Your biggest pet peeves on idiot drivers and the actual language you use in the sitchation

What gives you any RofW when you have a RED light? The left turner, obviously has a green arrow. While I agree that the left turner should finish in the left lane--most state laws give them the leeway to finish in any lane.
I live in a right on red after stop state. The near lane to me is not for oncoming traffic if not at an intersection with 2 left turning lanes. Those are marked with a "No Right Turn" signs, otherwise right on read after stop, again into the nearest lane. Our state law requires you when turning left, to go to the nearest lane to you. Lane changes causing accidents within the first 50 feet can be an "At Fault" for the one that breaks the rule. This is actually standard in many states.

If you're driving a Class A/Class B Vehicle and you get those people who pass you and/or merge lanes in front of you and then slam on their brakes because there was just enough room for them to get in.

The guy in the left lane of a two lane highway (2 lanes each way) who is driving at the same speed as the guy in the right lane and stays there for miles so nobody can pass

Pass him or get out of the way
That's a definite hair puller...
That type of road is my daily life. The rest drive like it's NASCAR weaving traffic like a video game.

Never understood why people risk others and dying going to a job they hate.

I live in a right on red after stop state. The near lane to me is not for oncoming traffic if not at an intersection with 2 left turning lanes. Those are marked with a "No Right Turn" signs, otherwise right on read after stop, again into the nearest lane. Our state law requires you when turning left, to go to the nearest lane to you. Lane changes causing accidents within the first 50 feet can be an "At Fault" for the one that breaks the rule. This is actually standard in many states.

Yeah, same way here.

Tailgaters on the interstate.

You can be going 10 over the speed limit and still have an idiot riding your ass.

What do they think? They can speed/tailgate but I can't ride in the left lane and have to follow the "rules"??? LOL

Last edited:
I'f you're driving a Class A/Class B Vehicle and you get hose people who pass you and/or merge lanes in front of you and then slam on their brakes because there was just enough room for them to get in.
It works better when the hay is stacked so that you can pretend you don't see them behind you Natty........ :dev3: ~S~

kok suckers who tail you when you are already going 10 over.......so fucking irritaing.......... i turn my rear mirror away and slow to 7 over and fergetem

Motorcycles driving not in lanes but down lines cause they are special. high speed traffic weavers....people who drive down the shoulder to get ahead.....people crossing multiple lanes from left to right in hundred yards to exit cause they are too important to get into the lane they need to be in before they get there
Yup.
Twin Cities traffic has literally gone insane.
One thing about winter is it clears the roads of idiots for a while after they total their rides. Things settle down for a few days anyway.

ejerkulates who don't go under a green light when turning left at a busy intersection and leaving 2 cars behind to make a left

"move your mother fucking ass up you stupid bastard"

kok suckers who tail you when you are already going 10 over.......so fucking irritaing.......... i turn my rear mirror away and slow to 7 over and fergetem
Make you wish you had a 50,000 candle power pop-up Xenon search light in your trunk.

Numbnutz that don't pull into the intersection when making a left at a light. Arrrrrrgh

Tell you what--next time it happens, you go ahead and go through that red light when the opposing traffic has a green arrow and see who gets cited. If you have a red light, it is incumbent on you to ensure there is no other traffic. In the case of the green arrow--he has right of way.

or you could just stab the brakes..... :dev3: ~S~
yeah....but i never want to pizz anyone off these days....good people can snap and do something they will regret.......never beep unless you need to or flip anyone off .....or jam them in or out somehow

in the good ole days we could do this shit and everyone moved one cussing

Tell you what--next time it happens, you go ahead and go through that red light when the opposing traffic has a green arrow and see who gets cited. If you have a red light, it is incumbent on you to ensure there is no other traffic. In the case of the green arrow--he has right of way.
Nah, I roll with dash cam, so able to prove sequence of events and the law covers me. I just blow my horn and give them the finger. Irritating, but works for me.

Oh, and another thing. And this might be my biggest gripe.

Traffic gets backed up for miles for the simple fact that people can't merge into traffic smoothly.

As an example, I'm reminded specifically of merging onto I-95 from the blue route. That gets backed up forever at around rush hour.

But it happens on most of those types of highway merges.
That brings up the zipper merge.
In MN the rule is to use all lanes of traffic till the actual merge sign at the literal end of the lane. At the merge point cars are to take turns like a zipper and requires drivers to be cooperative.

Yet, people stack up way back creating multiple merge points with some coming to a complete stop in an otherwise open lane.
Dangerous as hell. Then some drivers try to prevent others from properly and legally merging at the proper point because they feel like they lost their "place".
Many states are trying to educate drivers and construction zones here are marked accordingly..
download (4).jpeg

Last edited:
Nah, I roll with dash cam, so able to prove sequence of events and the law covers me. I just blow my horn and give them the finger. Irritating, but works for me.
Right on red does not have right of way over anyone with a green signal much the same as a left turner has no right of way over oncoming traffic that has a green light. Great that you have a dash cam--they'll use it to prove you wrong.

Forum List

Back