Your kids stink.

The sad thing is, kids at that age don't even always know how to wipe after going to the bathroom. It's a sad situation all the way around.

I am just imagining one of the stinky kids wanting to hug the teacher or just hold her hand...you know, what little 3-4 years olds do...and her pushing them away. This burns in my mind and makes me hurt.

I am just imagining one of the stinky kids wanting to hug the teacher or just hold her hand...you know, what little 3-4 years olds do...and her pushing them away. This burns in my mind and makes me hurt.

You ever read the book "Christy?" She ended up doing a lot of lessons holding a perfumed handkerchief over her mouth and nose.

That really gets to me too Gracie. I have a 4 year old daughter that loves hugs. She would be crushed if she was pushed away. If you are a good teacher, just do it and talk to the parents if it is that bad. Hint: You'll get messy as a teacher.

She can talk to the parents one on one. The only exception would be if it's a poop issue and that really needs to be addressed because that's a danger to the other kids.

Teacher sends note home reminding teacher to keep kids clean -- bad teacher!

Guess it would had been better if she held her nose and did nothing.

Where did anyone state that nothing should have been said?? There's a right way and a wrong way to handle such a situation...most people would agree that it wasn't properly addressed.

Yes, the teacher could have handled this situation better. But many of the people are acting like the teacher is the devil over this. I think it an over reaction....... An over reaction to the truth.

That really gets to me too Gracie. I have a 4 year old daughter that loves hugs. She would be crushed if she was pushed away. If you are a good teacher, just do it and talk to the parents if it is that bad. Hint: You'll get messy as a teacher.

She can talk to the parents one on one. The only exception would be if it's a poop issue and that really needs to be addressed because that's a danger to the other kids.

And this teacher may be wonderful with giving hugs even to the stinky kids. There is a lot of assuming going on here.

Last edited:
Teacher sends note home reminding teacher to keep kids clean -- bad teacher!

Guess it would had been better if she held her nose and did nothing.

Where did anyone state that nothing should have been said?? There's a right way and a wrong way to handle such a situation...most people would agree that it wasn't properly addressed.

Yes, the teacher could have handled this situation better. But many of the people are acting like the teacher is the devil over this. I think it an over reaction....... An over reaction to the truth.

I think that statement is an over reaction...calling a preschool teacher out for such immature behavior is not treating her as the devil, just being truthful that she mishandled the situation. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a second chance, but a lot of parents wouldn't be willing to let what is most precious to them be put at risk during her learning curve.

I think that statement is an over reaction...calling a preschool teacher out for such immature behavior is not treating her as the devil, just being truthful that she mishandled the situation. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a second chance, but a lot of parents wouldn't be willing to let what is most precious to them be put at risk during her learning curve.

"Put at risk"! I see no evidence that anyone has been put at risk by this teacher. So she was blunt about telling parents to keep their kids clean! Ooooooooh. Mean teacher... Embarrassing parents like that.

And this teacher may be wonderful with giving hugs even to the stinky kids. There is a lot of assuming going on here.

She said she doesn't want to touch them or be around them. Kids pick up on that kind of thing very easily.

"Put at risk"! I see no evidence that anyone has been put at risk by this teacher. So she was blunt about telling parents to keep their kids clean! Ooooooooh. Mean teacher... Embarrassing parents like that.

I'm not sure why it's such a difficult concept for you to accept the perspective that most parents aren't inclined to take the chance, whether she would repeat similar behavior in other situations or not, when it comes to their children. Daycare centers are on every other corner, and as a business, if you don't have teachers who are professionals, then expect to lose business to your competitor.

She said she doesn't want to touch them or be around them. Kids pick up on that kind of thing very easily.

Yes, she is guilty of telling the truth which is a good definitation of not being tactful. Part of most jobs are doing things you don't want to do. So that does not mean she is treating the kids poorly. At least she tried to do something about the stinky kids. How many teachers did nothing?

Try reading the thread again. Try reading the NOTE again. The TEACHER is the one that said it is difficult to get too close to the child. And nobody here is asking for a rope and a tall tree. Drama much?

Yes, she is guilty of telling the truth which is a good definitation of not being tactful. Part of most jobs are doing things you don't want to do. So that does not mean she is treating the kids poorly. At least she tried to do something about the stinky kids. How many teachers did nothing?

Maybe it is a small school and there is only one teacher for kindergarteners? Ever think of that? Get off your high horse and chill out. Everyone said she handled it badly. Most agree with her. A lot are fearful she withholds herself from smelly children and are concerned on how that child will react if...IF...she shunned the child or kept him/her at a distance due to odor. It's all speculation at this point but a good topic.
She may be a great teacher and does her job well, but being a teacher is not just teaching. Seems to be part mentor, part parent, part nurse, part psychiatrist, etc etc etc.

In short...we are all in agreement IT WAS HANDLED IMPROPERLY. Geez.

I'm not sure why it's such a difficult concept for you to accept the perspective that most parents aren't inclined to take the chance, whether she would repeat similar behavior in other situations or not, when it comes to their children. Daycare centers are on every other corner, and as a business, if you don't have teachers who are professionals, then expect to lose business to your competitor.

Actually, I think this is the type of teacher I would want. She sees a problem that could be harmful to the kids and does something about it. Like I said before, this is a case of "shoot the messager".

Show me a post where ANYONE in this thread said the teacher was the devil. Link it. Post the post number. Show me. Can't, can ya?

Oh, and do find some posts where the messenger is being shot. That note was insulting. It was worded coldly. It was sent home WITH the children. No one on one. No pulling the parent aside. No anything except to tell them their kids stink and she doesn't want to touch them.

Now...shall I wait for the links and post numbers I asked for? Probably not, since none exist.

Maybe it is a small school and there is only one teacher for kindergarteners? Ever think of that? Get off your high horse and chill out. Everyone said she handled it badly. Most agree with her. A lot are fearful she withholds herself from smelly children and are concerned on how that child will react if...IF...she shunned the child or kept him/her at a distance due to odor. It's all speculation at this point but a good topic.
She may be a great teacher and does her job well, but being a teacher is not just teaching. Seems to be part mentor, part parent, part nurse, part psychiatrist, etc etc etc.

In short...we are all in agreement IT WAS HANDLED IMPROPERLY. Geez.

"Get off your high horse and chill out". That's exactly what I've been trying to say. Let anyone that hasn't handled a situation with a lack of tact cast the first stone.

Actually, I think this is the type of teacher I would want. She sees a problem that could be harmful to the kids and does something about it. Like I said before, this is a case of "shoot the messager".

Well bully for you...you're being over the top though with your "devil" and "shoot the messenger" dramatics.:lol:

Show me a post where ANYONE in this thread said the teacher was the devil. Link it. Post the post number. Show me. Can't, can ya?

Oh, and do find some posts where the messenger is being shot. That note was insulting. It was worded coldly. It was sent home WITH the children. No one on one. No pulling the parent aside. No anything except to tell them their kids stink and she doesn't want to touch them.

Now...shall I wait for the links and post numbers I asked for? Probably not, since none exist.

Those are figures of speech that I'm using to suggest that you are over reacting.

Forum List

Back