🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You think getting 6 months in Jail for rape is bad?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
13343125_522381751286449_2149828689740103468_n.jpg

OUCH! And this is from the party that is supposed to defend women!

I don't get it, Is this guy suggesting that the defense attorney is supposed to try and get his/her client MORE jail time? This whole attack on Clinton is idiotic, all it demonstrates is that she was a good defense attorney, there are far more valid lines of character attack on the Queen of Corruption.

Clinton was a defense lawyer who secured a plea deal for her client after exposing evidentiary holes in the state's case. You're comparing that to a trial judge handing out a light sentence on the basis of prison would have a "significant impact" on the one who's been convicted.

If you think that anything therein is similar, then you're an even more special kind of stupid we ever realized. And that was a whole lot of special we assigned you before.

I don't get it, Is this guy suggesting that the defense attorney is supposed to try and get his/her client MORE jail time? This whole attack on Clinton is idiotic, all it demonstrates is that she was a good defense attorney, there are far more valid lines of character attack on the Queen of Corruption.
Actually, a defense attorney is supposed to get/ensure their client a fair trial, not keep criminals on the streets.

Clinton was a defense lawyer who secured a plea deal for her client after exposing evidentiary holes in the state's case. You're comparing that to a trial judge handing out a light sentence on the basis of prison would have a "significant impact" on the one who's been convicted.

If you think that anything therein is similar, then you're an even more special kind of stupid we ever realized. And that was a whole lot of special we assigned you before.
if I'm a doctor I don't have to perform an abortion against my conscience

You can't seriously claim to stand for women's rights when you LAUGHED about child rape and ADMITTED you knew he was guilty. She could have not taken the case or claimed a conflict there...All politicians are scumbags but she takes the cake. You want to defend a scumbag child rapist fine but don't then claim that ALL sexual assault victims deserve to be heard and then say all your husbands assault victims were liars and bimbos and the 12 year old rape victim of your client FANTASIZED about older men!

Cool story. Take it to the thread where it's relevant.

Actually, a defense attorney is supposed to get/ensure their client a fair trial, not keep criminals on the streets.
A defense attorney's job is to provide his/her client the best defense possible within the law.

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved." -- Benjamin Franklin

You can't seriously claim to stand for women's rights when you LAUGHED about child rape and ADMITTED you knew he was guilty. She could have not taken the case or claimed a conflict there...All politicians are scumbags but she takes the cake. You want to defend a scumbag child rapist fine but don't then claim that ALL sexual assault victims deserve to be heard and then say all your husbands assault victims were liars and bimbos and the 12 year old rape victim of your client FANTASIZED about older men!
She didn't have to avoid taking the case, either. I've visited law firms, and met many lawyers, and they understand that a lawyer's job is to get their client a fair trial, not to keep them from being punished for their crimes. Part of being a lawyer is having a conscience, and being able to judge what your client has or hasn't done, and based on that, being able to get them the right sentence for their crimes. People who let their clients walk when they've clearly committed a crime are not real lawyers, they're just good examples of some of the worst qualities in the human race.

We defend guilty people here. That is part of being a lawyer.

You don't have to like our system but that's how it works.

You can't seriously claim to stand for women's rights when you LAUGHED about child rape and ADMITTED you knew he was guilty.
Personally I've never seen any credible evidence that those things happened, doesn't mean it didn't happen, just never seen anything CREDIBLE on it.

Beyond that, the tweet you posted implies Clinton is somehow culpable for getting her client a light sentence, which does not make any sense since that was her job as a defense attorney; on its face it's a specious attack on a person that is a target rich environment for VALID attacks on her ethics and morality, why waste time with this?

A defense attorney's job is to provide his/her client the best defense possible within the law.

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved." -- Benjamin Franklin
That's false. Part of a lawyer's job is to gauge whether their client has or hasn't committed the crime in question, and from there, get them a fair trial and sentence based on that. There's no excuse for ensuring a criminal walks, and a lawyer was never intended to be able to do that. I'd also like to point out that old Benny was giving a comparison and a worst case scenario, he wasn't saying that 100 guilty people should be let back out onto the streets, only that he'd rather that happen than an innocent being punished for a crime they never committed.

Poor nazi Odium. Got his ass kicked in his other topic about this. Now he has to double down on his retardation by starting another one with yet another graphic designed for mental midgets to blindly copy and paste.

As we all know, including Odium, the child rapist slipped through the DA's hands because the DA lost the evidence against him. Ooops!

Clinton didn't get the evidence thrown out. The DA threw it out like yesterday's fish.

It's pretty hard to get a conviction without evidence. America is kinda funny like that. I can see how a Nazi like Odium would find that annoying.

The DA's incompetence was so striking that when asked about court cases she had handled many years later, that particular idiocy stuck out in Clinton's mind. And so she told that story as an example of the kind of moronic clowns we have working in the prosecutor's office.

Gee, maybe we should focus on fixing that problem instead of killing the messenger, eh? Where is the outrage over a DA losing critical evidence against a child molester?

Oh, hell no, says Odium! What would be the fun in that?

Cool story. Take it to the thread where it's relevant.
relevant??
And by your comment you don't know what relevancy is

My take on both Mr and Mrs. Clinton>>>

I do not like thee, Doctor Fell,
The reason why - I cannot tell;
But this I know, and know full well,
I do not like thee, Doctor Fell.[

That's false. Part of a lawyer's job is to gauge whether their client has or hasn't committed the crime in question, and from there,

What country do you live in? It's not the defense attorney's role to determine the clients guilt or innocence, that's what the trial is for. The defense attorney is there to provide the best legal defense possible. It certainly CAN help in the defenses strategy if the defense attorney does in fact know the clients guilt or innocence but it doesn't change the attorneys role at all. If we ran our legal system the way you suggest nobody in their right mind would trust their defense attorney.

get them a fair trial and sentence based on that. There's no excuse for ensuring a criminal walks, and a lawyer was never intended to be able to do that. I'd also like to point out that old Benny was giving a comparison and a worst case scenario, he wasn't saying that 100 guilty people should be let back out onto the streets, only that he'd rather that happen than an innocent being punished for a crime they never committed.
"Old Benny" was in fact arguing that every defendant deserves a presumption of innocence which doesn't happen unless his/her legal counsel provides the most vigorous defense possible. If a "criminal walks" it's because the prosecution did not prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt either via the efforts & competency of the defense OR via the incompetence of the prosecution OR a combination of the two.

That's false. Part of a lawyer's job is to gauge whether their client has or hasn't committed the crime in question, and from there, get them a fair trial and sentence based on that. There's no excuse for ensuring a criminal walks, and a lawyer was never intended to be able to do that. I'd also like to point out that old Benny was giving a comparison and a worst case scenario, he wasn't saying that 100 guilty people should be let back out onto the streets, only that he'd rather that happen than an innocent being punished for a crime they never committed.

NightFox already responded to this, but I think it deserves another. It is certainly NOT the job of an attorney to judge guilt or innocence and base their performance upon such judgement. The reason we have trials, judges, and juries is to determine guilt or innocence. An attorney's job is to provide the best legal representation they can for their client. More, our legal system is based upon the idea of people being innocent until proven guilty.
You seem perfectly willing to throw out the entire concept of presumptive innocence.

Forum List

Back