**** Your Flag. New Social Media Challenge?

Give me a heads up too. I'll hop on a plane for that party. I'll bring matches and a pair of scissors. Well make some flaming bikinis for Anathema to model for us.

I'll let you know too; but I guarantee that one way or another I will not be wearing a bikini made out of an American flag.

I can guarantee that my head won't "disappear in a fine red mist".

Exactly!! I stood ready to die for my country and the freedoms we enjoy. And this little weasel wants to threaten to shoot someone because they express their opinion in a way he doesn't like? No, don't blame veterans for that piece of nonsense.

I'm not blaming veterans. I'm simply STATING that, as my veteran relatives would have; I will shoot anyone I see disgracing that flag. It's not about you or any veteran I'm not directly related to. Only the ones in my family, including my father.

You relatives died for what that flag stands for, not for the flag. And what it stands for is the freedoms outlined in the US Constitution.

You're half right. My relatives fourght for what that flag USED TO STAND FOR. That's why I say that post-1860 they have fought for the FLAG, not the nation as it is currently constituted.

That you, and any others, would soil the memory of those who died for our freedoms by threatening to murder someone for stomping on a piece of cloth, is the lowest form of bullying and bullshit.

No. It's something called NATIONALISM (even though the nation that flag represents no longer exists) and it's something we'd be a lot better off if there was more of in this country.

Let me know when you will be in Atlanta. I'm not one to disrespect the flag, but I will make an exception to call your cowardly ass out.

I'll let you know. I don't get down that way very often, but the next time I'm in the neighborhood I'll make it a point to pass on the info.

The relevant parts of the US Constitution has not changed since the 1860s. The Bill of Rights guarantees us all free speech and the right to protest. If someone buys a flag, it becomes their property. If they choose to stomp on it, burn it, or wave it around in the air, it is their business. The fact that you claim you would shoot someone in the head for exercising their rights of free speech and protest, and then claim to do so out of a sense of nationalism or patriotism, shows you to be woefully uneducated as to what that means.

Exactly!! I stood ready to die for my country and the freedoms we enjoy. And this little weasel wants to threaten to shoot someone because they express their opinion in a way he doesn't like? No, don't blame veterans for that piece of nonsense.

I'm not blaming veterans. I'm simply STATING that, as my veteran relatives would have; I will shoot anyone I see disgracing that flag. It's not about you or any veteran I'm not directly related to. Only the ones in my family, including my father.

So you are threatening to murder anyone who exercises their constitutionally guaranteed rights of free speech and protest??

Yeah, that is bullshit. I doubt you would have the balls to do so. But if you did, you need to know that you are committing murder on an American citizen exercising the freedoms that veterans have fought and died to protect.

The relevant parts of the US Constitution has not changed since the 1860s. The Bill of Rights guarantees us all free speech and the right to protest. If someone buys a flag, it becomes their property. If they choose to stomp on it, burn it, or wave it around in the air, it is their business. The fact that you claim you would shoot someone in the head for exercising their rights of free speech and protest, and then claim to do so out of a sense of nationalism or patriotism, shows you to be woefully uneducated as to what that means.

The Bill of Rights, like most of the original document is misunderstood and has been since the 1860's. Then again, most people can't trace their roots in this country back to the 1680's or have a great-grandmother who threw a census bureau worker out of her home for failing to agree to list her heritage as AMERICAN and AMERICAN only.

Honestly, I don't believe that Rights are a proper concept anymore. We need to re-write the document to correct the problems that have occured since 1860 and to ensure that no misunderstanding can ever happen again by creating a Nationaistic, Isolationist and Iron-Clad Constitution which cannot be changed or amended. Unfortunately, that's going to take a significant amount of blood in the streets to get done. Free Speech and Protest will NOT be part of that document.

Don't blame your family either. If you want to commit cold-blooded murder and desecrate everything that flag stands for, then do it on your own.

So you are threatening to murder anyone who exercises their constitutionally guaranteed rights of free speech and protest??

Yeah, that is bullshit. I doubt you would have the balls to do so. But if you did, you need to know that you are committing murder on an American citizen exercising the freedoms that veterans have fought and died to protect.

I don't believe in Rights anymore. I haven't in many years. Nor do I (or many of the Veterans in my family) believe in the idea of Protest. In fact, my father (a Vietnam Veteran) SPECIFICALLY attributed the US loss in Vietnam to the Protesters.

The Bill of Rights, like most of the original document is misunderstood and has been since the 1860's. Then again, most people can't trace their roots in this country back to the 1680's or have a great-grandmother who threw a census bureau worker out of her home for failing to agree to list her heritage as AMERICAN and AMERICAN only.

Honestly, I don't believe that Rights are a proper concept anymore. We need to re-write the document to correct the problems that have occured since 1860 and to ensure that no misunderstanding can ever happen again by creating a Nationaistic, Isolationist and Iron-Clad Constitution which cannot be changed or amended. Unfortunately, that's going to take a significant amount of blood in the streets to get done. Free Speech and Protest will NOT be part of that document.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Not much to misunderstand there.

And you want to rewrite the US Constitution and not allow freedom of speech or protest? Congrats on admitting you are unamerican, at best. Treasonous might be a better word for it. Your totalitarianistic dreams will NOT come true in this nation. And, if your family fought for this nation, as you claim, they would disown you for such suggestions. Your fantasy is to create subjects, not free men.

Don't blame your family either. If you want to commit cold-blooded murder and desecrate everything that flag stands for, then do it on your own.

My family are the people who taught me this way of looking at life. Pratchett. If that flag truly stands for what you claim, then this nation has no value, and humankind has lost its last chance to save itself. Humanity is nothing more than another virus with no Morals or Values if you are correct.

I don't believe in Rights anymore. I haven't in many years. Nor do I (or many of the Veterans in my family) believe in the idea of Protest. In fact, my father (a Vietnam Veteran) SPECIFICALLY attributed the US loss in Vietnam to the Protesters.

Yes, I am sure it would be much more peaceful if everyone simply accepted whatever lies came out of our gov't. That pretty much eliminates freedom, but you don't seem particularly worried about that.

I know many Vietnam vets. Most agree that the 58,000 lives lost over there were lost for no reason.

My family are the people who taught me this way of looking at life. Pratchett. If that flag truly stands for what you claim, then this nation has no value, and humankind has lost its last chance to save itself. Humanity is nothing more than another virus with no Morals or Values if you are correct.

Bullshit. It is the exact opposite. A free people must have the right to speak out against injustice and to protest to change things they see as wrong.

Your family, if they taught you as you claim, are the antithesis of freedom. They want mindless slaves doing as they are told.

The flag stands for a nation of free people. It stands for the idea that all are equal in the eyes of the law. It stands for a gov't that should serve the people. It stands for the ability to speak out against wrongs.

If you disagree with that, you do not deserve the freedoms you enjoy under that banner.

And you want to rewrite the US Constitution and not allow freedom of speech or protest? Congrats on admitting you are unamerican, at best. Treasonous might be a better word for it. Your totalitarianistic dreams will NOT come true in this nation. And, if your family fought for this nation, as you claim, they would disown you for such suggestions. Your fantasy is to create subjects, not free men.

If things don't change in this country then this nation will never return to any amount of Morality or Decency. This nation WAS the last chance for humanity to prove that a truly Virtuous and Decent nation could exist. Since 1860 and more abruptly since 1960, this nation has gone away from any amount of Morality and Decency. IF that cannot be returned, then we are all doomed to an eternity of pain.

99.9% of human beings cannot be trusted with Freedom. We prove that every day in this country and around the world.

As for my ralatives; as I said, they're the ones that taught me this way of looking at the world. Not only wouldn't the disown me, they would embrace me.

If you disagree with that, you do not deserve the freedoms you enjoy under that banner.

I don't WANT Freedom. I never have. I simply want a Decent, Proper and Moral society. That's why my preference would be the 11th-12th Century if I could pick a time to live in.

Bullshit. It is the exact opposite. A free people must have the right to speak out against injustice and to protest to change things they see as wrong.

Your family, if they taught you as you claim, are the antithesis of freedom. They want mindless slaves doing as they are told.

Modern people don't have the foggiest idea of what is Right or Wrong. Just look at all the looters and protesters in Baltimore this past week.

Slaves, Serfs, whatever you want to call them. Most people do not have the Moral clarity to have a say in society. That's why a proper society sets the rules and does not allow them to be changed.... EVER.

If things don't change in this country then this nation will never return to any amount of Morality or Decency. This nation WAS the last chance for humanity to prove that a truly Virtuous and Decent nation could exist. Since 1860 and more abruptly since 1960, this nation has gone away from any amount of Morality and Decency. IF that cannot be returned, then we are all doomed to an eternity of pain.

99.9% of human beings cannot be trusted with Freedom. We prove that every day in this country and around the world.

As for my ralatives; as I said, they're the ones that taught me this way of looking at the world. Not only wouldn't the disown me, they would embrace me.

But what you want is morality and "decency" that is controlled by law pressed by force. If someone is forced to behave in a certain way, they are neither moral nor decent. They are slaves.

If our relatives would embrace you for wishing to do away with our freedoms, then they were not patriots and were not fighting for anything good about our nation.

Modern people don't have the foggiest idea of what is Right or Wrong. Just look at all the looters and protesters in Baltimore this past week.

Slaves, Serfs, whatever you want to call them. Most people do not have the Moral clarity to have a say in society. That's why a proper society sets the rules and does not allow them to be changed.... EVER.

Your words show a fear of that which you cannot control.

Yes, freedom is messy and often dangerous. But it is worth the risk.

I don't WANT Freedom. I never have. I simply want a Decent, Proper and Moral society. That's why my preference would be the 11th-12th Century if I could pick a time to live in.

Yeah, having people starving to death, dying of simple diseases, and the church ruling with an iron fist. What a glorious time for a few and a horror for the rest.

Most modern people do, in fact, have a sense of right & wrong. The fact that the overwhelming majority of the people can read and have access to huge volumes of factual information is a GOOD thing.

But if you wish to return to a time when lives held little worth, the very few held all the power, and freedom was nonexistent, you are welcome to your fantasies.

I for one will defend the rights of those who choose to live free.

I can't comment on what your family may or may not have taught you. All I can say is if you don't like what this nation stands for, move your ass out of it. Follow through on your empty threat and I just hope they have the death penalty in your state. Either way, we don't need you.

Forum List

Back