You don't need guns in churches.........here's a better solution......

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.
Whatever is or isn't done to the seats will not be enough to protect people from being shot in the head first thing.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

t same old story. Wash-Rinse-Repeat. Shock! Horror! Prayers! Candlelight vigils! Nothing will be done. NRA owns GOP Congress lock stock and barrel.

I heard that the whole thing took about 15 seconds.

But that was enough time for him to sink a bullet in 50 people and leave 27 dead (so far)

The idea that any civilian should be allowed to carry firepower that can create that kind of carnage and death in 15 seconds is insane.

The NRA is a terrorist organization
Safe.jpg

I’m starting to notice a pattern here.
AR15.jpg

They treat white mass attacks as if they’re a weather phenomena (just something that “happens”), but they still pray about the actual weather but for black and Muslims mass attacks, they’d bring on the total awesome force of US military & intel & law enforcement

To be honest America has already passed the tipping point.

The killing of 20 “angelic” white 6 year olds in Sandy Hook did nothing to slow (in fact INCREASED) gun sales or improve overall gun safety regulation.

Nothing will change until there are a thousand or ten thousand more blood-baths where hundreds of white kids are killed (Because to the white supremacist who run the country only white kids matter)

Then perhaps a massive-government funded gun-buy back (that could make all these gun loonies rich?) I dunno. It worked in Australia. But not nearly enough blood has been shed yet.

Oh yes, lets let the gov't manage the shops. The same gov't that failed to put this guys background into the system. The same gov't that was responsible for fast and furious?

Yea, THAT makes sense.
It wasn't the government that failed: it was the Air Force that failed.

But you missed my point, which was instead of doing that not very feasible thing of screening all people entering all public places, we ban assault weapons and automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

Last edited:
This must be a popular idea that a lot of people are considering. I just saw a story today about a Florida school that is selling bulletproof inserts for backpacks for only $120.

Florida school sells $120 bulletproof panels for children | Daily Mail Online
How many families can afford that, especially if they have more than one kid in school? My family couldn't have afforded something like that when I was in school. When I was in high school, they couldn't even afford bus fare. Mom drove me to school and I walked home every day because she was at work in the afternoon, a one hour walk. When I was in elementary school, they couldn't afford for us to buy school lunches; we brown bagged it every day. I'm just saying: a lot of people would have a hard time affording those for their kids.

This must be a popular idea that a lot of people are considering. I just saw a story today about a Florida school that is selling bulletproof inserts for backpacks for only $120.

How many families can afford that, especially if they have more than one kid in school? My family couldn't have afforded something like that when I was in school. When I was in high school, they couldn't even afford bus fare. Mom drove me to school and I walked home every day because she was at work in the afternoon, a one hour walk. When I was in elementary school, they couldn't afford for us to buy school lunches; we brown bagged it every day. I'm just saying: a lot of people would have a hard time affording those for their kids.

Yea, but also a lot of families could afford it.

So what about the kids who can't? They just die?

You know, after the church shooting this weekend, my roomie and I were talking about a solution for places like churches for protection that wouldn't involve arming everyone in the congregation.

After Sandy Hook happened, there were a lot of parents that went out and bought bullet proof backpacks for their kids so they would have something to hide behind if shooting started.

Well, churches could have a similar solution. Take all the cushions that are in the pews, and make them out of Kevlar so they are bullet proof. That way, when the shooting starts, instead of sitting there waiting to get shot, they could shield behind the cushions and possibly escape, or even take down the shooter, because they would have protection.

Yeah, it would cost a bit to have them made, but how much is a human life worth? Make the cushions about 2 ft by 3 ft rectangles, and have them be about 2 to 3 inches thick, that way they could shield the torsos of adults and small children.

And then, put signs on the doors telling people that there are Kevlar cushions in the pews for the protection of the congregation. Would give a lot of people pause for attacking a church if they thought they had a chance to fight back because they had shielding.

Ok for the sake of argument I'm going to assume you actually are serious.

Ok.....so you have kevlar pews. And a nice sign on the door indicating this. Does that not let the shooter know "don't waste ammo shooting through the pews just walk up to the people and shoot between the rows?" Not a single person who died was shot through the pew. The guy systematically walked up and down the center isle checking each row and shooting everyone he saw, including babies. The only child who lived was hiding out of sight. She didn't need kevlar.

How are they "fighting back" because they're cowering behind some liberals idea of a shield? No, fighting back is someone ducking behind a pew, drawing his own weapon, and opening fire at the attacker.

THAT is fighting back. Cowering behind kevlar isn't fighting anything.

You didn't comprehend what I'd written in my post. I did not say to make the pews out of Kevlar, I said to make the cushions IN the pews out of Kevlar, that way you could pick it up and use it as a shield while you got out of the building or tried to stop the attacker. And yeah, if they had cushions they could put in front of them, even if the attacker was walking down the center aisle, they would have still had some kind of defense.

I said make the CUSHIONS out of Kevlar, not the pews.

And, the church could buy the material in bulk, making it cheaper to buy, and the women of the church could sew them together.

Really? Might wanna check out the clothing that this company makes. Most of it looks like regular clothing, and there is one vest on the site that is form fitting and almost invisible under a shirt, yet will stop most bullets. It's rated for a 3A threat level, meaning it will stop most bullets.

Here's the link for the whole site..................

BulletBlocker Bulletproof Protective Clothing and Body Armor

And here's the link for the compression vest. If you look at it, it almost looks like a regular black shirt.

Gabriel BBL Compression Vest

So yeah, outside of the expense, it could make a viable solution for church shootings.

And..................as far as this shooter "managing to avoid laws", you do realize that he bought those guns LEGALLY from a gun shop?

None of your links advertise soft armor that will stop an M855 round, you sniveling bed wetter. I don't know how many layers of kevlar it takes to stop one, but I can guess the cost of making all the seating NIJ Level 3 is a lot more expensive than letting a few deacons carry concealed.

You do realize the shooter ignored laws against FUCKING MURDER, and that GOVERNMENT FAILED (again) to do it's job and keep a sociopath atheist criminal asshole like you from getting a gun. I don't know where people as ignorant as you come from, but I wish you would stay there.

So what about the kids who can't? They just die?

Hopefully not.

t same old story. Wash-Rinse-Repeat. Shock! Horror! Prayers! Candlelight vigils! Nothing will be done. NRA owns GOP Congress lock stock and barrel.

But that was enough time for him to sink a bullet in 50 people and leave 27 dead (so far)

The idea that any civilian should be allowed to carry firepower that can create that kind of carnage and death in 15 seconds is insane.

Safe.jpg

AR15.jpg

They treat white mass attacks as if they’re a weather phenomena (just something that “happens”), but they still pray about the actual weather but for black and Muslims mass attacks, they’d bring on the total awesome force of US military & intel & law enforcement

The killing of 20 “angelic” white 6 year olds in Sandy Hook did nothing to slow (in fact INCREASED) gun sales or improve overall gun safety regulation.

Nothing will change until there are a thousand or ten thousand more blood-baths where hundreds of white kids are killed (Because to the white supremacist who run the country only white kids matter)

Then perhaps a massive-government funded gun-buy back (that could make all these gun loonies rich?) I dunno. It worked in Australia. But not nearly enough blood has been shed yet.

26 murdered with that rifle...

89 murdered with a rental truck...so you propose banning pickup trucks and panel trucks...right? The AAA is a terrorist organization...right?

Asshole.

An AR-15 civilian rifle saved 26 lives on that day....while your gun free zones allowed 26 people to be murdered when the police never showed up....and your government background check allowed a known criminal to buy that gun....that is on you, not the NRA or that rifle.....

There are 16 million rifles with magazines in private hands..... 2 were used to murder 84 people.....one truck murderd 89 people.......using your logic, since cars of all types kill over 35,000 people every year...let's see...

35,000 every year vs. 84

Hmmmm.....you want cars banned then too...right? Since they are far deadlier than all guns, not just rifles......and we let 16 year olds drive those killing machines.....

And knives....every year 1,500 are used to murder people.....

So you want knives banned too...right.....1,500 vs. 84....

Right....

Dumb ass....

Oh yes, lets let the gov't manage the shops. The same gov't that failed to put this guys background into the system. The same gov't that was responsible for fast and furious?

Yea, THAT makes sense.
It wasn't the government that failed: it was the Air Force that failed.

But you missed my point, which was instead of doing that not very feasible thing of screening all people entering all public places, we ban assault weapons and automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

And the French did that....they ban all those guns....and terrorists, on government terrorist watch lists got fully automatic military rifles...and murdered 142 people.......wow....you are pretty stupid.

Safe.jpg

AR15.jpg

Hey...dumb ass...this is already happening every year.....cars kill over 35,000 people every year and are actually the leading cause of death among children...

So....you want to ban cars...right? If the number of deaths is your sole issue, then all cars in civilian hands have to go...right?

2 rifles in 2 separate attacks...84 people........cars in one year....35,000

Can you tell which number is bigger?

Safe.jpg

AR15.jpg

It worked in Australia.

No...moron...it didn't work in Australia....

Australia’s Gun 'Buyback' Created a Violent Firearms Black Market. Why Should the U.S. Do the Same?

"Police admit they cannot eradicate a black market that is peddling illegal guns to criminals," the Adelaide Advertiser concededa few years ago. "Motorcycle gang members and convicted criminals barred from buying guns in South Australia have no difficulty obtaining illegal firearms - including fully automatic weapons."

More recently, the country's The New Daily gained access to "previously unpublished data for firearms offences" and reporteda surge in crime "including a massive 83 per cent increase in firearms offences in NSW between 2005/06 and 2014/15, and an even bigger jump in Victoria over the same period."

"Australians may be more at risk from gun crime than ever before with the country's underground market for firearms ballooning in the past decade," the report added.

Safe.jpg

AR15.jpg

Yeah....it didn't work in Australia...please do some basic research....

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.
============
The second part of the series....
Gun city: Gunslingers of the North West

========================

'Thousands' of illegal guns tipped to be handed over in firearms amnesty

Asked roughly how many he expected to be handed in, Mr Keenan said: "Look I certainly think the number will be in the thousands."

The Australian Crime Commission estimated in 2012 there were at least 250,000 illegal guns in Australia. But a Senate report noted last year it was impossible to estimate how many illicit weapons are out there.

But....military weapons?

And despite Australia's strict border controls, the smuggling of high-powered military-style firearms is also a growing problem.

I live in a very rural area with almost non-existent crime.

This very rural area also is very pro-gun and second amendment. Along with those attitudes, they take child security very seriously.

On any given Sunday (and during the week to as this is an active church) there is roughly 20 to 25% of the congregation armed. After all, there is no scripture I'm aware of that says guns are banned in church.

They also have a Sunday school room where the children are taught about God. This room is guarded by two adults inside, and two outside. I pity the fuck that wants to hurt these children or this church. They are all gun safety trained and avid shooters.

Before any of you clowns start, no one feels like they are in prison or that their lives are in jeopardy from the guns or outsiders. They are simply ready for any nutjob.

I think it’s a very sad commentary on the society you live in that this is necessary. I’m grateful that I don’t live in a country where children learning about God’s love must be protected by armed guards.

Let's face it! You live in a country that couldn't defend itself against a third-world country's army driving garbage trucks!

This very rural area also is very pro-gun and second amendment. Along with those attitudes, they take child security very seriously.

On any given Sunday (and during the week to as this is an active church) there is roughly 20 to 25% of the congregation armed. After all, there is no scripture I'm aware of that says guns are banned in church.

They also have a Sunday school room where the children are taught about God. This room is guarded by two adults inside, and two outside. I pity the fuck that wants to hurt these children or this church. They are all gun safety trained and avid shooters.

Before any of you clowns start, no one feels like they are in prison or that their lives are in jeopardy from the guns or outsiders. They are simply ready for any nutjob.

I think it’s a very sad commentary on the society you live in that this is necessary. I’m grateful that I don’t live in a country where children learning about God’s love must be protected by armed guards.

Let's face it! You live in a country that couldn't defend itself against a third-world country's army driving garbage trucks!

No...you live in a society where Jewish people and others were put into gas chambers.......

There should be gun screening devices put on all public buildings: churches, schools, courthouses, shopping malls, cinemas, restaurants, etc. Everywhere. Bouncers at the doors with stun guns and bullet proof clothing. And the people who own guns can pay for it with special sales taxes levied on guns, which can only be purchased at specific, government managed gun shops.

It should be just as difficult to get into a public building as it is to get onto a plane.

Or we can ban assault weapons, auto and semi-automatic weapons, etc. and act like a sane society.

Please remove yourself from this discussion by taking the nearest exit and don't ever bother coming back to the US. You are too stupid to be an American. Try someplace else.

No...you live in a society where Jewish people and others were put into gas chambers.......

Why did you quote my post? I know that comment was not meant for me unless you have lost all control of your faculties.

Safe.jpg

AR15.jpg

15 seconds? You believed that? Your posts are too stupid to even bother reading!

BTW, your data in the graphic is wrong also.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back