Young White Americans are fleeing Democrat Party in droves since Trump's election

Normally, I would suggest starting with Hispanics and Latinos, who share certain core philosophies with Republicans, such as family, religion, and hard work. But there remain far too many people in the party whom Hispanics and Latinos find repulsive (the aforementioned "what, give 'em free stuff?" types).

Oh please, that has nothing to do with it. May I quote some pretty racist things that some prominent Democrats have said in the past, you know, like "20 years ago, he would have been serving us coffee!"

The Republican party is about X. You either believe in X or you don't. We don't pander to people based on polls. We do what we feel is right for individuals and right for the country.
Okay, sounds good.

Young people support Democrats over Republicans 69%-28% in November.

Institute of Politics Spring 2018 Youth Poll

Now watch all the old guys living in their news bubble try to tell us this is wrong/fake.

The gap between young people and the old people has never been higher. Young people aren’t scared of change and darkies like old people.

Well young people don't know very much about politics but learn after they start paying taxes and become aware of what's going on. When I was a lad at 18 I had long hair, smoked pot, anti-war, anti-police, played lead guitar in a rock band, and registered as a Democrat at the age of 20.

The only similarity I have now from a kid is that I still play my guitar from time to time.

Kids talk about kids stuff. But adults talk about adult stuff like politics. That's when one starts learning about it.

Young people voted for Reagan over Mondale by 9 points.

But thanks for proving my point about old people living in denial.
The problem for you is the fact that Democrat's idea of "change" is very antithetical to what millennials and gen Zers want.

They don't have an irrational and hypocritical bigotry of Southern people like you do. They don't think that white people are morally inferior.

That is why the #walkaway campaign will literally turn overwhelmingly blue states deep red overnight. You and your party are not and never will be progressive.

The poll was conducted online and thus is skewed and not objective. It only reflects those that voluntarily answered and is not an objective snap shot of the surveyed age group in general. From the lP link:

The Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted online in English throughout the United States. It gathered about 65,000 responses in all during the first three months of 2018 and 2016, including 16,000 registered voters between the ages of 18 and 34 and nearly 11,000 registered white millennial voters.

The poll has a credibility interval of 1 percentage point, meaning that results may vary by about 1 percentage point in either direction.

Online polls are worthless - Breitbart and other nutter sites were probably sending their faithful to it to vote, dump cookies and vote AGAIN!

Most young people are doing what my daughter did - registering Independent. One thing is for certain ... They can't stand Donald Trump.

Poll: Majority of young people believe Trump is racist, dishonest and “mentally unfit” to be president – The Denver Post

Now watch all the old guys living in their news bubble try to tell us this is wrong/fake.

The gap between young people and the old people has never been higher. Young people aren’t scared of change and darkies like old people.

Well young people don't know very much about politics but learn after they start paying taxes and become aware of what's going on. When I was a lad at 18 I had long hair, smoked pot, anti-war, anti-police, played lead guitar in a rock band, and registered as a Democrat at the age of 20.

The only similarity I have now from a kid is that I still play my guitar from time to time.

Kids talk about kids stuff. But adults talk about adult stuff like politics. That's when one starts learning about it.

The problem for you is the fact that Democrat's idea of "change" is very antithetical to what millennials and gen Zers want.

They don't have an irrational and hypocritical bigotry of Southern people like you do. They don't think that white people are morally inferior.

That is why the #walkaway campaign will literally turn overwhelmingly blue states deep red overnight. You and your party are not and never will be progressive.

Which is why, of course, young people want the Democrats by more than 40 points.

But you keep telling yourself that ptbwbihnortbp.

Well, the explanation I've received on this thread does explain a few things. Whenever I suggest the possibility of reaching out to minorities, the response I get is either "we tried that and it didn't work"
Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you envision when you say "reaching out to minorities" ? In other words, what are your specific suggestions?
It would have to involve something that simply cannot happen right now - the GOP would have to (a) publicly, loudly and clearly distance itself from, and condemn, the real racists and bigots within its party (even more difficult when the President has pretended to not know who David Duke is), and (b) just admit that there have been powerful elements within the party that have had too much influence.
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't innumerable socket puppets in the GOP "leadership" already done this ? and isn't the typical response either skepticism or having it turned into a tacit admission of guilt?

Normally, I would suggest starting with Hispanics and Latinos, who share certain core philosophies with Republicans, such as family, religion, and hard work. But there remain far too many people in the party whom Hispanics and Latinos find repulsive (the aforementioned "what, give 'em free stuff?" types).
You seem to be confusing resistance to race/ethnicity based pandering with some sort of anti-Hispanic bigotry, the fact of the matter is that the majority of immigrants in this country illegally are of Hispanic origin, right? Doesn't it follow suit that if that's the case those that are concerned about the negative long term effects of illegal immigration would have a tendency to point out the ethnic group that comprises the largest portion of that population for criticism?

But I can see this is a moot point, that I was wasting my time. Okay, we'll see if this immigration thing works. I don't know how.
As much as I detest the GOP I don't see the major problem(s) with it as being based on bigotry as much as it's based on unprincipled lust for power, dishonesty, greed and incompetence, in other words, same qualities that are most prominent in the Democrat Party, they only differ in method.

Well, the explanation I've received on this thread does explain a few things. Whenever I suggest the possibility of reaching out to minorities, the response I get is either "we tried that and it didn't work"
Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you envision when you say "reaching out to minorities" ? In other words, what are your specific suggestions?
It would have to involve something that simply cannot happen right now - the GOP would have to (a) publicly, loudly and clearly distance itself from, and condemn, the real racists and bigots within its party (even more difficult when the President has pretended to not know who David Duke is), and (b) just admit that there have been powerful elements within the party that have had too much influence.
Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't innumerable socket puppets in the GOP "leadership" already done this ? and isn't the typical response either skepticism or having it turned into a tacit admission of guilt?

You seem to be confusing resistance to race/ethnicity based pandering with some sort of anti-Hispanic bigotry, the fact of the matter is that the majority of immigrants in this country illegally are of Hispanic origin, right? Doesn't it follow suit that if that's the case those that are concerned about the negative long term effects of illegal immigration would have a tendency to point out the ethnic group that comprises the largest portion of that population for criticism?

But I can see this is a moot point, that I was wasting my time. Okay, we'll see if this immigration thing works. I don't know how.
As much as I detest the GOP I don't see the major problem(s) with it as being based on bigotry as much as it's based on unprincipled lust for power, dishonesty, greed and incompetence, in other words, same qualities that are most prominent in the Democrat Party, they only differ in method.
1 Yes, it would be a tacit admission of guilt. Even not-so-tacit. Pretending that racism (REAL racism) doesn't still exist is repulsive to those who know better.
2. There's a difference between pandering (which I fully agree is counter-productive) and just being honest about the behaviors of some on the Right.
3. The lust for power, greed, etc., causes many GOP "leaders" to "not see" the bigotry that still exists. That makes them afraid to be honest about it.

At similar points in their Presidency, Bush had identical approval rates amongst young and old people whereas old people love President Pussy-Grabber whereas young people strongly disapprove.

Race, Education, Gender Key Factors in Trump Job Approval
All of this is changing right now.

There is a big difference between young people literally hating Bush during his 2nd term and literally ushering in Obama, and the small but vocal number of young haters of Trump who don't really represent the attitudes of young people.

I am a young person myself still, and I work with the youngest of the young(19 year olds) when it comes to potential voters, and I am not seeing anything close to the lunacy that is being expressed by both the mainstream establishment or the radical left.

Don't be surprised when many or even most of the people who "disapprove" of Trump now end up voting for him in 2020.

At similar points in their Presidency, Bush had identical approval rates amongst young and old people whereas old people love President Pussy-Grabber whereas young people strongly disapprove.

There is a big difference between young people literally hating Bush during his 2nd term and literally ushering in Obama, and the small but vocal number of young haters of Trump who don't really represent the attitudes of young people.

I am a young person myself still, and I work with the youngest of the young(19 year olds) when it comes to potential voters, and I am not seeing anything close to the lunacy that is being expressed by both the mainstream establishment or the radical left.

Don't be surprised when many or even most of the people who "disapprove" of Trump now end up voting for him in 2020.

That’s a nice story, but young people voted for Hillary by 20 points, the biggest gap amongst young people since exit polling began. And the gap in polls just keeps getting wider.

Which is why, of course, young people want the Democrats by more than 40 points.

Considering I am a millennial myself and I went through a very similar transformation that Brandon Straka went through, you might want to listen to me. I have been correctly predicting political outcomes for a very long time now.

Listen to this young former Bernie supporter:

It is becoming impossible for Democrats to win even the "popular vote" without massive immigration.

1 Yes, it would be a tacit admission of guilt. Even not-so-tacit. Pretending that racism (REAL racism) doesn't still exist is repulsive to those who know better.
When did that happen? I can't recall anybody in the GOP leadership in recent memory publicly denying that REAL racism doesn't still exist, I'm not saying it didn't occur I just don't recall anything resembling that happening.

2. There's a difference between pandering (which I fully agree is counter-productive) and just being honest about the behaviors of some on the Right.
"Being honest" how? We're operating in an environment where you get accused of being a racist if you choose to drink coffee instead of tea for breakfast, how can anybody be "honest" on the subject?

3. The lust for power, greed, etc., causes many GOP "leaders" to "not see" the bigotry that still exists. That makes them afraid to be honest about it.
Well, that's probably true, personally I see that bigotry still exists, I just don't give a fuck about it anymore, I guess you could call it political correctness "ism" fatigue, the "content of their character" ideals of the 1960's are dead and the graves are being robbed by unethical assholes bent on turning differences into weapons, IMHO the only way to win that game is not to play it.

Considering I am a millennial myself and I went through a very similar transformation that Brandon Straka went through, you might want to listen to me. I have been correctly predicting political outcomes for a very long time now.

It is becoming impossible for Democrats to win even the "popular vote" without massive immigration.

So you predicted Roy Moore was going to lose, did you?

Remember when the polls said Moore would lose, and then he did?

That’s a nice story, but young people voted for Hillary by 20 points, the biggest gap amongst young people since exit polling began. And the gap in polls just keeps getting wider.
Hillary will look like a godsend compared to whatever lunatic the Alexandria Cortez modeled candidate is in 2020.

You might even have Hillary come in mid-election to pull a Romney-styled trashing of your eventual candidate. LOL

When did that happen? I can't recall anybody in the GOP leadership in recent memory publicly denying that REAL racism doesn't still exist, I'm not saying it didn't occur I just don't recall anything resembling that happening.

"Being honest" how? We're operating in an environment where you get accused of being a racist if you choose to drink coffee instead of tea for breakfast, how can anybody be "honest" on the subject?

Well, that's probably true, personally I see that bigotry still exists, I just don't give a fuck about it anymore, I guess you could call it political correctness "ism" fatigue, the "content of their character" ideals of the 1960's are dead and the graves are being robbed by unethical assholes bent on turning differences into weapons, IMHO the only way to win that game is not to play it.
The Regressive Left has certainly made things worse by screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves, no argument there, and I realize that it makes it that much less likely that the Right wants to engage on the topic. What the Right appears to have done, then, is give up or use it as an excuse to give up.

And it looks pretty clear to me that the Right is simply no longer interested in trying to make inroads with minorities. This thread has been a great example.

That's fine and all, although it certainly is a wasted opportunity. There are minorities who are becoming less and less enamored with the Left, but given the alternative, they're not likely to move.

So you predicted Roy Moore was going to lose, did you?

Remember when the polls said Moore would lose, and then he did?

I don't know anything about Alabama politics other than on a national level, so I didn't know whether the accusations would work well enough to make a prediction. I haven't been wrong in my political predictions since 2006, with the exception of 2014(I doubted Republican establishment candidates could win).

I do know that whoever Republicans run against Jones will wallop him unless he also is going to #walkaway.

You do realize that most of the Democrats who won special elections are among the most moderate in the party and no longer even remotely represent the mainstream, right? Veterans and business owners aren't welcome in the Cortez party.

The Regressive Left has certainly made things worse by screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves, no argument there, and I realize that it makes it that much less likely that the Right wants to engage on the topic. What the Right appears to have done, then, is give up or use it as an excuse to give up.

And it looks pretty clear to me that the Right is simply no longer interested in trying to make inroads with minorities. This thread has been a great example.

That's fine and all, although it certainly is a wasted opportunity. There are minorities who are becoming less and less enamored with the Left, but given the alternative, they're not likely to move.

You make some good points but I'm still mystified as to what you want "the right" to do to "make inroads with minorities", when the "general" position of "the right" has been predominately "no special treatment for anyone, for any reason", what's the alternative? pandering and mouthing hollow platitudes like the Left does?

Honestly I think the biggest bigots in the Political Crime Family Syndicate that runs things exist among the Left they're the ones that are repulsed by equality; equality of opportunity, equality before the law, equality of liberty all things that are generally speaking to the Left like holy water is to a vampire.

The Left doesn't want equality, they want paternalism.

Agree, because they will be a couple of years more mature and a couple of years more experienced in life.

You make some good points but I'm still mystified as to what you want "the right" to do to "make inroads with minorities", when the "general" position of "the right" has been predominately "no special treatment for anyone, for any reason", what's the alternative? pandering and mouthing hollow platitudes like the Left does?

Honestly I think the biggest bigots in the Political Crime Family Syndicate that runs things exist among the Left they're the ones that are repulsed by equality; equality of opportunity, equality before the law, equality of liberty all things that are generally speaking to the Left like holy water is to a vampire.

The Left doesn't want equality, they want paternalism.
Again, I'm not demanding this, I'm not asking for it, I'm not expecting it, but I'm happy to answer.

Many minorities have been conditioned to believe the Right is "racist" in two ways: First, they've had it pounded into their heads by the Regressive Left, and second, they've seen it with their own two eyes. One magnifies and justifies the other, and over time, hardens belief systems. So that's just where it is. Period.

The Right, then, needs to decide (a) if it's going to do anything about it, and (b) what it's going to do. As I've said, it's clear that the Right has chosen not to do anything about it. Great. That's up to the Right, and as far as I'm concerned, the conversation is over.

If the Right decides it's serious about doing something, it will have to (a) admit the real racism and bigotry of which it has been guilty, (b) stop pretending that the racism that does exist isn't important, and (c) provide minorities with a clear and positive alternative. In that order, chronologically.

Again, and I keep getting misrepresented on this on the board, this is up to the Right. It's neither a demand nor an expectation. I don't expect the Right, as it's currently constituted, to do any of it. I was asked, and I answered.

Forum List

Back