Your Favorite Things About Israel

Hard to narrow it down. The country is so amazing all-around.

What I like most though- if I have to say- is their military. The IDF really cleans up nice.

Right, Palestinians?

LOL

Truly Hashem has comforted Tzion, Comforted all her ruins; He has made her wilderness like Eden, Her desert like the Garden of Hashem. Gladness and joy shall abide there, Thanksgiving and the sound of music
Isaiah 51:3 (The Israel Bible™)

Hear the verse in Hebrew

kee ni-KHAM a-do-NAI tzi-YON ni-KHAM kol kho-r’-vo-TE-ha va-YA-sem mid-ba-RAH
k’-AY-den v’-ar-va-TAH k’-gan a-do-NAI sa-SON v’-sim-KHA yi-ma-TZAY VAH to-DA
v’-KOL zim-RAH

The Comfort of Zion
The Land of Israel has a supernatural quality to it. While under foreign occupation, it resembles an arid desert. However, under Jewish sovereignty, it comes to life, flourishes, and yields great produce. Indeed, for nearly two millennia, as the land switched hands numerous times between various foreign powers, including the Romans, the Arabs and the Turks, the land lay utterly desolate. Amazingly, the modern rebirth of the Jewish state in 1948 has brought with it an astounding development of the land, to the point where once again the Jewish people can claim a flourishing country all their own. In agriculture, technology, and culture, Israel ranks among the most advanced countries of the world. Indeed, we are witnessing the Lord comfort “all her ruins".

This thread is for those who either live in Israel, have been to Israel, or simply enjoy many of the things which come from Israel.

Post your favorite movies, songs, books, poetry, restaurants, dishes, Malls, beaches, Archeological finds, tourist locations, stories, holidays.....the sky is the limit.

(Trolls? Ignore them)

Yeah I've see quite a few in Israelstan,I agree with you

Liq: you're stuffed in the head!!

Category: | Herald Sun

A MELBOURNE-BORN girl was killed by a suicide bomb more than a decade ago. Her death occupies her father's mind every day, compounded by the release of the orchestrator of the terrorism.
-----

ARNOLD Roth's grief follows no guidebook. His daughter Malki was killed a decade ago.

Yet it might have been last week, so clear is his recall of the 12 hours after the bomb blast, when Malki's fate lay in official limbo, and Roth scrambled to a hospital on the mistaken tip that his daughter lay unidentified on an operating table.

Malki's life and death is the "central theme" of Roth's thinking. Each day, he sits in what was his daughter's bedroom, now his study, and runs a Jerusalem technology company.

Roth sometimes gazes at the political campaign stickers, all bright splashes and irony, his daughter used to paste on her bedroom walls. The stickers remind him of her sunny ways, as do the cheques he signs in her name, and the charity founded in her honour that helps families with disabled children.

Yet the jar of her absence will never fade. He remembers later retracing her final steps that day, her hurried farewell to her mother dozing in bed that morning, then the trail of text messages that placed Malki, inexorably, in a pizza restaurant where 15 people were killed for no good reason.

The wait for news went on and on. About 2am on August 10, 2001, Roth went numb at the confirmation of Malki's death. His daughter was 15 when she queued for lunch on a hot afternoon the day before. She had no enemies. She did not subscribe to hateful beliefs that might inspire them.

A young Arab man had sat down at a nearby table, gulped down his final meal, and detonated a guitar case of explosives.

His was the first major suicide bombing in a campaign against civilian targets in Israel. It changed everything; for the Roths, obviously, but also for everyone else, everywhere. Humanity was confronting a new blight, in this and 9/11 a few weeks later, that remains rampant a decade on.

This bombing wasn't about territory or rights. There was no victory sought, only terror to be wrought. Malki, born in Melbourne and raised in Jerusalem, was murdered, as a Jew, in the name of God, or Allah. She died for the sake of religion - gone wrong.

Israel's enemies are mine!!

Greg

Stuffed in the head. lmao.

Now on Ignore AKA "NOI"

This thread is for those who either live in Israel, have been to Israel, or simply enjoy many of the things which come from Israel.

Post your favorite movies, songs, books, poetry, restaurants, dishes, Malls, beaches, Archeological finds, tourist locations, stories, holidays.....the sky is the limit.

(Trolls? Ignore them)

A MELBOURNE-BORN girl was killed by a suicide bomb more than a decade ago. Her death occupies her father's mind every day, compounded by the release of the orchestrator of the terrorism.
-----

ARNOLD Roth's grief follows no guidebook. His daughter Malki was killed a decade ago.

Yet it might have been last week, so clear is his recall of the 12 hours after the bomb blast, when Malki's fate lay in official limbo, and Roth scrambled to a hospital on the mistaken tip that his daughter lay unidentified on an operating table.

Malki's life and death is the "central theme" of Roth's thinking. Each day, he sits in what was his daughter's bedroom, now his study, and runs a Jerusalem technology company.

Roth sometimes gazes at the political campaign stickers, all bright splashes and irony, his daughter used to paste on her bedroom walls. The stickers remind him of her sunny ways, as do the cheques he signs in her name, and the charity founded in her honour that helps families with disabled children.

Yet the jar of her absence will never fade. He remembers later retracing her final steps that day, her hurried farewell to her mother dozing in bed that morning, then the trail of text messages that placed Malki, inexorably, in a pizza restaurant where 15 people were killed for no good reason.

The wait for news went on and on. About 2am on August 10, 2001, Roth went numb at the confirmation of Malki's death. His daughter was 15 when she queued for lunch on a hot afternoon the day before. She had no enemies. She did not subscribe to hateful beliefs that might inspire them.

A young Arab man had sat down at a nearby table, gulped down his final meal, and detonated a guitar case of explosives.

His was the first major suicide bombing in a campaign against civilian targets in Israel. It changed everything; for the Roths, obviously, but also for everyone else, everywhere. Humanity was confronting a new blight, in this and 9/11 a few weeks later, that remains rampant a decade on.

This bombing wasn't about territory or rights. There was no victory sought, only terror to be wrought. Malki, born in Melbourne and raised in Jerusalem, was murdered, as a Jew, in the name of God, or Allah. She died for the sake of religion - gone wrong.

Greg

(Trolls? Ignore them)

-----

Greg

All horrible I know Greg but unfortunately this Schism is a two way street,and no one is prepared to change...I will ignore your crass comment as I am the only poster that wants a free and peaceful Israel and Palestine...so your comment I throw in the Dustbin of History...You need to Grow Up.I am not Israels Enemy You need to GROW A BACKBONE

Nothing wrong with my spine, mate!! You seem unbalanced wrt the orchestrators of terrorism and defending against it.

But I am very impressed with the cycle paths in Tel Aviv. Brisbane has a similar system.

NOI

Greg

Chanukah’s story of salvation also teaches us deep lessons that we can apply to our own lives throughout the year.

Here are eight lessons that I learn from the Chanukah miracles that teach a beautiful perspective on how to live a more meaningful life:

1. Few can win over many. It’s not the numbers that are always so significant; it’s the passion and the power of your conviction.
  2. Don’t conform to popular opinion just because it is popular. Stay true to yourself and your inner values.
  3. A little light can dispel much darkness. One positive word or one positive action can erase so much gloom.
  4. Don’t fight darkness; enlighten it by shining the light of truth and purpose. Don’t dwell on negativity or failures; instead, focus on positive change.
  5. Increase the light every night. Don’t be satisfied with your achievements; keep aiming higher.
  6. It is not enough to light up one’s own self; light up the outdoors as well. Share your wisdom and good fortune with others.
  7. When we go beyond our natural abilities, G-d responds with miracles.
  8. The Jewish people are a miraculous nation. Despite all those who tried to decimate us, we are here to stay—and to thrive and flourish.

2ff43f96-7968-481e-860e-cdf8d94e2813.png

In The Mountains of Samaria
Photo Credit: TzaleMiri

America had Barry Sisters singing Yiddish folk songs,
Israel has Tair sisters doing the Jewish Yemenite hip version...

Sarit Hadad is a true prodigy musician, she plays on several instruments and speaks 5 languages, an iconic figure in Israeli culture. Outstanding success in home charts and countries like Lebanon, Jordan, Italy and Turkey to name a few.

Famous Israeli wedding song

Last edited:

Forum List

Back