**** Your Flag. New Social Media Challenge?

Since you do not want freedom and are against everything that flag stands for, why do you care if someone mistreats it?

But what you want is morality and "decency" that is controlled by law pressed by force. If someone is forced to behave in a certain way, they are neither moral nor decent. They are slaves.

If your relatives would embrace you for wishing to do away with our freedoms, then they were not patriots and were not fighting for anything good about our nation.

They're not Forced to do anything. They simply would have to deal with the immedaite and permanent reprecussions of failing to behave as expected of them. That or leave the country, permanently and without any assets that are already here.

Regardless of whether they were fighting for anything good.... They were still killing Redcoats, Spaniards, Germans, Japanese, Iraqi's and Afghani's for this country. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

Your words show a fear of that which you cannot control. Yes, freedom is messy and often dangerous. But it is worth the risk.

Yes, there is a serious displeasure in my philosophy of that which cannot be controlled. I've never had total control of my life, for many reasons; most of which were not of my choosing as they existed from the moment of my birth. I learned over the years (on my own and from my family) that a society which embraces Freedom cannot be expected to embrace any amount of Decency or Morality. It didn't take me long to understand that I prefered Morality and Decency to Freedom; specifically because it allows society to be controlled; one way or another.

I can't comment on what your family may or may not have taught you. All I can say is if you don't like what this nation stands for, move your ass out of it. Follow through on your empty threat and I just hope they have the death penalty in your state. Either way, we don't need you.

I've been trying. Do you know what it actually takes to get citizenship in Saudi Arabia or Iran or other places like that? Any idea the cost and pain to renounce one's US Citizenship and move to another country or that sort? It's neither cheap nor easy because these nations don't really WANT former Americans (unless you're rich) and the US doesn't want people just moving out to places like that.

But what you want is morality and "decency" that is controlled by law pressed by force. If someone is forced to behave in a certain way, they are neither moral nor decent. They are slaves.

If your relatives would embrace you for wishing to do away with our freedoms, then they were not patriots and were not fighting for anything good about our nation.

They're not Forced to do anything. They simply would have to deal with the immedaite and permanent reprecussions of failing to behave as expected of them. That or leave the country, permanently and without any assets that are already here.

Regardless of whether they were fighting for anything good.... They were still killing Redcoats, Spaniards, Germans, Japanese, Iraqi's and Afghani's for this country. That's all that really matters, isn't it?

No, that is not all that matters. You say that 99.9% of the people do not know right from wrong, and then you say that killing anyone, as long as your gov't says kill them is right?? No, not even close.

And yes, they are forced. The fact that you think your ideas should be law and anyone who fails to follow them should be deported shows you have no understanding of right from wrong.

Since you do not want freedom and are against everything that flag stands for, why do you care if someone mistreats it?

I'm against everything it stands for NOW. Not most of the things it stood for when it was initially created. There is a significant difference between the two.

Your words show a fear of that which you cannot control. Yes, freedom is messy and often dangerous. But it is worth the risk.

Yes, there is a serious displeasure in my philosophy of that which cannot be controlled. I've never had total control of my life, for many reasons; most of which were not of my choosing as they existed from the moment of my birth. I learned over the years (on my own and from my family) that a society which embraces Freedom cannot be expected to embrace any amount of Decency or Morality. It didn't take me long to understand that I prefered Morality and Decency to Freedom; specifically because it allows society to be controlled; one way or another.

Morality?? Your morality advocates murder? Pretty sad morality.

Decency?? You think taking away all freedoms is decent? You are sick.

I can't comment on what your family may or may not have taught you. All I can say is if you don't like what this nation stands for, move your ass out of it. Follow through on your empty threat and I just hope they have the death penalty in your state. Either way, we don't need you.

I've been trying. Do you know what it actually takes to get citizenship in Saudi Arabia or Iran or other places like that? Any idea the cost and pain to renounce one's US Citizenship and move to another country or that sort? It's neither cheap nor easy because these nations don't really WANT former Americans (unless you're rich) and the US doesn't want people just moving out to places like that.

I don't care.

I'm against everything it stands for NOW. Not most of the things it stood for when it was initially created. There is a significant difference between the two.

Oh, so it was a great place to live when blacks could be owned and lynched at the whim of their owners?

It was a great place to live when women were virtually property, and could be beaten by the husband without any repercussions?

When anyone who was not a white male was a second-class citizen at best, and an animal at worst?

Yeah, if that is what you think the flag stands for, you are a greater disgrace to it than those who burn it.

I don't care.

Well, you're not going to be able to get rid of me until somebody clears the system up sufficiently to make it possible for me to go where I want rather than just wherever will take me. Especially considering that Europe is even more abhorant to me than this place.

My Morality advocates that people who can't get with the program need to be removed from the program.

Decency is the ideal that people are not the best judges of what is best for them and that Tradition/Morlity is.

I don't care.

Well, you're not going to be able to get rid of me until somebody clears the system up sufficiently to make it possible for me to go where I want rather than just wherever will take me. Especially considering that Europe is even more abhorant to me than this place.

I am not worried about getting rid of you. You are less than a pimple on the ass of those barbaric protestors.

But I will hold my offer for you if you come to Atlanta. I'll make sure there are some folks ready to give you the show you claim to despise. I'll be there to put you down like a rabid dog if you so much as draw weapon.

But, since I doubt you will come here, I can only hope you DO see some protestors stomping on a flag. While I doubt you have the balls to shoot someone, I can only hope you do. The state penal system is just the place for you.

I don't care.

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not trying to get rid of you. You aren't happy here? Move your ass out. That's too hard for you to do, then be unhappy. I don't care either way. We don't need you, but you really aren't so important that it matters.

My Morality advocates that people who can't get with the program need to be removed from the program.

Decency is the ideal that people are not the best judges of what is best for them and that Tradition/Morlity is.

And the "program" in this country is freedom for the individual. That a small part of the population is immoral does not change that. So either get with the program or get out.

Your morality?? You wish you lived in the 11th or 12th century, and you want everyone to live by "your morality"? I guess you were planning to be both the Pope and King back then?

Oh, so it was a great place to live when blacks could be owned and lynched at the whim of their owners?

It was a great place to live when women were virtually property, and could be beaten by the husband without any repercussions?

When anyone who was not a white male was a second-class citizen at best, and an animal at worst?

Yeah, if that is what you think the flag stands for, you are a greater disgrace to it than those who burn it.

It was a great place when people KNEW their place and accepted it, whether they liked it or not. BTW - it was only white LAND OWNING males who had any power. Which would make me just as powerless as anyone else, since I don't own property and don't want to. I find it far more disgraceful that this nation has moved so far from those original ideals, but to each their own, I guess.

Your morality?? You wish you lived in the 11th or 12th century, and you want everyone to live by "your morality"? I guess you were planning to be both the Pope and King back then?

Nope. Neither. Hopefully either a huscarl or more likely a tradesman with a craft. That's the most I would hope for, and that's not much by today's standards but a fair bit back then.

And the "program" in this country is freedom for the individual. That a small part of the population is immoral does not change that. So either get with the program or get out.

I've BEEN trying to get out. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the places I want to go won't take (former) Americans. You folks have fouled this place up so badly that the decent places won't take even people like me.

Nope. Neither. Hopefully either a huscarl or more likely a tradesman with a craft. That's the most I would hope for, and that's not much by today's standards but a fair bit back then.

Unless some land owner decided he didn't like you. Then your life could be ruined rather easily.

If this is what you want, and you dislike the USA so much, why do you care what someone does with the flag???

You claim to be anti-freedom, but you threaten to murder anyone who desecrates the very symbol of the freedoms you despise.

I've BEEN trying to get out. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the places I want to go won't take (former) Americans. You folks have fouled this place up so badly that the decent places won't take even people like me.

I know people who have moved to Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and even Cuba.

It seems to be you that they don't want. Can't say that I blame them.

Forum List

Back