Your biggest pet peeves on idiot drivers and the actual language you use in the sitchation

Here in the extreme southeast corner of South Dakota, we get LOTS of traffic from Iowa and Minnesota. I haven't noticed anything too crazy from the Iowans, but Minnesota drivers do it every time -- they'll ride your ass in the slow lane for 10 or 15 miles and then finally pass you, then pull into the lane in front of you and slow way down. Never fails!

That brings up the zipper merge.
In MN the rule is to use all lanes of traffic till the actual merge sign at the literal end of the lane. At the merge point cars are to take turns like a zipper and requires drivers to be cooperative.

That's the smart way to do it.

But, like you said, hardly anybody does. Which is one of the main reasons why it gets so backed up.

That's the smart way to do it.

But, like you said, hardly anybody does. Which is one of the main reasons why it gets so backed up.
Some people literally turn into animals behind the protection of all that metal and glass and would never behave that way face to face.

I guess I am just a mellow old guy in a pickup now. I occasionally honk, but just mostly shake my head in disgust these days.

Although I do let out the animal on a snowmobile.

If I was a traffic cop, I'd be hitting my monthly quota on my first shift. lolol.

I'd be like Barney Fife.

barney-fife-nip-it.gif

Right on red does not have right of way over anyone with a green signal much the same as a left turner has no right of way over oncoming traffic that has a green light. Great that you have a dash cam--they'll use it to prove you wrong.
It does, as it is also against the law to change lanes in an intersection. If they come into your lane, their insurance pays and the cop writes the ticket when shown the video.
DASHCAM... Don't leave home without it.:cool:

It does, as it is also against the law to change lanes in an intersection. If they come into your lane, their insurance pays and the cop writes the ticket when shown the video.
DASHCAM... Don't leave home without it.:cool:
Love or hate Russia, they have the Best vids.

Motorcycles driving not in lanes but down lines cause they are special. high speed traffic weavers....people who drive down the shoulder to get ahead.....people crossing multiple lanes from left to right in hundred yards to exit cause they are too important to get into the lane they need to be in before they get there
Splitting lanes on a bike is usually legal, but it's stupid when done forty or fifty mph faster than traffic which I've seen done a lot. When I see someone driving down the shoulder to avoid traffic I usually ease halfway onto the shoulder to block them. If I am good enough to sit in traffic, so are they.

fuktards who merge on a 70mph freeway, or any freeway, going 40 mph, and slowly accelerating in heavy traffic causing people in mass to change lanes, people braking, totally screwing up the timing of everyone..........dangerous!!!

"MERGE YOU MUTHER FUKER MERGE. GOD DAMNED YOU SON OF A FUKIN BITCHIN ASS HOLE"

please use only one pet peeve of dumb arses per post
My headlights have a disintegration beam that will eliminate the anguish you experience.

Splitting lanes on a bike is usually legal, but it's stupid when done forty or fifty mph faster than traffic which I've seen done a lot. When I see someone driving down the shoulder to avoid traffic I usually ease halfway onto the shoulder to block them. If I am good enough to sit in traffic, so are they.
Lane splitting is only LEGAL in CA. Many states are considering it and many leave it to local discretion, but only CA has legalized it.

Those dumbasses who install those aftermarket, retina burning LED headlights and don't adjust em so they don't blind oncoming traffic.

And, of course, you get the ones who just keep their high beams on all of the time regardless because screw everybody else.

In heavy traffic when one intersection is backed all the way to the last one, is idiots who enter the intersection when they can't clear it and the light changes and the moron is sitting there blocking cross traffic.

You should be allowed to ram them.
Blocking the intersection is illegal in CA and the violator can be cited. The law states that the intersection must be cleared when the light changes to red. Many people have been cited for entering the intersection to make a left turn and waiting until the light turns red to complete the turn. Can't speak for any other state, but I know it to be true in CA.

Forum List

Back