You Were Warned...Pat. Act

Yeah, and your Dear leader promised to GET ELECTED he wouldn't do this...
He and the Democrats could of did something about this when they had a super majority, instead we got another GOVERNMENT program, ObamaCare

but you keep making EXCUSES for him..what happened under Bush seems to be MORE important to you

Tell us Steph...what EXACTLY did President Obama promise to do? Did he promise to repeal the Patriot Act? Could he do that by Executive Order? What if he had? I think I can already read your posts if he did such a thing. "Dictator" would come out of your keyboard first I think.

You used to be such an ardent fan of the Patriot Act's powers under Bush. Why the change of heart, darlin'?

Followed by ‘weak on terror,’ ‘Muslim,’ ‘un-American,’ ‘hates-America,’ ‘wants terrorist to win.’

Conservatives are in no position to be critical of Obama on this issue, they endorsed the PA/NSA/FISA programs when they voted again for GWB and the republican Congress that put those laws into place or reauthorized them.

Conservatives today have no justification to be ‘outraged’ that these policies continue simply because a democrat is in the WH.

The Patriot Act as it was conceived isn't to blame. It's being used illegally by a totalitarian regime...and they're going to throw the people who told the story in jail, I imagine.

Welcome to our brave new world. America's finished. We won't be having real presidential elections anymore, and people are going to start dying very, very soon.

The Patriot Act, as conceived, gave the government a tool to use against the nation's enemies. If the government cannot be trusted to use the tools we give it against our enemies, and instead use it against Americans, WHY do we continue to let the government have the military as a tool to use against our enemies. At any moment, this insane regime could use that tool against us as well.

The Patriot Act has been changed and expanded far beyond it's original intent. It's a weapon that the people never imagined would be turned on them when the government chose to do so. Now the government has chosen to use that weapon against the very freedoms it is pledged to protect.

The Patriot Act is living up to exactly what it was intended. It was intended to increase government powers so it could spy on as many people as they wanted with as small a paper trail as possible.

To think the government WOULDN'T abuse it is the height of nievity.

It amazes me that right wingers, who always scream about government corruption and ineptitude, were more than happy to give the government broad powers to spy on american's private lives.

Yeah. It's almost comical to see everyone, now, suddenly getting their panties in wad over this. "Welcome to the party", I guess. Shame you didn't accept the invitation ten years ago when we might have stopped it before it started.

Yeah, and your Dear leader promised to GET ELECTED he wouldn't do this...
He and the Democrats could of did something about this when they had a super majority, instead we got another GOVERNMENT program, ObamaCare

but you keep making EXCUSES for him..what happened under Bush seems to be MORE important to you

Tell us Steph...what EXACTLY did President Obama promise to do? Did he promise to repeal the Patriot Act? Could he do that by Executive Order? What if he had? I think I can already read your posts if he did such a thing. "Dictator" would come out of your keyboard first I think.

You used to be such an ardent fan of the Patriot Act's powers under Bush. Why the change of heart, darlin'?

.posting about the patriot act didn't make me a ARDENT FAN
but you have to be dishonest while crowing people were warned..not a damn thing on Obama using it

We've got our panties in a wad because now we have a regime that is acting criminally against us citizens. And you're gloating over it. Which is exactly what WE said would happen.

The Patriot Act has been changed and expanded far beyond it's original intent. It's a weapon that the people never imagined would be turned on them when the government chose to do so. Now the government has chosen to use that weapon against the very freedoms it is pledged to protect.

The Patriot Act is living up to exactly what it was intended. It was intended to increase government powers so it could spy on as many people as they wanted with as small a paper trail as possible.

It amazes me that right wingers, who always scream about government corruption and ineptitude, were more than happy to give the government broad powers to spy on american's private lives.

Yeah. It's almost comical to see everyone, now, suddenly getting their panties in wad over this. "Welcome to the party", I guess. Shame you didn't accept the invitation ten years ago when we might have stopped it before it started.

Ten years ago, no one expected an obama bin laden to come along and do what he's doing.

Ten years ago, no one expected an obama bin laden to come along and do what he's doing.

Some of us did. Most of you wouldn't listen.

Not me. I had him pegged from the very beginning.

Did you vote for Bush? That's really all that mattered. The fools who think this is a matter of the "person" in charge are to blame in my opinion. When you create laws and government that can be abused, it will be abused. Who and when is irrelevant.

The Patriot Act as it was conceived isn't to blame. It's being used illegally by a totalitarian regime...and they're going to throw the people who told the story in jail, I imagine.

Welcome to our brave new world. America's finished. We won't be having real presidential elections anymore, and people are going to start dying very, very soon.

What part of the Patriot Act is being used illegally? What is Obama doing that the Patriot Act doesn't allow him to?

What part of the Patriot Act is being used illegally? What is Obama doing that the Patriot Act doesn't allow him to?

nowhere does it state that you can order the confiscation of all data from a communications provider such has been done with Verizon, and google and I suspect probably other providers as well.

Did you vote for Bush? That's really all that mattered. The fools who think this is a matter of the "person" in charge are to blame in my opinion. When you create laws and government that can be abused, it will be abused. Who and when is irrelevant.

Obama, Romney, McCain, Biden. It doesn't matter who ended up in the WH, the Patriot Act would have been abused. That's what the Patriot Act was originally intended for, to be abused.

Suddenly, after vehemently opposing it's passage, Liberals are vigorously defending the Patriot Act as if it were their own. My how the times change.

Only one Senator voted against the original Patriot Act, Russ Feingold. Only 10 senators voted against reauthorization. in 2006, all Democrats. 8 voted nay in 2011...4 Dems, 3 GOP and 1 independent.

In the House, 3 Republicans joined 62 Dems and 1 independent to vote nay in 2001. By 2006 it was 13 Republicans, 124 Dems and that one independent. In 2011, only 54 Dems in the House voted for it while 26 Republicans voted against it.

Exactly who is defending it that once opposed it?

Obama....

You have to blame bush. He started this current program. Seriously you partisan hackness is showing. Pathetic.
I blame bush, I blame congress, I blame obama.
I do blame obama and he should of killed it, but I feel it goes beyond one person now.
Stop playing the blame game and look at the big picture.

I don't blame anyone asshat I have no issue with the program and have said so straight away when the story broke.

you're a little slow so I'll say it again, IF you feel that way then you should have said so from the git go, before jumping in on my post back to whacky quack and saying it doesn't matter who is in the WH.....

then you are part of the problem

fine, you are entitled to your opinion.....I guess me and the messiah are going to hang tough together:lol:

Bullshit. This is what the left was up in arms about the day the Patriot Act was enacted. We were told to sit down, shut up and to stop behaving in such an UnAmerican way. This is the chickens coming home to roost that you were warned about.

awww, so you just sat down and shut up? sorta of like you all doing now and still blaming OTHERS for what your Dear leader is doing..

Boy, times do change don't they?

Times Change(about NSA)

Can you friggen belive this!!! (aclu)

US Judge Halts Bush's Spying Program

Patriotism and the Press

Oh ok, so it's ok that a democrat abuses power, because of a bipartisian bill passed.....I forgot, we cant blame democrats for anything!

^ This is why I come here, to read USMB's Righties/Repub voters :tinfoil: Do you have a source for that? :eusa_eh: You were just in the sourcing thread too :eusa_eh: allie :rofl:

Last edited:
They loved it when bush said it was a good thing. Now for 'some' reason, they hate it. It's that simple really.

nowhere does it state that you can order the confiscation of all data from a communications provider such has been done with Verizon, and google and I suspect probably other providers as well.

Sections 103 and 215 say exactly that.

Forum List

Back