You don't need guns in churches.........here's a better solution......

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.

Ok for the sake of argument I'm going to assume you actually are serious.

Ok.....so you have kevlar pews. And a nice sign on the door indicating this. Does that not let the shooter know "don't waste ammo shooting through the pews just walk up to the people and shoot between the rows?" Not a single person who died was shot through the pew. The guy systematically walked up and down the center isle checking each row and shooting everyone he saw, including babies. The only child who lived was hiding out of sight. She didn't need kevlar.

How are they "fighting back" because they're cowering behind some liberals idea of a shield? No, fighting back is someone ducking behind a pew, drawing his own weapon, and opening fire at the attacker.

THAT is fighting back. Cowering behind kevlar isn't fighting anything.

You didn't comprehend what I'd written in my post. I did not say to make the pews out of Kevlar, I said to make the cushions IN the pews out of Kevlar, that way you could pick it up and use it as a shield while you got out of the building or tried to stop the attacker. And yeah, if they had cushions they could put in front of them, even if the attacker was walking down the center aisle, they would have still had some kind of defense.

I said make the CUSHIONS out of Kevlar, not the pews.

And, the church could buy the material in bulk, making it cheaper to buy, and the women of the church could sew them together.

Have you ever been hit by a bullet wearing Kevlar? The first bullet from the rifle would rip the cushion right out of your hands about a half second before the next round enters your empty head!

You won't be getting up and running anywhere!

You watch too many movies and TV.

Last edited:
Nothing will change until there are a thousand or ten thousand more blood-baths where hundreds of white kids are killed (Because to the white supremacist who run the country only white kids matter)

Hey...dumb ass...this is already happening every year.....cars kill over 35,000 people every year and are actually the leading cause of death among children...

So....you want to ban cars...right? If the number of deaths is your sole issue, then all cars in civilian hands have to go...right?

2 rifles in 2 separate attacks...84 people........cars in one year....35,000

Can you tell which number is bigger?
And that's why Cars have seat-belts. Cars have airbags. Cars have sat nav. You need a licence to drive a car. You have to pass a test to drive a car. You have to drive a car that is road worthy. You need insurance. You need to show that your the owner. You need to have your eyes tested. There are safety barriers. There are places where cars can't go. Parking fines. There are many things in place to stop road deaths but there will always be more people dying from road deaths.

Now what is place to stop gun deaths ?

And what's your solution to stop this ?

By the way more people die in cars than are killed by Crocodiles. So are cars more dangerous than crocs now ?

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.

Hey, you might be on to something here ...

How about grocery stores with bullet proof carts?
The corner tavern could have the same kind of cushions as the church.
Same with the pizza joint and teachers could just wear bullet proof vests.
Shopping for clothing could be problematic though.

I'm certain the NPR would jump at the opportunity to pay for this protection.

Another possibility is simply handing out firearms at the door. Think of it. Hand the worshiper the gun, show them how to cock it and point out the trigger.

Churches, stores, bars, schools, restaurants - this would be very effective everywhere.

Well, except airplanes. But, how about handing out stun guns? That little brat in back of you would kick your seat once. Period.

Other thought?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Considering a person has a much greater chance of getting struck by lighting than getting killed by a mass shooter in this country... :lmao::lmao::lmao::fu:

I live in a very rural area with almost non-existent crime.

This very rural area also is very pro-gun and second amendment. Along with those attitudes, they take child security very seriously.

On any given Sunday (and during the week to as this is an active church) there is roughly 20 to 25% of the congregation armed. After all, there is no scripture I'm aware of that says guns are banned in church.

They also have a Sunday school room where the children are taught about God. This room is guarded by two adults inside, and two outside. I pity the fuck that wants to hurt these children or this church. They are all gun safety trained and avid shooters.

Before any of you clowns start, no one feels like they are in prison or that their lives are in jeopardy from the guns or outsiders. They are simply ready for any nutjob.

I think it’s a very sad commentary on the society you live in that this is necessary. I’m grateful that I don’t live in a country where children learning about God’s love must be protected by armed guards.
I feel sad where you think you have to worship your government, and depend on it for all your needs. LOL

Nothing will change until there are a thousand or ten thousand more blood-baths where hundreds of white kids are killed (Because to the white supremacist who run the country only white kids matter)

Hey...dumb ass...this is already happening every year.....cars kill over 35,000 people every year and are actually the leading cause of death among children...

So....you want to ban cars...right? If the number of deaths is your sole issue, then all cars in civilian hands have to go...right?

And that's why Cars have seat-belts. Cars have airbags. Cars have sat nav. You need a licence to drive a car. You have to pass a test to drive a car. You have to drive a car that is road worthy. You need insurance. You need to show that your the owner. You need to have your eyes tested. There are safety barriers. There are places where cars can't go. Parking fines. There are many things in place to stop road deaths but there will always be more people dying from road deaths.

By the way more people die in cars than are killed by Crocodiles. So are cars more dangerous than crocs now ?
Firearm ownership is an absolute right, vehicle ownership is a privilege. Dumbass

Firearm ownership is an absolute right, vehicle ownership is a privilege. Dumbass
What's your solution ?

There should be gun screening devices put on all public buildings: churches, schools, courthouses, shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants, etc. Everywhere. Bouncers at the doors with stun guns and bullet proof clothing. And the people who own guns can pay for it with special sales taxes levied on guns, which can only be purchased at specific, government managed gun shops.

It should be just as difficult to get into a public building as it is to get onto a plane.

Or we can ban assault weapons, auto and semi-automatic weapons, etc. and act like a sane society.
:fu:

Go live in communist Russia then...

What's your solution ?
EnForce the current laws, That aside. This country has much bigger fish to fry. Take your pick from the list…
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Better yet....Kevlar Bibles

Japan is another place where it’s made extraordinarily difficult to own firearms.

You've got to go through a comprehensive firearms safety course every so often, undergo a psychological/mental health assessment and a criminal background check, have a secure place to store your guns – the whole nine yards.

Cops can search your premises and seize your guns at any time for any reason. Oh, and you can only buy shotguns and air rifles. No handguns.

But nothing will change until America as a collective whole sees gun ownership not as a sacred right, but a privilege that needs to be managed responsibly.

As long as Sandy Hook, First Baptist Church and other events like it are seen as just the price paid for that sacred right, there won’t see any concrete change.

Or have a police alarm button at the podium like they have at banks

Actually, the Sutherland murder of children in churches comes in well below the murder of children in a church by Janet Reno in Waco.

15 seconds? You believed that?
So it's impossible to shoot 50 people in 15 seconds.

15 seconds is long time.
Your posts are too stupid to even bother reading!
Why read it then ?
BTW, your data in the graphic is wrong also.
Just because you say it's wrong

Can you shoot 30 people without missing, change magazines and then shoot 20 more without missing and you must pull the trigger each time you shoot in 15 seconds?

No way!

An AR-15 was not used in all of those shootings.

Semi automatic, and the killer was prepared. Still no quick solutions and chewing on the Constitution is not an answer, and wrong.

Or have a police alarm button at the podium like they have at banks

Yes, the police will need to know to come and write up the paperwork after everyone has been murdered and the assailant has escaped.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Forum List

Back