🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

You wanna pay 3% taxes?

Everyone pay 5 percent and if the govt can't survive, they can go pound sand.

Starting here,

6855916100_7c475796f3_b-30181951c4cd30708afa145ce7ec026266caeaea-s6-c10.jpg

Do you know how much money the churches give to charity . help the homeless, help women who come from an abusive relation. With NO help from the government with the exception of lower taxes. I bet if you tax them more they would not provide these services .

i would prefer to tax the churches.

Yeah! And, just think how little taxes we'd have to pay if THESE asshole's weren't tax exempt paid their fair share! :rolleyes::roll eyes:

Attachments

• $74437616.jpg
    $74437616.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 20
  • $vfw_logo_high_res_4qdo-300x297.jpg
    $vfw_logo_high_res_4qdo-300x297.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 24
  • $glaad.jpg
    $glaad.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 59
Better yet, start your own "ministry" and pay no taxes!

well the Revvvvreeend Al Sharpton and Jessy Jackson does it..If it's good enough for them

I don't have access to their tax returns but since you say this is true, you must have PROOF.

Please post it.

Or is this just another of your daily lies?

I think the gentleman simply made a very common mistake by assuming that ministers don't pay taxes on the money they receive. I have talked to quite a few people who believe this, but it is not true.

Although CHURCHES do not pay taxes, MINISTERS do. The rules governing taxation of ministers are a little more complicated than those that apply to other taxpayers; however, their income is subject to taxation either as a church employee or an independent contractor. The following link offers some general guidelines:

Tax Topics - Topic 417 Earnings for Clergy

Both Jackson and Sharpton are required to file tax returns and declare the income they receive from all sources including their ministry. If they failed to do this, they would be subjected to civil and criminal penalties. Unless there is information to the contrary, I will assume both men have complied with IRS filing requirements.

Do you know how much money the churches give to charity . help the homeless, help women who come from an abusive relation. With NO help from the government with the exception of lower taxes. I bet if you tax them more they would not provide these services .

In a perfect world, so would I, but since this is not a perfect world, we need to not tax them so they can help the people.

Last edited:

In a perfect world, so would I, but since this is not a perfect world, we need to not tax them so they can help the people.

oh i think they can well afford to pay tax.... just a little less for rome.

You are lumping all churches in with the Vatican. There are a lot of poor churches that do a lot for the community and don't have any extra to send to the Vatican or pay in taxes. In fact, I know a church in Tacoma that provides living spaces for homeless families and food, etc that if they had to pay property tax, they would have to close their doors and sell the church. It would cease to be and all those homeless families would have no where to go. As it is, they may cease to be as lack of parking has made it more and more difficult for people to attend that church. When I was a child they had both an adult choir and a children's choir. No less than 60 in each choir. Last time I attended the church they had one choir with 6 people in it. They were drowned out by that more than 100 year old big pipe organ. It was a sad sight. The ceiling is peeling and it's time for a new roof again and they just don't have the money. I wish I was rich and could afford to give them enough to fix up their church. Several churches along that row, all of them about 100 years old, have already closed their doors and sold out. Others are struggling to survive but even with all that struggling, they still manage to find a way to help others, even if it's just to provide a roof over their heads in the winter and some food in their bellies.

You are lumping all churches in with the Vatican. There are a lot of poor churches that do a lot for the community and don't have any extra to send to the Vatican or pay in taxes. In fact, I know a church in Tacoma that provides living spaces for homeless families and food, etc that if they had to pay property tax, they would have to close their doors and sell the church. It would cease to be and all those homeless families would have no where to go. As it is, they may cease to be as lack of parking has made it more and more difficult for people to attend that church. When I was a child they had both an adult choir and a children's choir. No less than 60 in each choir. Last time I attended the church they had one choir with 6 people in it. They were drowned out by that more than 100 year old big pipe organ. It was a sad sight. The ceiling is peeling and it's time for a new roof again and they just don't have the money. I wish I was rich and could afford to give them enough to fix up their church. Several churches along that row, all of them about 100 years old, have already closed their doors and sold out. Others are struggling to survive but even with all that struggling, they still manage to find a way to help others, even if it's just to provide a roof over their heads in the winter and some food in their bellies.

and they can cry me a river... rome or no rome. I get what you are saying... but as far as i am concerned... religion is big business.

i have said this before.... flat tax...no exemptions, no credits. Everyone pays the same.

and they can cry me a river... rome or no rome. I get what you are saying... but as far as i am concerned... religion is big business.

i have said this before.... flat tax...no exemptions, no credits. Everyone pays the same.

So someone making $10.00 an hour on the part time job, the only one he can get so works only 20 hours a week, pays 5% and as a result has to do without heat while someone making $1,000,000,000 pays 5% and has to do without, what? more overseas investments?

So someone making $10.00 an hour on the part time job, the only one he can get so works only 20 hours a week, pays 5% and as a result has to do without heat while someone making $1,000,000,000 pays 5% and has to do without, what? more overseas investments?

yep.

yep.

I sincerely hope you don't find yourself freezing some night because you've lost your job, your house and all your investments when our dollar crashes and no one will help you because you wouldn't help them. Karma really is a bitch and I fear for you.

yep.

I sincerely hope you don't find yourself freezing some night because you've lost your job, your house and all your investments when our dollar crashes and no one will help you because you wouldn't help them. Karma really is a bitch and I fear for you.

what makes you think i dont help them?

what makes you think i dont help them?

You want someone making $10 an hour 40 hours a week to pay the same percentage tax as someone making a Billion dollars an hour. Seems to me that's not something some who helps people thinks about. You want churches to pay taxes which would take away thousands if not millions of programs to help the less fortunate. I don't believe you can give enough to make up for what you are taking away.

Whatever help you may be doing now, it's not enough to cover the losses you want to force on them, even if you are Bill Gates himself, you can't give enough to cover that.

What would they be taxed on if all donations given to them are spent or forwarded to other charities?

Please do not tax the churches. I hope to get back into the wedding business in the next coming 12 months. I enjoy being able to make money for religious services, without incurring any tax liability whatsoever.

Probably much less then everyone imagines.

Forum List

Back