You want a Civil Union instead of Civil Marriage?

The state issues marriage licenses, the church sanctifies marriage. The only debate is what the state does as the church is inconsequential in this argument. No one is calling on the state to force churches to abandon dogma. But citizens should have the right to access the state process.

pfft

when abortion became a right, no one spoke of abortion on demand or dreamed of partial birth abortions.

History tells us that liberals will demand that churches perform gay weddings.

your fucking insane and filled to the brim with hate

Since many have been talking about it....how many of you would be willing to have your civil marriage license be changed to a civil union license? That the only people with a "marriage" would be those married by religious leaders

Yes or No?

Why would I change anything to please a minority of the population? Why should a miniority of the population expect the majority to change? Why cant gays respect that throughout history marriage has been defined by a union of man and woman? If they had a civil union with all the benefits of a traditional marriage would they be satisfied? Nope.

The state issues marriage licenses, the church sanctifies marriage. The only debate is what the state does as the church is inconsequential in this argument. No one is calling on the state to force churches to abandon dogma. But citizens should have the right to access the state process.

pfft

when abortion became a right, no one spoke of abortion on demand or dreamed of partial birth abortions.

History tells us that liberals will demand that churches perform gay weddings.

your fucking insane and filled to the brim with hate

except I'm right

Since many have been talking about it....how many of you would be willing to have your civil marriage license be changed to a civil union license? That the only people with a "marriage" would be those married by religious leaders

Yes or No?

Yes indeed...

Adding more government to marriage is horse shit... As a matter of fact, there is already too much government in marriage now...

Eliminate marriage laws from the books... Have government recognize family units/civil family contract or whatever you want to call it, for taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, contractual issues, etc for these family units and that is ALL...

I don't NEED government to force others to accept my marriage... I don't NEED government to pat me on the back... I don't NEED protection for my marriage... I don't NEED to be recognized...

It is the liberal mindset that has changed this civil government issue into a political one when there is no place for this in politics

No. the religious do not "own" the word marriage.

The only one that needs to recognize my marriage is the state.

then why would you care if it had a different label?

let the religious have their word.

a bond is a bond no matter the label

Taking the topic way out the original intent to imply perversion in a normal, human trait is sad. Are blue eyed people ABNORMAL because there are less of us?

ab·nor·mal   [ab-nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective
not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
extremely or excessively large: abnormal profit.

Yes

Thanks, I wondered how far the false dichotomies would be carried. And of course HEIGHT has "norms" also........................:eusa_whistle:

freak

:lol:

Thanks, I wondered how far the false dichotomies would be carried. And of course HEIGHT has "norms" also........................:eusa_whistle:

Whatever ya'll want to call it, get used to it. Marriage equality will be a reality across the nation. Might take a few years, but it will happen once the fogies die off. People under 30 overwhelmingly support marriage equality.

Taking the topic way out the original intent to imply perversion in a normal, human trait is sad. Are blue eyed people ABNORMAL because there are less of us?

ab·nor·mal   [ab-nawr-muhl] Show IPA
adjective
not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
extremely or excessively large: abnormal profit.

Yes

freak

:lol:

correct

actually most of us have abnormalities.

My 14 y/o sons are 6' 3", freaks
I'm a white man with black hair, naturally gapped teeth, Two toes that are webbed together, and asthma

I'm very abnormal and glad for it.

It would be dull to have brown hair and eyes, perfect teeth, etc etc..

Whatever ya'll want to call it, get used to it. Marriage equality will be a reality across the nation. Might take a few years, but it will happen once the fogies die off. People under 30 overwhelmingly support marriage equality.

And many many others want to reduce the size and influence of government and oppose using government for political acceptance and forced recognition and want this taken out of government except in matters where government belongs.... as stated so many times

If this were about equality in treatment and not forced acceptance.. then a term would not matter... but as we have seen, a vast majority when offered a civil union with the same exact benefits as a marriage refuse this... it is a soapbox for shouting for recognition

And many many others want to reduce the size and influence of government and oppose using government for political acceptance and forced recognition and want this taken out of government except in matters where government belongs.... as stated so many times

If this were about equality in treatment and not forced acceptance.. then a term would not matter... but as we have seen, a vast majority when offered a civil union with the same exact benefits as a marriage refuse this... it is a soapbox for shouting for recognition

I heard the only problem is the WORD marriage from a family member yesterday. BIZARRE.

I heard the only problem is the WORD marriage from a family member yesterday. BIZARRE.

Why does a minority get to change the definition of a word that the majority are in favor of?

because liberal Hollywierd, liberal schools, liberal media, etc. are pushing stupid liberal ideas upon young skulls full of mush.....

....the results of stupid liberal ideas for our country are becoming disastrous....

because liberal Hollywierd, liberal schools, liberal media, etc. are pushing stupid liberal ideas upon young skulls full of mush.....

....the results of stupid liberal ideas for our country are becoming disastrous....

That is an 'inclusive" belief, SADLY.

Yes or No?

Yes indeed...

Adding more government to marriage is horse shit... As a matter of fact, there is already too much government in marriage now...

Eliminate marriage laws from the books... Have government recognize family units/civil family contract or whatever you want to call it, for taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, contractual issues, etc for these family units and that is ALL...

I don't NEED government to force others to accept my marriage... I don't NEED government to pat me on the back... I don't NEED protection for my marriage... I don't NEED to be recognized...

It is the liberal mindset that has changed this civil government issue into a political one when there is no place for this in politics

What have YOU done to get government out of marriage?

Yes or No?

Yes indeed...

Expressed my stance to local representatives (national, state, and county)... written an editorial to the local paper explaining the stance and calling for others to join the cause of freedom and equal treatment over the politicizing of the issue...

And I explain my position here and in public conversation constantly.... and have my wife's gay friends understanding and accepting my position.. even with me attending a gay wedding ceremony on memorial day weekend... you see.. for even though I have a governmental stance, I still accept people for who they are and respect the freedom for people to be with whomever they want

Yes indeed...

Expressed my stance to local representatives (national, state, and county)... written an editorial to the local paper explaining the stance and calling for others to join the cause of freedom and equal treatment over the politicizing of the issue...

And I explain my position here and in public conversation constantly.... and have my wife's gay friends understanding and accepting my position.. even with me attending a gay wedding ceremony on memorial day weekend... you see.. for even though I have a governmental stance, I still accept people for who they are and respect the freedom for people to be with whomever they want

Then good for you....I am finding most expressing your opinion about the government getting out of marriage ONLY started talking about about as a "cut off your nose to spite your face" stance ...and ONLY pay lip service.

Forum List

Back